BDSM in Movies/TV

manclawz

One of my favorites is the 2004 film Going Under and it's a somewhat unknown film that I don't hear many people talking about.  The basic plot is about a submissive man, who's a psychotherapist, getting more intimate with his dominatrix during their sessions. 

One day, after one of their regular sessions, she reveals to him that she is retiring from "the business" but still wants to maintain a relationship with him "on the outside".  The film explores the complexities involving a BDSM romantic relationship and how the lines of fantasy and reality become crossed.

A scene for the movie was filmed in Paddles, a famous BDSM club in NYC, and Japanese actress Miho Nikaido had a small role.  She's mostly known for starring in the 1992 Japanese erotic film Tokyo Decadence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Under_(2004_film)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

There is a really funny episode, "Shrink and Kink" in the show "Maron." Maron is staying at a friend's house and his friend's wife is obviously a Domme.  She gets Maron to lick her shoes and when Maron tells his friend about it, Maron finds out his friend has a foot fetish and his friend's wife was trying to cuckold his friend by forcing Maron to lick her feet.

post-38283-0-97767900-1507518864_thumb.pngpost-38283-0-30023600-1507518876_thumb.png

I had no idea the show featured BDSM when I started watching it... Paul Giamatti's character on Showtime's "Billions" frequently sees a dominatrix. The show opens w/ him hogtied and ball-gagged.

Oh wow, had no idea! I'll have to give it a watch then :) I always like to see how the scene is portrayed on television.

I had no idea the show featured BDSM when I started watching it... Paul Giamatti's character on Showtime's "Billions" frequently sees a dominatrix.  The show opens w/ him hogtied and ball-gagged.

A few people told me about Billions, it is on my ever growing "to watch" list.  I bet it was quite a surprise for you (and everyone else) to see that opening scene.

A few people told me about Billions, it is on my ever growing "to watch" list.  I bet it was quite a surprise for you (and everyone else) to see that opening scene.

Mistress Katz, was it recommended to you strictly for its BDSM content or just the show itself?  Just wondering..

I had no idea the show featured BDSM when I started watching it... Paul Giamatti's character on Showtime's "Billions" frequently sees a dominatrix.  The show opens w/ him hogtied and ball-gagged.

I didn't realize it at first, his character "frequently" sees a dominatrix because she's his wife.   :lol:

Personally I love Gotham that show has so many BDSM elements which is what I love about it.

This show looks intriguing to me, what elements of it read as kinky to you?

It's a bit on the nose, but I recall seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith years ago and this first scene making quite the impression on me, haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72hHs8P-5jA. I've always had a place in my heart for Angelina, though.

It's a bit on the nose, but I recall seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith years ago and this first scene making quite the impression on me, haha:

. I've always had a place in my heart for Angelina, though.

Oh I forgot about this scene, this refresher does bring back how intrigued I was by it when the movie first came out!

It's a bit on the nose, but I recall seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith years ago and this first scene making quite the impression on me, haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72hHs8P-5jA. I've always had a place in my heart for Angelina, though.

Well I personally think just about any scene with Tabitha Galavan (my personal favorite on the show played by Jessica Lucas) and Barbara Kean can be read as kinky. The show is on Netflix the first three seasons anyway and there were some BDSM elements in Season 1 that were at first subtle but after they did the Ogre arc on the show (I won't spoil it for you but there was a serial killer who was like Christian Grey from 50 Shades) became pretty up front about the BDSM element to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if the BDSM type scenes were some sort of product placement. I mean characters have been ball gagged, one had his head but in a cage and in one of the latest episodes of Season 4 there was a guy who acted like a dog and was lead on a leash.

This is the second clip of a few commercials the show did. The funny thing is that the actress who plays Tabitha says she had no experience with whips or anything prior to taking the role but you can tell in the Gotham a City Gone Mad videos that she definitely loves the femdom type character. I mean if I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica Lucas really was a kinkster.

One of my favorites is the 2004 film Going Under and it's a somewhat unknown film that I don't hear many people talking about.  The basic plot is about a submissive man, who's a psychotherapist, getting more intimate with his dominatrix during their sessions. 

One day, after one of their regular sessions, she reveals to him that she is retiring from "the business" but still wants to maintain a relationship with him "on the outside".  The film explores the complexities involving a BDSM romantic relationship and how the lines of fantasy and reality become crossed.

A scene for the movie was filmed in Paddles, a famous BDSM club in NYC, and Japanese actress Miho Nikaido had a small role.  She's mostly known for starring in the 1992 Japanese erotic film Tokyo Decadence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Under_(2004_film)

I can't wait to watch this. I loved Tokyo Decadence. 

I guess I can also add books that include some BDSM elements.

These 2 were blind buys that contained some BDSM I wasn't aware of.

The Magician's Tale (1997) 

A young male prostitute is found brutally murdered and a photographer decides to look into it herself after the police seem not to care about it.  Her investigation leads her to the underground sex culture of San Francisco.

Eeny Meeny (2014)

A female detective is investigating a bizarre serial murderer who kidnaps 2 people, places a gun in the middle of the room w/ 1 bullet, and informs them that one has to die in order for the other to go free.  (similar to SAW)

She frequently sees a male Dominant as a form of self-punishment for something that happened in her childhood.

Even though I haven't read the books nor seen the films, 50 Shades of Grey has brought BDSM more into the mainstream within the last few years.   

I have read many reviews of the books/movies from both the kinksters and non-fetish that say that their main gripe w/ the author, E.L. James, is that she has stated that she is not into BDSM;  that her work consists of erotic fantasies that don't represent the BDSM lifestyle accurately and healthy.  

I visited Paddles one night around the time 50 Shades of Grey (1st film) had arrived in theaters and I asked Mike the owner if he had seen a rise in visitors to the club since the books/movie became popular.   He told me that he had seen more of the college-aged crowd come to the club since 50 Shades came out and that a lot of them "got scared" when they saw "the action" in person.  It wasn't fantasy anymore and they really didn't know what it was all about.

Even though I haven't read the books nor seen the films, 50 Shades of Grey has brought BDSM more into the mainstream within the last few years.   

I have read many reviews of the books/movies from both the kinksters and non-fetish that say that their main gripe w/ the author, E.L. James, is that she has stated that she is not into BDSM;  that her work consists of erotic fantasies that don't represent the BDSM lifestyle accurately and healthy.  

I visited Paddles one night around the time 50 Shades of Grey (1st film) had arrived in theaters and I asked Mike the owner if he had seen a rise in visitors to the club since the books/movie became popular.   He told me that he had seen more of the college-aged crowd come to the club since 50 Shades came out and that a lot of them "got scared" when they saw "the action" in person.  It wasn't fantasy anymore and they really didn't know what it was all about.

I heard E.L. James was a bad writer so I never bothered to read her books and I never bothered to watch the movies either. Maybe I will give it a try one day.