What makes for a great session?

Having just gotten my domme wings -- and already been inspired watching the incredible ladies of FF work their magic -- I want to hear what makes for a truly exceptional session. What has made your best sessions so memorable? Want to hear any and all reflections, from both sides of the whip, so to speak ;)

Ive visited the fortress less than a handful times so far but each one of my visits has left an impression on me. For me, it is not only the delight of enjoying my fart fetish but also witnessing the mistresses in their element. The way they guide you as you let go and let them. Being exposed to kinks that aren't your own and experimenting. Learning new things about yourself and the mistresses.  For me learning that I have been and may be the first farting session for the mistresses excites me. They're venturing into a kink that is new to them and it is amazing to be able to share that experience with them.

Oh Ma GA!!!!!!

Just WINGED this AM and how lucky for me to be Mistress' first.  Fly fly FLY wonderful Mistress, in the delicious darkness you create be a beloved Light-being!

How perfectly lovely for you to ask.  

Connection to Mistress is everything for me. I connect and stay.  Long ago, when having to look, I learned, for me, servicing Mistress' feet and toes first thing brought me connection and put me in a hot, ready & willing, subservient mood.  

Later when a relationship had been established, I learned for me to ask Mistress' permission to switch roles, I'd be Her talking to me. This could get me incredibly hot, and opens a great communication space. Being able to communicate that clearly for me was so empowering and blissfully satisfying. Sometimes I'd get so hot,  I'd have to stop speaking immediately and beg for my ass to be blistered non-stop red, just to cool me off. "No, MORE! Don't stop dear Mistress, keep strapping and paddling me!"

Every happiness to you!

L

Humbling rather than humiliation.

Simple, sustainable bondage in utter helpless vulnerability.

One or more limits extended or taboos broken.

A voice honey-dripping in my ear that my debauch and defilement is belongs to her and will go on indefinitely.

An ominous ending.

Marks that I will see the next day when I ask myself if that really happened.

MISTRESS JUSTINE SHANKAR...Regarding "What makes for a great session" First and foremost the realization and fulfillment of the extreme satisfaction of being in close proximity of devastating BEAUTIFUL FEMALES of known and fully implemented TORTUROUS PROCLIVITIES of  male debasement as befits their individual agendas of ruthless implementation. In my mind the EXTREMISM of BEAUTY relates to the EXTREMISM I will endlessly endure in submitting to a dominant female...unrelenting visually TORTUROUS PHYSICAL PERFECTION is the ultra empowerment of NO EQUAL that sadistically taunts our libidos into savage lustful compliance with the extremism of female depravities endlessly endured. YOUR individual insidious most EROTIC empowering LUSTFUL vision of TORTUROUS SENSUALITY personified is a great addition to the ongoing endless TORTUROUS perfection at the INCOMPARABLE FETISH FORTRESS...Lonewolf

I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say about this as well ^_^ .

For me, open and honest communication is essential.  I love a sub that I can keep on his toes.  Sessions are especially memorable when the relationship I have with a sub is dynamic and mutually beneficial--happy to say that every session I've had thus far has left an impression on me :) .

Having just gotten my domme wings -- and already been inspired watching the incredible ladies of FF work their magic -- I want to hear what makes for a truly exceptional session. What has made your best sessions so memorable? Want to hear any and all reflections, from both sides of the whip, so to speak ;)

Dear Ms. Shankar:

We had a training session with the Headmistress and, generally, training sessions by their very nature are not intended to be great but are intended to be instructive. It was a great pleasure to have met you that day and I hope we meet again soon to tell you more about the person you reminded me of and craft a session that could lead to greatness.

I have had many "great" sessions over my long life in the scene. Three factors contributing to greatness are:

1) The depth of my feelings for the Mistress.

2) Our mutual abilities to absorb and internalize the scenario or psychodrama of our play.

3) The ability of the Mistress to seamlessly seize control of the narrative at optimal moments. 

I could explain at greater length but for the moment I'll just leave it alone.

Dannyboy

My most memorable sessions have been with Mistress Katz and Mistress Zito. The reason is the trust I have with both of them. I usually give an outline of the scene along with my interests. Each time they have taken that outline to things I never thought. I feel safe with them which in turn allows me to relax. I can communicate the things I want or want to try through the scene. As soon as I enter the room and I get on my knees, I give myself mentally and physically to them. I would never be able to grow as a sub without absolute trust.

I think having a connection and good communication are both important. It helps with the flow of the session and makes use of the safeword less likely.

Lots of folks will list communication but to me that breaks down into three pieces. 

1) Being an effective negotiator of a scene. This is what most pros Ive played with struggle at. Usually because its too brief, too driven by a limits list, and not focused enough on what emotional drive the submissive/bottom has that has led them there. 

2) In scene communication. Getting the right amount of this is tough, some people want to talk it through the whole time, others a no safeword environment. 

3) After the scene, too often this is an orgasm, a hug, and a goodbye. At least for me, you have to let me in and see that you really enjoyed it, or not be afraid to say that we are mismatched. Nothing turns me off faster than people acting. 

The other thing that to me is crucially important is to actually know what you are good at and whats not your specialty. Especially when it comes to objects that cause pain. 

Finally, a scene that is well paced. There is nothing worse than having the scene peak too early or too late. I find sine wave scenes much better than those heading to a mountain top and then back down. 

Dear Ms. Shankar:

We had a training session with the Headmistress and, generally, training sessions by their very nature are not intended to be great but are intended to be instructive. It was a great pleasure to have met you that day and I hope we meet again soon to tell you more about the person you reminded me of and craft a session that could lead to greatness.

