Rey's Shibari Apprenticeship in Japan + Von Dietz Visiting Japan

Mistress Rey

Last year I had the pleasure of visiting Japan for the first time. Before my visit, I couldn’t say I was particularly fascinated by bondage. I understood that Japan is where punishment bondage and erotic bondage originated, so I made a point to discover their methodology. I wanted a fresh perspective and hopefully to feel inspired. After encountering the masters at their craft, I was so enamored by it that I’ve decided to take a break from New York to be an shibari expert's apprentice in Tokyo.

As a Mistress, I want shibari to be my speciality moving forward. I felt immediately that the subtlety in their approach resonated with my style of sensuality. And more, there is an undercurrent of Zen that elevates it to an intensely aesthetic and transcendental practice. The way these shibari artists elegantly weave webs around their victims is something I would like to incorporate in my own sessions. The tying is an event in itself; there is so much sensuality, sexual tension, and a range of exhilarating emotions from start to finish. There is an immense range of emotion and sensation that rope can give when mastered.

I love the idea of how sexually exciting subtlety and suggestion can be, and the Japanese are masters at it.

I’ll be leaving April 16. Meanwhile I have been studying my knots and Japanese speaking skills!

Also, von Dietz is planning a short visit in Tokyo at the same time as me! It’s her first time. How exciting! Can you imagine what trouble we would cause! We have been taking Japanese writing and speaking classes together so we can wreak havoc all over Tokyo. So excited to embark on this adventure, and more so with a fellow partner in mischief! 

Dear Ms. Rey:

I sessioned at different times with two Japanese Mistresses who were shibari experts. One memory has one of those Mistresses tying up a Chinese Mistress and securing her to a spanking bench. I watched with joy as she spanked her victim long and hard. Of course my joy was short-lived as I was next to be placed in bondage and subject to the vengeance of them both. I would describe shibari as almost an art form. I know of the connection with the Mistress as she practices her discipline (of shibari.) I wish you great success.

Dannyboy

Congratulations, Mistress Rey, this is so exciting!

It's been thrilling and inspiring for me to get a small glimpse of your encounter with shibari and your sense of commitment to it. I was never particularly interested in bondage myself, until I felt the passion you've begun to bring to it. It has made my moments learning, or at least trying, to be a better bunny for you feel sacred.

I can only imagine how incredibly powerfully it must resonate with you for you to feel the way you do. From my vantage point, you seem as tickled and excited as you do humbled and dedicated. I'm in awe of the intense focus and dedication you're capable of, and how patient and precise you've been in finding this particular path. 

Tokyo is one of my favorite places. It's about to get even better.

I'm so excited for you!! You'll be missed while you're away... I'll think of it as your cocooning period and when you emerge you'll be a shibari butterfly and fly back to NYC LOL I'm really looking forward to your new expertise and incorporating them into sessions together. 

I hear the Japanese are enamored with foreigners, especially those that have a very different look from them and you and Mistress Von Dietz fit that bill to a tee. Please take some videos along with all the photos!

1 hour ago, Mistress Rey said:

Thank you for all your kind words! Yes, will stay in Tokyo till my skills are deemed advanced enough. ;) 

Do you need someone to go with you to practice on?  I would hate to see you falling behind on your homework.  Would also hate to see you "stuck" in Japan for too long.  Your slaves would miss you.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:23 PM, Mistress Rey said:

Last year I had the pleasure of visiting Japan for the first time. Before my visit, I couldn’t say I was particularly fascinated by bondage. I understood that Japan is where punishment bondage and erotic bondage originated, so I made a point to discover their methodology. I wanted a fresh perspective and hopefully to feel inspired. After encountering the masters at their craft, I was so enamored by it that I’ve decided to take a break from New York to be an shibari expert's apprentice in Tokyo.

As a Mistress, I want shibari to be my speciality moving forward. I felt immediately that the subtlety in their approach resonated with my style of sensuality. And more, there is an undercurrent of Zen that elevates it to an intensely aesthetic and transcendental practice. The way these shibari artists elegantly weave webs around their victims is something I would like to incorporate in my own sessions. The tying is an event in itself; there is so much sensuality, sexual tension, and a range of exhilarating emotions from start to finish. There is an immense range of emotion and sensation that rope can give when mastered.

I love the idea of how sexually exciting subtlety and suggestion can be, and the Japanese are masters at it.

I’ll be leaving April 16. Meanwhile I have been studying my knots and Japanese speaking skills!

Also, von Dietz is planning a short visit in Tokyo at the same time as me! It’s her first time. How exciting! Can you imagine what trouble we would cause! We have been taking Japanese writing and speaking classes together so we can wreck havoc all over Tokyo. So excited to embark on this adventure, and more so with a fellow partner in mischief! 

Hi Mistress Rey,

That sounds awesome!  Enjoy your time in Tokyo.  And I'm supper psyched that Mistress Von Dietz will be there for a short while with you.  I'm sure the Japanese men are going to go nuts for the both of you!

Best,

Jay

Finally.. at last! 

Taking in the deliciously vivid sensations, while exploring the exotic, ancient, wonders of Japan, has been something of a Kawaii Kink dream, as long as I can remember. 

Mistress Rey has certainly been key to inspiring this voyage. :)

Through her commitment of learning the art of Shibari, of which she has already developed and demonstrated a beautiful skill for.-To sharing her personal tales of her travels with me.  (The GOOD STUFF) 

I have become consumed with curating a most exciting experience.  

There will be no shortage of photos, I promise you this.. 

レイ ありがとう! 

日本は私たちの冒険

xx 

Von Dietz 

17 hours ago, Mistress Von Dietz said:

Finally.. at last! 

Taking in the deliciously vivid sensations, while exploring the exotic, ancient, wonders of Japan, has been something of a Kawaii Kink dream, as long as I can remember. 

Through her commitment of learning the art of Shibari, of which she has already developed and demonstrated a beautiful skill for.-To sharing her personal tales of her travels with me.  (The GOOD STUFF) 

レイ ありがとう! 

日本は私たちの冒険

xx 

Von Dietz 

私は楽しみにしています!! 

12 hours ago, Mistress Rey said:

私は楽しみにしています!! 

Dear Ms. Rey:

I cannot read or write Japanese characters. I can't show this to my Japanese daughter or Japanese friends. I no longer have any Japanese Mistresses. So please, translate this and Ms. Von Dietz's writings.

Arrigato gozaimas.

Dannyboysan

On 3/26/2018 at 11:57 PM, Dannyboy said:

Dear Ms. Rey:

I cannot read or write Japanese characters. I can't show this to my Japanese daughter or Japanese friends. I no longer have any Japanese Mistresses. So please, translate this and Ms. Von Dietz's writings.

Arrigato gozaimas.

Dannyboysan

Haha. I said, looking forward to it!

On 3/25/2018 at 5:33 PM, Mistress Von Dietz said:

Finally.. at last! 

レイ ありがとう! 

日本は私たちの冒険

xx 

Von Dietz 

I can't wait to see the photos and hear the stories :) So fun!!!