Rey's Shibari Apprenticeship in Japan + Von Dietz Visiting Japan

Mistress Rey

12 hours ago, Mistress Rey said:

Does anyone have a favorite shibari position they would like to share? I'll do my best to learn it. :) 

I will investigate and report back.

I love when you bind me in ways that feel constricting, but that nevertheless leave me enough movement to worship. It's not long before I forget my predicament when some part of my body can pay homage to your beauty. That said, I will learn how to struggle better for you :) 

Being bound by you is already so seductive. You intoxicate me, and make me feel docile and pliable. There's always a moment when I realize how calmly and eagerly I'm letting you tie me up, how willingly I'm falling into your trap. I simply cannot resist. 

I can't imagine what it will be like after your intensive training!

On 4/13/2018 at 5:48 PM, Mistress Rey said:

Does anyone have a favorite shibari position they would like to share? I'll do my best to learn it. :) 

I love bondage but never had shibari incorporated in a session. I don't have any positions in particular that I would like to try but would love to have your expert hands put me in bondage when you get back.  Your choice of position of course.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:48 PM, Mistress Rey said:

Dear Ms. Rey:

Face down on a spanking bench. I actually have photos somewhere of a session that was photographed by a scene photographer. I was secured to a spanking bench by a Japanese Mistress/shibari expert and received a caning during that part of the session. Photos of that session appeared on the Mistress's website and also the website of the photographer. The photographer was a Japanese female who was also a sub/switch.

Dannyboy

On 4/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, Dannyboy said:

Dear Ms. Rey:

Face down on a spanking bench. I actually have photos somewhere of a session that was photographed by a scene photographer. I was secured to a spanking bench by a Japanese Mistress/shibari expert and received a caning during that part of the session. Photos of that session appeared on the Mistress's website and also the website of the photographer. The photographer was a Japanese female who was also a sub/switch.

Dannyboy

I would love to see an example of this position. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, Mistress Rey said:

Hmm...don't know any positions by name but anything where the sub can't move, is exposed, and is...otherwise totally comfortable.  Seriously, it's weird but I like the idea of your Mistress controlling your pain/pleasure so the is sub not experiencing discomfort when the Mistress isn't actively doing something to him.  That being said, I realize for some Dommes the idea of a tied-up sub enduring constant background discomfort for her is a thing.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:12 AM, JustAGuy said:

Hmm...don't know any positions by name but anything where the sub can't move, is exposed, and is...otherwise totally comfortable.  Seriously, it's weird but I like the idea of your Mistress controlling your pain/pleasure so the is sub not experiencing discomfort when the Mistress isn't actively doing something to him.  That being said, I realize for some Dommes the idea of a tied-up sub enduring constant background discomfort for her is a thing.

tumblr_nllbsxW17C1re5z1ko1_1280.jpg

I learned this classic shibari tie called agura/あぐら. It is specifically designed for humiliation and exposing genitals. This is a modest depiction of the tie, I couldn't find a better image. But can you imagine your thighs tied like that, and your ass exposed? You couldn't squirm away from anything I decide to do.  It would be a great ball busting position too. 

http://www.kinbakumania.com/en/shibari-kinbaku-como-ritual-protocolo-para-espectadores-y-atados-parte-i/

I enjoyed this article, lot's of useful information about the history and ritual of shibari! 

"Going back in history we’ll find that Shibari/Kinbaku had its ancient origins in the arts of the war (Hoshu Hojojutsu), the tradition of castes, Clans, Shoguns, Samurais and their overlords who were ruled by a very strict warrior honor code called Bushido. It’s therefore a normal consequence that a similar ethical code had driven Shibari/Kinbaku since its origins and became an “honor code” between those who practice and those who love ropes even when they don’t practice it. 

From that time where the 18 Samurai warrior skills were taught, were rope skills (Hoshu Hojojutsu, the ancestor of what is Shibari/Kinbaku nowadays) was one of them, these capital rules were born, deeply based in that ancient Bushido Japanese culture context. Those same principles, even when slightly modified, are what is considered the cornerstone of today’s Shibari/Kinbaku.

These were the four main rules in Japanese bondage: 

1. You shall never let your prisoner escape from the bonds
2. You shall never harm physically or mentally your prisoner.
3. You shall never let other clans see the techniques. 
4. Your tying should be beautiful, balanced and artistic.

These rules evidently spoke about “prisoners”  since they were related to that war skill used by Samurais to capture and transport prisoners to the courts on those days.  The different rope color, and the many tying patterns were clear signs of both the crime they were accused, and the social cast they were from.

This situation, between the rigger (Samurai) and the tied one (prisoner) used to be very ritualistic. Both the public exhibition of the prisoner to the people that watched him walk in front of the Samurai heading to the court, and the prisoner deliver itself to the magistrates, were a humiliating but also a highly honorable act for the prisoner. That duality between humiliation and honor, that we may see contradictory, was possible by the high respect for the manners that both Samurai and prisoner had. 

In today’s Shibari situations are quite different in many aspects, but closely similar in others. We don’t handle prisoners, we don’t speak about trials, courts, or magistrates as in Japan’s Edo period, but we definitely keep those honor concepts in our tying rituals. We also keep Shuuchinawa(the soft rope caressing style that leads to humiliating and distressing situations) and Semenawa (rope torture) as the two typical ways a Shibari/Kinbaku session may lead to. Whether it would go one way or the other depends on what the rigger perceives on the model’s mood on that moment."