I have had many "great" sessions over my long life in the scene. Three factors contributing to greatness are:

1) The depth of my feelings for the Mistress.

2) Our mutual abilities to absorb and internalize the scenario or psychodrama of our play.

3) The ability of the Mistress to seamlessly seize control of the narrative at optimal moments. 

I could explain at greater length but for the moment I'll just leave it alone.

Dannyboy

Dannyboy, I remember it fondly :) It was a pleasure to train with you; looking forward to exploring further soon.

I think the most memorable sessions have been when it seemed like I was playing with a fellow kinkster rather than a professional mistress. A LOT goes into that, though.

A big part of it is trust. Since Mistress Kang gave you your wings, you have great expertise with all the tools of the trade, including how to make us scream in either pain or pleasure without accidentally harming us. You understand every part about a scene from negotiating to aftercare. This is also something you enjoy doing and want to do. These are NOT things you assume outside the Fortress. 

Another part is the dynamic between us. Some prefer a service top, but I find it limiting. If I'm genuine about things I enjoy, are you? Will you take what I'm talking about and tweak it into a scene you find exciting? Is there some new toy you just can't wait to try out? Don't be afraid to ask;you're the expert, and I might not have ever thought about THAT.   

Lots of folks will list communication but to me that breaks down into three pieces. 

1) Being an effective negotiator of a scene. This is what most pros Ive played with struggle at. Usually because its too brief, too driven by a limits list, and not focused enough on what emotional drive the submissive/bottom has that has led them there. 

2) In scene communication. Getting the right amount of this is tough, some people want to talk it through the whole time, others a no safeword environment. 

3) After the scene, too often this is an orgasm, a hug, and a goodbye. At least for me, you have to let me in and see that you really enjoyed it, or not be afraid to say that we are mismatched. Nothing turns me off faster than people acting. 

The other thing that to me is crucially important is to actually know what you are good at and whats not your specialty. Especially when it comes to objects that cause pain. 

Finally, a scene that is well paced. There is nothing worse than having the scene peak too early or too late. I find sine wave scenes much better than those heading to a mountain top and then back down. 

Your response rings true for me. Everything down to the sine waves.

These are all great points. It's nice to know this from a subs prospective too.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it when I can tell a Mistress is familiar with my desires, especially if we have never sessioned.  I'm so appreciative that they take the time to consider my written desires, and sometimes even consult other mistresses who are already familiar with me and what buttons to push.  

Nothing turns me on more and is more memorable than the sight of my mistress in a strap on, both before, during and after ravishing me.  I especially like watching in the mirror as I am taken from behind.  Its amazing to have that memory of servitude engraved.

I suppose it depends on the situation.  I think most sessions are usually fun, but for different reasons.  Sometimes it is the connection to the sub, the interplay between another Domme and me in a double session, sometimes it can be the activities. 

My most memorable sessions have been with Mistress Katz and Mistress Zito. The reason is the trust I have with both of them. I usually give an outline of the scene along with my interests. Each time they have taken that outline to things I never thought. I feel safe with them which in turn allows me to relax. I can communicate the things I want or want to try through the scene. As soon as I enter the room and I get on my knees, I give myself mentally and physically to them. I would never be able to grow as a sub without absolute trust.

It's always great playing with you also, that you can just surrender and go with the flow.

First and foremost, if there is a chemistry, then no explanation is needed. Everything goes smooth without words. Those types of sessions are rare. But just because there might not be perfect chemistry doesn't mean it can't be a really good or "great" session.

Communication is important. Intuition, especially in the top, is super important. The submissive gives you their submission and trust and that's responsibility that shouldn't be taken lightly or for granted.

In most of my private affairs I've always ,for the most part, had to be in the dominant role. With partners who were kinky, I was in charge, but always in charge keeping an eye for the comfortablity and pleasure of who I was with. Communicating beforehand that if anything goes anywhere that you don't want it to go, speak up, it's cool. Keep your finger on the pulse and know when to "switch gears". Switching Gears is an expression I read used by an old poker player to describe flexibility and not being locked in to one idea. It applies to poker, applies to life too. So if you're on the top the onus is on you really to make sure everything is cool, be observant and make sure the person your with is having a good time.

As a sub, which is the role I'm always in at the Fortress, I have to communicate what I like/dislike. Try and be open minded, polite, kind, fun loving, respectful and trusting. Sometimes the trusting part is not always easy.

That's what makes a great session, at least for me.

First and foremost, if there is a chemistry, then no explanation is needed. Everything goes smooth without words. Those types of sessions are rare. But just because there might not be perfect chemistry doesn't mean it can't be a really good or "great" session.

Communication is important. Intuition, especially in the top, is super important. The submissive gives you their submission and trust and that's responsibility that shouldn't be taken lightly or for granted.

In most of my private affairs I've always ,for the most part, had to be in the dominant role. With partners who were kinky, I was in charge, but always in charge keeping an eye for the comfortablity and pleasure of who I was with. Communicating beforehand that if anything goes anywhere that you don't want it to go, speak up, it's cool. Keep your finger on the pulse and know when to "switch gears". Switching Gears is an expression I read used by an old poker player to describe flexibility and not being locked in to one idea. It applies to poker, applies to life too. So if you're on the top the onus is on you really to make sure everything is cool, be observant and make sure the person your with is having a good time.

As a sub, which is the role I'm always in at the Fortress, I have to communicate what I like/dislike. Try and be open minded, polite, kind, fun loving, respectful and trusting. Sometimes the trusting part is not always easy.

That's what makes a great session, at least for me.

Dito on that,  Spermwhale!  I agree with everything in your response.