Safe Word

Mistress Tran

I have a friend who started working for Solbeso, a cacao-based spirit. Needless to say, as soon as she starts talking about her job I can't but help think about this skit.

As an aside, I loved Carrie Brownstein in 'Transparent'. Though, I pretty much loved everything about that show, so that's hardly surprising :D

Safe words are great in a scene that is more strict and immersive, but I find many of my sessions are casual enough so that communication stays consistently open.

Also, I like the idea of playing games with safe word usage. Like limiting a sub to a certain number of times he's allowed to use it. Or changing it up periodically during one session so that he forgets the right one (in the midst of being overstimulated). Or having it be a rather complex and/or humiliating phrase that needs to be bellowed loudly. Or having a "safe noise" like a chicken's cluck. :D

My favorite (not really) is the preemptive use of a safe word. Which earns the sub zero chances to get to use it ever.

Safe words are great in a scene that is more strict and immersive, but I find many of my sessions are casual enough so that communication stays consistently open.

Also, I like the idea of playing games with safe word usage. Like limiting a sub to a certain number of times he's allowed to use it. Or changing it up periodically during one session so that he forgets the right one (in the midst of being overstimulated). Or having it be a rather complex and/or humiliating phrase that needs to be bellowed loudly. Or having a "safe noise" like a chicken's cluck. :D

My favorite (not really) is the preemptive use of a safe word. Which earns the sub zero chances to get to use it ever.

I really, really like the way you put this :]

I've had a few chats with friends who don't play and one of the first things they mention is a safe word (because it's practically a BDSM trope). Then, when they hear that I typically don't use one when I play, they freak out a little bit until I explain to them how critical communication/listening is. Sometimes they get it, sometimes not.

Safe word games sound fun too. Knowing how these things have a way of coming back around, I'm almost hesitant to share my ideas here but I'm imagining a safe word/phrase that actually incites some other punishment. Is a sub overwhelmed mid-paddling? All he has to do is yell out is his safe phrase--"Zap my balls!"--and respite will be given with a side of electricity.

We're on the same page, here :D

I really, really like the way you put this :]

I've had a few chats with friends who don't play and one of the first things they mention is a safe word (because it's practically a BDSM trope). Then, when they hear that I typically don't use one when I play, they freak out a little bit until I explain to them how critical communication/listening is. Sometimes they get it, sometimes not.

Safe word games sound fun too. Knowing how these things have a way of coming back around, I'm almost hesitant to share my ideas here but I'm imagining a safe word/phrase that actually incites some other punishment. Is a sub overwhelmed mid-paddling? All he has to do is yell out is his safe phrase--"Zap my balls!"--and respite will be given with a side of electricity.

I like the idea of safe word usage having some kind of consequence, either painful, embarassing or gross. hehe

As for safe word games, how about some simple arithmetic questions where the answer is the safe word. Calculating the answers could be quite difficult depending on what is being done to you at the time.

Getting really inspired by all these safe word games! 

Mistress Tran also approaches this with her own subtle twist. She brings her sub to a space where any form of resistance is simply unthinkable. During one beating from her dressage I tried bargaining for mercy (without any real hope). By the fifteenth stroke, I had as much free will as an inanimate object. By that point, it really didn't matter that Mistress Tran hadn't put me in bondage: it REALLY hurt but no matter how much it hurt, actually doing something about it was just not a concept I could grasp.

I was rewatching some Portlandia episodes and I forget if this was posted.  I am guess it was be a revist is always entertaining.