On 5/11/2018 at 9:54 PM, tommygermany said:

Dear Ms. Rey,

I hope you really enjoy this adventure :) couldn't get to the board in a while, so I just read it...

say hi to Ms. on Dietz, too, if she's still around

Hugs from Germany

Hi Tommy, thanks for thinking of us. I will say hi to von Dietz for you on Tuesday at our rope salon party!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 8:54 AM, tommygermany said:

Dear Ms. Rey,

I hope you really enjoy this adventure :) couldn't get to the board in a while, so I just read it...

say hi to Ms. on Dietz, too, if she's still around

Hugs from Germany

Lol Hiii Tommy!  

When are you coming to let us make you over for your night out on the town again?! 

On 5/4/2018 at 8:07 PM, Mistress Rey said:

tumblr_nllbsxW17C1re5z1ko1_1280.jpg

I learned this classic shibari tie called agura/あぐら. It is specifically designed for humiliation and exposing genitals. This is a modest depiction of the tie, I couldn't find a better image. But can you imagine your thighs tied like that, and your ass exposed? You couldn't squirm away from anything I decide to do.  It would be a great ball busting position too. 

I. Can. Not. Wait. For. Double. Sessions!!!!! 

On 5/4/2018 at 8:57 PM, Mistress Rey said:

These rules evidently spoke about “prisoners”  since they were related to that war skill used by Samurais to capture and transport prisoners to the courts on those days.  The different rope color, and the many tying patterns were clear signs of both the crime they were accused, and the social cast they were from.

This situation, between the rigger (Samurai) and the tied one (prisoner) used to be very ritualistic. Both the public exhibition of the prisoner to the people that watched him walk in front of the Samurai heading to the court, and the prisoner deliver itself to the magistrates, were a humiliating but also a highly honorable act for the prisoner. That duality between humiliation and honor, that we may see contradictory, was possible by the high respect for the manners that both Samurai and prisoner had. 

In today’s Shibari situations are quite different in many aspects, but closely similar in others. We don’t handle prisoners, we don’t speak about trials, courts, or magistrates as in Japan’s Edo period, but we definitely keep those honor concepts in our tying rituals. We also keep Shuuchinawa(the soft rope caressing style that leads to humiliating and distressing situations) and Semenawa (rope torture) as the two typical ways a Shibari/Kinbaku session may lead to. Whether it would go one way or the other depends on what the rigger perceives on the model’s mood on that moment."

Not sure if I noticed this before but it's very interesting.  I've long been fascinated by that aspect of Eastern culture, how humiliation can be honorable in some circumstances.  Like the Japanese tradition of cutting off one's hair to show contrition, or the really ancient Chinese tradition of a strong and noble warrior who has failed in battle presenting himself in chains to be executed (which almost always results in their Lord undoing the bonds and praising their honor, but hey, the ritual is still important!)

Not a million miles away from a submissive trying to reach a deeper level of humiliation and subservience to prove their devotion to their partner.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:29 PM, JustAGuy said:

Not sure if I noticed this before but it's very interesting.  I've long been fascinated by that aspect of Eastern culture, how humiliation can be honorable in some circumstances.  Like the Japanese tradition of cutting off one's hair to show contrition, or the really ancient Chinese tradition of a strong and noble warrior who has failed in battle presenting himself in chains to be executed (which almost always results in their Lord undoing the bonds and praising their honor, but hey, the ritual is still important!)

Not a million miles away from a submissive trying to reach a deeper level of humiliation and subservience to prove their devotion to their partner.

That is an interesting topic. I would like to read more on it. Would you recommend me a good book? ;) 

Hello everyone! I have returned to the Fortress. 

I had an incredible time in Japan. It felt like a transformative experience.

I met many rope masters and enthusiasts, I learned many new concepts and ideas. I learned extensively about suspension bondage, was introduced to some semenawa (rope torture), learned how to make conceptual art with rope, and was taught new approach to erotic bondage. 

I studied intensively with an amazing shibari master and even followed him to Australia to help teach a ten day intensive workshop on suspension bondage and erotic bondage. I studied very hard at his dojo and graduated to advanced-intermediate in terms of my suspension skills. 

I filled a small notebook of notes from all the new information I absorbed during my time in Japan. Tokyo is a bondage paradise, there are so many quality events happening every week it would be impossible to go to all of them. I counted once, that I dedicated fourteen hours to rope related activity in a single week alone! I never imagined how full the world of shibari was, with it's different philosophies and styles. I will write a bit about what I learned and what I experienced over the next coming weeks. 

Can't wait to bind you at FF. ;) 

11 hours ago, Mistress Rey said:

That is an interesting topic. I would like to read more on it. Would you recommend me a good book? ;) 

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with any books specific to the topics I mentioned.  I think I just picked up on the Japanese tradition of cutting hair from news stories like this one about a pop idol more than from any book.  I did read "The Tale of Genji" in translation while on a Eastern culture kick, which talks about the tradition of noble women cutting their hair and becoming nuns later in life, but it's not really explained in detail.

The thing about Chinese warriors putting themselves in chains and presenting themselves for execution as a symbol of their absolute atonement I also got from reading a novel in translation during that same Eastern culture kick, this time the novel being "Romance of the Three Kingdoms."  But it's a long novel and it's not really about that topic.  It does feature a subplot fairly early on where an evil despot cannot be defeated by all the mightiest warlords of the land and their combined strength, but is ultimately undone by a seductress who tempts him to his doom.  (She's sometimes portrayed in anime and video games as using a whip...)

BTW, for any subbies still reading, you owe it yourself to go and see what Mistress Rey has learned about shibari!!!