The "Hard-on" on Trial

Mistress Rey

What a wild account of some court case humiliation! 

In Roman Catholic France, (pre Revolution) human bodies were not considered private property. Married persons were required to perform their bedroom duties by law. An impotent husband, even if he was unaware of it before marriage, would be considered to have committed larceny. Divorce was almost non existent, but a marriage could be dissolved on the account of the husband’s flaccid prone penis! The couple would be subject to examinations, plenty of groping and prodding by medical professionals. Under all that pressure how is a man to perform?Then, they would have to copulate in front of medical professionals and/or close family members at the court to make sure the husband was doing his wife right. It all sounds so humiliating and hilarious that this was once a way to settle a court case! 

An excerpt from the text: “It involved a couple—likely estranged—who were compelled to have sex in semiprivate quarters, either within the courthouse or rented rooms, with medical people and legal people and close family nearby. In some accounts, all that shrouded the copulating pair were thin paper screens; in others the small crowd gathered behind a half open door or in an antechamber. The entire trying event lasted roughly two hours, punctuated by the kind of bickering achievable only by two people-in-hate. Before and after there were careful checks for fraud. On entering, each party was stripped and examined in every available orifice, searched for vials of blood, and checked for the use of astringents. Afterward, their genitals and bedsheets were subject to examination for fluids.”

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2016/05/18/the-hard-on-on-trial/

I always find the cultural tendencies of Roman Catholics during this time both creepy and so interesting! They really thought of all of the ways to torture, guilt, and humiliate community members. 

I spent a good amount of time fascinated with the Spanish Inquisition (an awful time all around). I never knew about this piece of history. 

Thanks for sharing this eerie bit of info, Rey! I feel like this can be molded into a historical roleplay (with the Fortress’ blow up doll!) where we force our sub to prove his virility. When he can’t perform we can punish him for failing ;) 

MISTRESS REY...Your HARD ON...TRIAL appraisal appears to be a most SENSUALLY AROUSING session possibility if all elements legally came to play...at our most beloved INCOMPARABLE FETISH FORTRESS. The male submissive being totally nude and forcibly bound is paraded around the entire Fortress facility most AGONIZINGLY SLOW to prolong his total TORMENTING SADISTIC INDIGNITIES...and totally presented and totally subjected to every VICIOUS PUNITIVE FEMALE EXTREMISM conceivably imagined...delving into most severest FEMALE TO MALE TORMENTING HAZING...so very representative of everyday life with their favorite preoccupation interminably personified most persuasively...envision the entire TORMENTING FORTRESS SISTERHOOD teasing and laughing at your every extremism of total indignities endlessly perpetrated...MISTRESS REY...I can almost feel your most persuasive indignities personally most lustfully...but PLEASE DON'T STOP!!!...Lonewolf

5 hours ago, Mistress Alexia Zito said:

I always find the cultural tendencies of Roman Catholics during this time both creepy and so interesting! They really thought of all of the ways to torture, guilt, and humiliate community members. 

I spent a good amount of time fascinated with the Spanish Inquisition (an awful time all around). I never knew about this piece of history. 

Thanks for sharing this eerie bit of info, Rey! I feel like this can be molded into a historical roleplay (with the Fortress’ blow up doll!) where we force our sub to prove his virility. When he can’t perform we can punish him for failing ;) 

LOL I think I would definitely fail this examination. There must be so many Inquisition-inspired torments out there. A friend of mine studies that period and finds the strangest little bits of text. If he shares any particularly intriguing and gruesome things with me soon, I'll try to remember so I can share them with you and see what details they remind you of :)

Today, incurable impotence before the marriage began is still grounds for annulment in the Catholic church. Today, we would use the "Rigiscan Plus" to prove things one way or another. http://www.gotopmedical.com/rigiscan®-plus.html It certainly seems less intrusive, but it keeps a record throughout the day. It somehow seems perfect for SPH.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, Mistress Rey said:

What a wild account of some court case humiliation! 

In Roman Catholic France, (pre Revolution) human bodies were not considered private property. Married persons were required to perform their bedroom duties by law. An impotent husband, even if he was unaware of it before marriage, would be considered to have committed larceny. Divorce was almost non existent, but a marriage could be dissolved on the account of the husband’s flaccid prone penis! The couple would be subject to examinations, plenty of groping and prodding by medical professionals. Under all that pressure how is a man to perform?Then, they would have to copulate in front of medical professionals and/or close family members at the court to make sure the husband was doing his wife right. It all sounds so humiliating and hilarious that this was once a way to settle a court case! 

An excerpt from the text: “It involved a couple—likely estranged—who were compelled to have sex in semiprivate quarters, either within the courthouse or rented rooms, with medical people and legal people and close family nearby. In some accounts, all that shrouded the copulating pair were thin paper screens; in others the small crowd gathered behind a half open door or in an antechamber. The entire trying event lasted roughly two hours, punctuated by the kind of bickering achievable only by two people-in-hate. Before and after there were careful checks for fraud. On entering, each party was stripped and examined in every available orifice, searched for vials of blood, and checked for the use of astringents. Afterward, their genitals and bedsheets were subject to examination for fluids.”

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2016/05/18/the-hard-on-on-trial/

I imagine many couples would rather suck it up than go through such an embarrassing experience.  And how humiliating it must be for him, the whole village would find out about his inability to perform.  I am sure he'd feel as if they were all secretly laughing at him behind his back.

