Quick Tokyo Trip

Took a trip to Tokyo. Mostly shopping, eating, and "nightlife". Too busy for pics in the evenings, but here are some daytime ones ?

Saw lots of tiny vehicles, seems to be the norm there. It's a toss up between the yellow van and green car.

Yellow_Mini_Van.thumb.jpg.1f9e419fe5d1a2c0ed68b1ab058aea19.jpgGreen_Mini_Car.thumb.jpg.bd0b9bc657d505d5206390f2ef563bbf.jpgMini_Food_Trucks.thumb.jpg.f8ed664986dac6e7bdbe6f104db1723c.jpgGray_Mini_Van.thumb.jpg.666a84d304752af55633908687f7cf7b.jpg

Went to a really cool specialty metal shop. They had a vintage Dymo Aluminum Tape Labeler!

Dymo_Metal_Label_Maker.thumb.jpg.34f6ac0e0d366c4ef7af7ae76e8921e6.jpgRolls_of_Dymo_Lables.thumb.jpg.f87b44eed2c36d163c239d4dbd83c33b.jpg

Went to this sex shop that has 7 floors. Check out the corn on cob dildo and the silicone mouth.

Dildo_Wall.thumb.jpg.79aea7abf91c3bca8c1f8665867bcbb8.jpg

Silicone_Mouth_Fucker.thumb.jpg.cc2294b007c6902b6b66b27351a19249.jpg

Bird sashimi, horse meat sashimi, and "raw ham" is a normal thing on menus.

Bird_Sashimi.thumb.jpg.b1c2d7d69c22b0b2494b2e8e670aac5d.jpgHorse_Meat_Sashimi.thumb.jpg.7e4dacc2a71bb8a6e2fd301908774178.jpgRaw_Ham.thumb.jpg.841841ff308d3f080f75c74e9f736d75.jpg

My medium rare serving of chicken yakitori was good LOL

Medium_Rare_Chicken_Yakitori.thumb.jpg.baf324fae273f10cfe62b30e67d5b91b.jpg

Japanese eat pancakes for dessert, but I found a place that serves it on the same plate as a side of lasagna and salad ("Half and Half").

Pancakes_and_Lasagna.thumb.jpg.d3dc701fc83ac0611e73f1a3427acba9.jpg

I'm so jelly of you, Rey and Von Dietz!  I have so many weird pictures, mostly of signs and T-shirts in "Engrish," from my trip to Japan years ago.  It's fun to look at McDonald's menus where nothing you can order bears any resemblance to American McDonald's, although their Burger King seemed to serve a burger with like ten meat patties.

7 minutes ago, JustAGuy said:

I'm so jelly of you, Rey and Von Dietz!  I have so many weird pictures, mostly of signs and T-shirts in "Engrish," from my trip to Japan years ago.  It's fun to look at McDonald's menus where nothing you can order bears any resemblance to American McDonald's, although their Burger King seemed to serve a burger with like ten meat patties.

I am banning you from eating at any fast food chain while traveling overseas. NEVER. DO. IT. AGAIN.

4 minutes ago, JustAGuy said:

Saw a sign in their anime mall that said "No Stealing", you know because otherwise...

On 6/20/2018 at 6:55 PM, Dannyboy said:

Dear Ms. Kang:

Please enjoy. My dream would be to go to a karaoke place and sing "Ue O Muite Arukou" with certain Japanese Mistresses of my past.....and of course with you in attendance as well. Oyasumi nasai.

Dannyboy

Was going to meet up for lunch with your favorite Japanese former Mistress (Senju) but timing didn't quite work out. I plan on returning so perhaps next time!

Mistress Kang, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.  Visiting Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto) is on my bucket list of things to do.  Have you eaten kobe beef and fugu (pufferfish) from Japan?  Though there are a handful on restaurants in NYC that serve fugu, I've wanted to have it in Japan.

There's an imported snack shop fairly close to me that sells the many varieties of Japanese Kit-Kats like Green Tea, Strawberry, Vanilla Ice Cream, Cheesecake... Why does Japan have so many different kinds of Kit-Kat?

2 hours ago, manclawz said:

Mistress Kang, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.  Visiting Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto) is on my bucket list of things to do.  Have you eaten kobe beef and fugu (pufferfish) from Japan?  Though there are a handful on restaurants in NYC that serve fugu, I've wanted to have it in Japan.

There's an imported snack shop fairly close to me that sells the many varieties of Japanese Kit-Kats like Green Tea, Strawberry, Vanilla Ice Cream, Cheesecake... Why does Japan have so many different kinds of Kit-Kat?

I haven't eaten kobe or fugu, but I did have wagyu beef BBQ for dinner twice at the same place in Shibuya ? The staff was super upbeat and friendly, I loved it.

499770061_wagyubeefandkimchi.thumb.jpg.188b61a3834343d228e0d2eccc1d10ab.jpg

They have a million Pocky flavors too!

7 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Was going to meet up for lunch with your favorite Japanese former Mistress (Senju) but timing didn't quite work out. I plan on returning so perhaps next time!

Dear Ms. Kang:

Thank you for that information. She was the "still water that ran deep" in my life. I still think about her.

Dannyboy

• 1 month later...