Impress Me In The Kitchen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/12/2018 at 8:40 PM, Mistress Kang said:

Every man should have at least one dish he can perfect. If you were to cook/bake/prepare something for your Mistress to consume, what would it be? What is your specialty that would win us over? ? 

Spicy papaya salad!!

or Pad Thai, or authentic spaghetti carbonara!

and obviously any seafood or meat (picanha!) on Grill!!

...love food and cooking ???

Oh and if you really want to impress someone, very very good and relatively easy to make then make pirate stew on the grill! You need a large fire proof metal bowl and following ingredients:

• Lobster
  • Shrimp
  • Scallops
  • Swordfish
  • Clams
  • Crab Legs
  • Wine or Rum
  • Clam Juice
  • Sweet Corn on the Cob
  • Stewed Tomatoes
  • Onion
  • Butter

just mix together with hard shell fish on bottom and softer fish on top. Put on grill for 25-30 min with closed lit. Let it steam and I guarantee this will be the best seafood you ever had! Simple looks amazing and delicious!

link: 

3 hours ago, Mistress Vivienne Fang said:

A potential partner needs to be able to make a perfect spaghetti with tomato sauce. It's a staple and the #1 recipe to keep me happy.

Hi msFang!

okay to my opinion best spaghetti with red sauce (made from scratch) and meatballs is the following. I made it for quite some friends and they all loved it:

Ingredients
Ingredients
MEATBALLS
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
SAUCE
3/4 cup chopped onion

5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 bay leaf
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. 

And just invite me ?

On 7/22/2018 at 8:36 PM, alexhuis said:

Hi msFang!

okay to my opinion best spaghetti with red sauce (made from scratch) and meatballs is the following. I made it for quite some friends and they all loved it:

Ingredients
Ingredients
MEATBALLS
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
SAUCE
3/4 cup chopped onion

5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 bay leaf
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. 

And just invite me ?

Take out the basil and switch minced garlic for garlic powder and this would be perfect! Ugh I'm hungry now

I can make mutton curries, paneer(Indian cottage cheese) dishes, meatballs, a variety of chicken and lamb kebabs and tikkas, king prawn curry with coconut milk, stuffed parathas: some I remember off the top of my head of  a pretty wide range of  Indian dishes really. I also dish up some good Italian: pizzas, pastas and yes, spaghetti (nudge to Mistress Vivienne Fang). My dishes are usually home recipes and every time I try a new variation to spice things up. I try new dishes all the time.

Proud to say that when I cook for friends, even large quantities are seldom left over.  

On 7/15/2018 at 11:09 PM, kevybaby said:

I'd make a mean baked ziti and give it to any mistress other than Mistress Zito because she fucking hates baked ziti so motherfucking much. Pardon my French; I'm bilingual

I’ve explained this so many times! Baked ziti is yummy, so get your facts straight! It is too easy to make though, you’ll have to come up with something a little more impressive! 

I love to cook. I can't give a one-dish answer as I'd try to understand the particular Mistress's preferences before getting started.  Because I've only been messing with sous vide for a few months, my first thought would be 72 hr sous vide short ribs, based on a David Chang recipe. These guys go into the recirculator in a sort-of-complicated Asian marinade with some substantial sweetness, but a good bit of acid to balance it. (I use okinomi-yaki sauce for the sweetness, because I always have that in my fridge.)  They are finished, off the bone (easy after 3 days) on super high heat to sear and glaze.  Another impressive one is poussin in Calvados cream sauce, Norman style - looks great because everyone gets their own little bird.   Pork tenderloin Norman style is also excellent.  I like to cook duck when I want to impress people because lots of people never touch duck for home cooking.  Some of my favorites are 911 duck (so good it sent a friend to hospital!), duck breast with white pepper and plums and Venetian duck ragu with fresh papardelle.  For Mistress Fang, well, I always just wing tomato sauces, though in practice I usually just buy them from Rafetto's on W. Houston, because theirs is as good as mine.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, Mistress Vivienne Fang said:

A potential partner needs to be able to make a perfect spaghetti with tomato sauce. It's a staple and the #1 recipe to keep me happy.

Mistress Fang, 

We would get along just fine.  Italian is my specialty and you would love my spaghetti and tomato sauce.  I could either make the noodles homemade or use a nice imported pasta. I make a perfectly smooth tomato sauce with no chunks of anything, but plenty of flavor.  I got this recipe from my Italian grandmother who made me swear to never divulge the recipe.  You would have to beat it out of me.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:13 PM, Mistress Alexia Zito said:

I’ve explained this so many times! Baked ziti is yummy, so get your facts straight! It is too easy to make though, you’ll have to come up with something a little more impressive! 

Anyone else spend an embarrassingly long amount of their life thinking it was "begzeeti"? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 7:17 PM, risotto said:

I love to cook. I can't give a one-dish answer as I'd try to understand the particular Mistress's preferences before getting started.  Because I've only been messing with sous vide for a few months, my first thought would be 72 hr sous vide short ribs, based on a David Chang recipe. These guys go into the recirculator in a sort-of-complicated Asian marinade with some substantial sweetness, but a good bit of acid to balance it. (I use okinomi-yaki sauce for the sweetness, because I always have that in my fridge.)  They are finished, off the bone (easy after 3 days) on super high heat to sear and glaze.  Another impressive one is poussin in Calvados cream sauce, Norman style - looks great because everyone gets their own little bird.   Pork tenderloin Norman style is also excellent.  I like to cook duck when I want to impress people because lots of people never touch duck for home cooking.  Some of my favorites are 911 duck (so good it sent a friend to hospital!), duck breast with white pepper and plums and Venetian duck ragu with fresh papardelle.  For Mistress Fang, well, I always just wing tomato sauces, though in practice I usually just buy them from Rafetto's on W. Houston, because theirs is as good as mine.

Yum!! Do you make a good risotto as well, true to your name?

4 hours ago, risotto said:

Well, truffled risotto is easy.  Just need to add truffle oil. And mushroom risotto is certainly good too.  There's a stall at the Union Square greenmarket that sells gorgeous mushrooms.  Their golden oyster mushrooms are almost too pretty to eat.

Sigh.  The more I read this thread, the more inadequate I feel.  This is like, "Sophia Katz mocking your junk" levels of feeling inadequate!

I LOVE cooking for my partner(s).  So intimate and sexy.  And in that context I think it's all about food that makes you feel good, fresh, light.  Lots of heat, I mean spicy heat that hurts, clears my mind and leaves me feeling ready for what comes next (or reminds me a little of what came before, hah!).  A few thoughts:

• Chicken soup (with ginger, lemongrass and turmeric)  laced with chilis, some zucchini from the greenmarket and a little rice, maybe a salad of fresh herbs swirled in at the end.   
  • A salad with some crunchy lettuces, could even use a more bitter radicchio varietal, (or peppery watercress) lots of nuts and seeds, some cucumbers or cooked beets, great handfuls of mixed soft herbs and a whole serrano pepper seeds and ribs included minced and tossed in with some kind of light vinaigrette.  
  • This is a little wild but I'll go there anyway. . . Conch stew, caribbean flavours (thyme, ginger, allspice, scaliions, garlic) with beef tendon or trotters sliced in, can have clams or mussels, and best with as much scotch bonnet pepper (very flavorful and quite hot) as you can handle.  Maybe a light salad and some warmed crusty bread on the side.

Plenty more where that came from. . . and Mistress Rey, my offer stands.