Seduce- Don't Force

I came across this while reading today, and I thought it was well put about what makes a good domme. Wanted to share with you all. :)

The ultimate power is that of persuasion. To get the submissive or bottom to want to do for you what you command of them—that’s dominance. Any fool with a scary weapon can force another to do things against his or her will. That’s the power of the brutish, the power of fearful people and those lacking in self-confidence. The art of the domme is in using her persuasive powers to bring out a desire previously unaroused in the submissive. As one of my favorite teachers and authors, Joseph Bean, loves to say: “The number one job of the dominant is to continually seduce consent from the bottom.”

Taormino, Tristan (2012-03-01). The Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play and the Erotic Edge (p. 292). Cleis Press Start. Kindle Edition. 

I came across this while reading today, and I thought it was well put about what makes a good domme. Wanted to share with you all. :)

The ultimate power is that of persuasion. To get the submissive or bottom to want to do for you what you command of them—that’s dominance. Any fool with a scary weapon can force another to do things against his or her will. That’s the power of the brutish, the power of fearful people and those lacking in self-confidence. The art of the domme is in using her persuasive powers to bring out a desire previously unaroused in the submissive. As one of my favorite teachers and authors, Joseph Bean, loves to say: “The number one job of the dominant is to continually seduce consent from the bottom.”

Taormino, Tristan (2012-03-01). The Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play and the Erotic Edge (p. 292). Cleis Press Start. Kindle Edition. 

This is exactly right. Ideally a domme seduces the sub to want to do as she wishes.  You are especially adept at this.

Totally agree.  It would be one thing to be forced into doing something at, let's say, gun-point, but it's an entirely different thing to be coerced into one's acquiescence.  When I'm talked into giving up my permission, the domme has raided a part of my psyche, and she has co-opted a deep-seated part of me.  So hot!

Dear Ms. Rey:

Is this why your nickname is "Bean?"

Let me start by saying I doubt I have read anything authored this century. If you're talking about seduction, that started when Eve convinced Adam to eat the forbidden fruit and made him her slave in exchange for the knowledge of what to do with that thing dangling between his legs. I'm sure she told him it was the biggest one she ever saw.

If you're talking about being a professional Domme I would suggest that some submissives come to a Mistress with no agenda and an open mind while others see Mistresses to fulfill a specific need or scenario. It might trouble me to have an understanding with the Mistress or the dungeon the night before and then have the Mistress use her guile and seductive energies to change the session.

I'm commenting specifically on professional sessions.

What is the difference between seduction and brute force if not the degree and method of the force?

Anyway, I see a session as a temporary escape from the harshness of reality no matter what goes on in session and I see the seduction and brute force in "normal" relationships something from which to escape.

Please, Ms. Rey, do not take my comments as criticism of you or the author's thesis. Actually I appreciate your post as an opportunity to get my mind off some seriously troubling matters.

I hope to get back to the Fortress soon.

Dannyboy

It would only trouble you if you weren't effectively seduced.

That's the whole point, to be persuaded into consent. That makes all the difference. 

Dear Ms. Rey:

Is this why your nickname is "Bean?"

Let me start by saying I doubt I have read anything authored this century. If you're talking about seduction, that started when Eve convinced Adam to eat the forbidden fruit and made him her slave in exchange for the knowledge of what to do with that thing dangling between his legs. I'm sure she told him it was the biggest one she ever saw.

If you're talking about being a professional Domme I would suggest that some submissives come to a Mistress with no agenda and an open mind while others see Mistresses to fulfill a specific need or scenario. It might trouble me to have an understanding with the Mistress or the dungeon the night before and then have the Mistress use her guile and seductive energies to change the session.

I'm commenting specifically on professional sessions.

What is the difference between seduction and brute force if not the degree and method of the force?

Anyway, I see a session as a temporary escape from the harshness of reality no matter what goes on in session and I see the seduction and brute force in "normal" relationships something from which to escape.

Please, Ms. Rey, do not take my comments as criticism of you or the author's thesis. Actually I appreciate your post as an opportunity to get my mind off some seriously troubling matters.

I hope to get back to the Fortress soon.

Dannyboy

• 1 month later...