Mannequin Challenge

Stinger

Reminds me of a photo I saw a while ago that went viral, of the Miss Korea contestants. I genuinely can't tell the difference between most of them. I think a thorough examination and analysis of East Asia's Eurocentric beauty standards and burgeoning cosmetic surgery industry is required.\c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Reminds me of a photo I saw a while ago that went viral, of the Miss Korea contestants. I genuinely can't tell the difference between most of them. I think a thorough examination and analysis of East Asia's Eurocentric beauty standards and burgeoning cosmetic surgery industry is required.\c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

I noticed this even just walking down the streets in Seoul.  Beauty standards are so ingrained that everyone thinks the same person is the most beautiful (i.e., beauty isn't really in the eye of the beholder).

I noticed this even just walking down the streets in Seoul.  Beauty standards are so ingrained that everyone thinks the same person is the most beautiful (i.e., beauty isn't really in the eye of the beholder).

Dear Ms. Li:

In my younger years the curvy, busty blonde was the standard for universally accepted beauty. Thinking of Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield for instance. 

Dannyboy

Dear Ms. Li:

In my younger years the curvy, busty blonde was the standard for universally accepted beauty. Thinking of Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield for instance. 

Dannyboy

It's so interesting how the beauty standards have changed so much. Of course, there are still men whose wet dreams are the pinup girls of the 50s and 60s, but those who are considered the most beautiful women of our time (think Gal Gadot, Gisele Bundchen, etc.) are all tall, thin, with little curves. Beauty really is quite a fickle concept, really.

Interesting! Agreed that narrow, rigid beauty ideals are quite harmful and homogenizing.