Over Or Under?

2 minutes ago, Mistress Kang said:

The properties of toilet paper versus a tongue are quite different.

I will defer to you on that since you are clearly the expert here :)

However, might I respectfully suggest that these "tongues" simply need more motivation and/or training?

Dear Ms. Kang,

as I just recently saw a documentary about inventions, and the toilet-paper was discussed there as well,

I would just refer to the drawing that came with the trademark file...which clearly shows, that the inventors

idea is to have the toilet paper to be unrolled over the roll...

I might not remember the name of the person...but I clearly remember that drawing...

Hugs from Germany

An important life lesson:

Whenever my ex put a fresh roll in our apartment, she'd put it under. It drove me mildly nuts. But after a while I asked her why she preferred it that way. She had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently it was just an unconscious choice. So I asked whether she'd care—or even notice—if I were to switch it. She said she didn't care one way or the other, so I went ahead and flipped it to over whenever she put on a new roll.

Communication is key.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:27 AM, tommygermany said:

Dear Ms. Kang,

as I just recently saw a documentary about inventions, and the toilet-paper was discussed there as well,

I would just refer to the drawing that came with the trademark file...which clearly shows, that the inventors

idea is to have the toilet paper to be unrolled over the roll...

I might not remember the name of the person...but I clearly remember that drawing...

Hugs from Germany

Tommy, while I aesthetically prefer the end coming from under the roll, it is so much more convenient to find the end when it comes over the top.  And, I also once saw on the internet the drawing of how the roll was to unroll as part of a patent application.  And yes, the inventor invisioned that the end of the paper would come over the top.  That seems pretty decisive to me.