Stepping the Ladder

ThayerBrown

I have heard about this method of punishment only once.

It works like this: The ladder is a ladder that can be braced and secured to a wall. The victim is tied to the ladder. The victim's hands are tied to a rung of the ladder, facing the wall, so that he/she is on tiptoes and his/her back and ass are facing the Corrector. The victim is then reminded that after each blow of a birch switch he/she must climb one step of the ladder. Since his/her hands are tied, each step makes his/her bottom stick out more and more. If the victim's feet are spread apart as he/she climbs, it eventually exposes more tender areas. Once the climbing is stopped, his/ her feet are tied to  the rung to which he/she climbed. As a result, the victim's most sensitive parts are presented for switching with no way to avoid the blows. 

There are some obvious dangers. The attachment of ladder must  be strong enough to withstand the full body weight of the victim in his/her bent stature. The instrument for the whipping cannot be too damaging given the areas that will be beat. A switch is best, I think, because it really hurts, the strokes can be delivered with great speed, and it does not even approach the damage that a paddle, leather whip, or rubber hose can cause. 

The position is obviously humiliating. The punishment is unavoidable. 

The Corrector and the victim need to have a discussion about why the victim is looking for this and must develop a trust in the Corrector, not only that he/she will fulfill the victims real desire but also that he/she will  not stop until  that desire is satisfied. In other words, chemistry, understanding and empathy must be there for both. 

I would appreciate anyone's views on this.

I have heard about this method of punishment only once.

It works like this: The ladder is a ladder that can be braced and secured to a wall. The victim is tied to the ladder. The victim's hands are tied to a rung of the ladder, facing the wall, so that he/she is on tiptoes and his/her back and ass are facing the Corrector. The victim is then reminded that after each blow of a birch switch he/she must climb one step of the ladder. Since his/her hands are tied, each step makes his/her bottom stick out more and more. If the victim's feet are spread apart as he/she climbs, it eventually exposes more tender areas. Once the climbing is stopped, his/ her feet are tied to  the rung to which he/she climbed. As a result, the victim's most sensitive parts are presented for switching with no way to avoid the blows. 

There are some obvious dangers. The attachment of ladder must  be strong enough to withstand the full body weight of the victim in his/her bent stature. The instrument for the whipping cannot be too damaging given the areas that will be beat. A switch is best, I think, because it really hurts, the strokes can be delivered with great speed, and it does not even approach the damage that a paddle, leather whip, or rubber hose can cause. 

The position is obviously humiliating. The punishment is unavoidable. 

The Corrector and the victim need to have a discussion about why the victim is looking for this and must develop a trust in the Corrector, not only that he/she will fulfill the victims real desire but also that he/she will  not stop until  that desire is satisfied. In other words, chemistry, understanding and empathy must be there for both. 

I would appreciate anyone's views on this.

Fascinating!!

I cannot do this because of physical issues but I see how well thought out it is. I can also grasp how some subs would need and be brave enough to venture into this kind of treatment.

Dannyboy

I read about it in a compilation of a Victorian  periodical  entitled "The Pearl".  If you are interested, you can find it on Wikisource . Volumes 1-10 contain a serial story entitled "Miss Coote's Confession."  The story line centers around birching and whipping with a switch.  Volume 8 of the story describes the whipping of a woman and towards the end introduces stepping the ladder. Each volume of the story is  well written for those interested. In the context of a session with a Dom, it takes a lot of trust and understanding  between (or among) the participants.

Thayer...

I read the part that included stepping the ladder and other parts. I love the use of language and the detailed descriptions of the activities. Reminded me of Fanny Hill and at least one other book.  Reading of a young lady experiencing an orgasm and saying "Oh God, I die, aaahhhhh" is powerfully erotic. 

The tales of corporal punishment reflect a brutality that seems exaggerated. Reads well in fiction but in reality would seem to require first aid or serious medical attention.

Dannyboy 

It is Victorian in its source. And it does have to be modified to avoid the serious injury concern and there has to be a understanding with the Mistress as to proceeding with care.  But it is quite effective. A single "switch" can be used, so that it stings horribly but does not cut. When you have stepped the ladder and your feet are tied, your bottom is sticking out, and all sensitive parts are completely exposed and you are helpless. It brings pleas for mercy immediately.  

It fits is well with another favorite of mine--the victim is told that pleas for mercy are not permitted. The only way the Mistress will consider backing off is if you say "More Please."  If you beg, you get more punishment. If you say "More, Please" and she does back off, you ask why and she says  because you said"More Please"  and that is what she is doing.  Or if you say, it hurts, she says, "Yes thats the point" Or  she can say " You asked for this. I am just doing what you wanted" and then make you agree to the fact you asked for it. 

The topic brings to mind a history course from many years ago. The professor was German. He spoke of the Victorian era as one with a prevailing attitude of official sexual repression and prudishness. He added that during that time "there were more houses of ill-repute than at any other time in British history."

Dannyboy

The topic brings to mind a history course from many years ago. The professor was German. He spoke of the Victorian era as one with a prevailing attitude of official sexual repression and prudishness. He added that during that time "there were more houses of ill-repute than at any other time in British history."

Dannyboy

It's similar to when there was an alcohol prohibition in America in the sense that the more something is seen as "taboo," the more that something will pique everyone's interests. 

Dannyboy

Makes sense since sexual repression leads to pent up fantasies and sexual impulses!

Makes sense since sexual repression leads to pent up fantasies and sexual impulses!

Dear Ms. Jin:

I never could accept the hypocrisy of one set of official morals and another realm of private behaviors. I could understand it better if those at the top actually practice what they preach but so often they are revealed to be exactly what they officially oppose. 

Anyway the Fortress is available for people to live their fantasies and satisfy their impulses regardless of their attitudes in the vanilla world.

Dannyboy

• 2 weeks later...

It is Victorian in its source. And it does have to be modified to avoid the serious injury concern and there has to be a understanding with the Mistress as to proceeding with care.  But it is quite effective. A single "switch" can be used, so that it stings horribly but does not cut. When you have stepped the ladder and your feet are tied, your bottom is sticking out, and all sensitive parts are completely exposed and you are helpless. It brings pleas for mercy immediately.  

It fits is well with another favorite of mine--the victim is told that pleas for mercy are not permitted. The only way the Mistress will consider backing off is if you say "More Please."  If you beg, you get more punishment. If you say "More, Please" and she does back off, you ask why and she says  because you said"More Please"  and that is what she is doing.  Or if you say, it hurts, she says, "Yes thats the point" Or  she can say " You asked for this. I am just doing what you wanted" and then make you agree to the fact you asked for it. 

I love that mental game you posted. Where does it originate from? It's so twisted to make someone beg for more when they really want it to stop. At some point in play, the submissive victim won't even know what he or she wants anymore. The pain will confuse their thoughts and words to the point that they'll break and fully submit to their punisher.