It reminds me a little of the royal families in the 1600s who would witness marriage consummations to make sure the marriage could not be annulled.  But it only really happened in cases where a the relations between two families were shaky and a political alliance relied on the marriage not being contested. 

Dear Ms. Rey:

I wrote a reply a couple of days ago but lost internet connection and the work I did.

Your post reminded me of tv series I saw in which a royal marriage had the wedding night witnessed much as the description of the "hard on" trial. Ms. Katz pointed that out aptly in her most recent post. 

I am reminded of something I first heard of in a high school music class ages ago. It had to do with a time when the lord of the land had the right to deflower any virgin on her wedding night before the husband had his turn. It was called "droit du seigneur" or jus primae noctis. It was also called prima nocta.

So the privileged class always had its privileges. It still does today.

Dannyboy

Roman Catholic history never fails to morbidly intrigue me, haha. I wonder how many men today would pass such a test.

Incidentally, this gives some delicious ideas for multi-domme roleplay; I can't decide which would be more fun, the dissatisfied wife or the judge charged with a brutal reckoning. All the more reason to try both.

9 hours ago, Mistress Justine Shankar said:

Roman Catholic history never fails to morbidly intrigue me, haha. I wonder how many men today would pass such a test.

Incidentally, this gives some delicious ideas for multi-domme roleplay; I can't decide which would be more fun, the dissatisfied wife or the judge charged with a brutal reckoning. All the more reason to try both.

Haha, I'd love to be the angry wife, more opportunity for hard hitting humiliation!

On 3/16/2018 at 6:26 PM, jpcpat said:

Today, incurable impotence before the marriage began is still grounds for annulment in the Catholic church. Today, we would use the "Rigiscan Plus" to prove things one way or another. http://www.gotopmedical.com/rigiscan®-plus.html It certainly seems less intrusive, but it keeps a record throughout the day. It somehow seems perfect for SPH.

I don't want to make light of the medical intent of the rigiscan, but I can think of great uses for it at the Fortress. That device alone would give me an erection. And using it as a trigger for electrical "stimulation" during relentless teasing! Maybe in an interrogation scenario. WOW! 

Regarding the historical legal requirement for husbands to fulfill bedroom duties, I think the Catholic church was determined to maintain large congregations, which equated to money and power.

I love the fortress, and the forum.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:08 AM, electrofan said:

I don't want to make light of the medical intent of the rigiscan, but I can think of great uses for it at the Fortress. That device alone would give me an erection. And using it as a trigger for electrical "stimulation" during relentless teasing! Maybe in an interrogation scenario. WOW! 

Regarding the historical legal requirement for husbands to fulfill bedroom duties, I think the Catholic church was determined to maintain large congregations, which equated to money and power.

I wasn't making light of the medical side, either, but I AM a pervert and imagining ways to pervert a legit thing to feed my fantasies is simply what perverts do.

On 3/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, Mistress Justine Shankar said:

The Roman Catholic history of marriage is one of different needs, influences and traditions getting smashed together like continental plates. Watching theologians tie themselves in knots reconciling it all is funny.  

On 3/22/2018 at 6:08 AM, electrofan said:

This is hilarious! I never knew such a thing existed. Do you have one?

On 4/6/2018 at 5:48 PM, Mistress Vivienne Fang said:

This is so funny - sex is taboo, until it's for producing more Catholic babies, in which case the church will do anything in its power to make sure you commit the greatest sin. 

Dear Ms. Fang:

Every religion has its own rules concerning sex and its purpose. I produced one Catholic and two atheist babies. One could view religion as an instrumentality of social control. I wonder if Adam and Eve had any rules about sex? Imagine if she had not listened to the serpent and didn't eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge? No Fortress, no kids, no wars and immortality in the Garden of Eden.

Dannyboy

19 hours ago, Dannyboy said:

Dear Ms. Fang:

Every religion has its own rules concerning sex and its purpose. I produced one Catholic and two atheist babies. One could view religion as an instrumentality of social control. I wonder if Adam and Eve had any rules about sex? Imagine if she had not listened to the serpent and didn't eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge? No Fortress, no kids, no wars and immortality in the Garden of Eden.

Dannyboy

I know right! I was raised in a very non-religious family, but still felt pretty sexually repressed growing up. Chinese people don't need religion to make it taboo!

10 hours ago, Mistress Vivienne Fang said:

I know right! I was raised in a very non-religious family, but still felt pretty sexually repressed growing up. Chinese people don't need religion to make it taboo!

Dear Ms. Fang:

Makes me wonder why something that can feel so good is considered to be so bad. Reminds me of a Woody Allen film in which the psychiatrist asked him if he thought sex was dirty. The reply: "It is if you're doing it right." 

Dannyboy

On 4/9/2018 at 1:15 AM, Dannyboy said:

Dear Ms. Fang:

Makes me wonder why something that can feel so good is considered to be so bad. Reminds me of a Woody Allen film in which the psychiatrist asked him if he thought sex was dirty. The reply: "It is if you're doing it right." 

Dannyboy

What a sexy response. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, Mistress Rey said:

This is hilarious! I never knew such a thing existed. Do you have one?

Sorry Ms. Rey, I haven't checked back with the forum in a while. No I don't have one but I'm definitely going to look into it. Being medical equipment the price is probably through the roof.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, Mistress Rey said:

When you find out, let me know.

It seems that they're no longer made. There are only a few used ones on the market. I've decided to build my own that will trigger an electroshock when a selected level of rigidity is reached. I'll keep you apprised. I envision an endless cycle of up - down - up - down - up - down........ ? And all that's required is a little teasing. ?