Stepping up to the plate.

Greetings and sun salutations all...

After years of being a casual observer i'm finally taking the plunge. I'm counting down the days to my first session (with Mistress Chan). Does anybody care to relate their experience leading up to the first time? Anticipation? ..

Apprehension?... Euphoria?...Fear?...All of the above?

Thanks much.

Raymond (woffyboy)

For me, the anticipation was indeed nerve wracking. I was nearly overcome by concern that I would not do it 'right' when the time came. Would I know what would please Mistress? I was entirely uncertain of what to expect and what would be expected. I had an idea of my own of what would be 'proper'. As is so often the case with such extrapolation, my own take on it was pretty far from the actuality of the encounter. What I thought was expected of me was not the case at all. (Well, some of it was true, but largely, I was way offbase.) Now, in addition to the worry, the expectation of pleasing Mistress did also bring a good deal of gleeful euphoria that I latched onto in my nervous expectation.

My best advice is to realize that in this thing, there is no 'right' or 'proper' way to approach it. What is proper will be determined once you have weathered the wait. Don't beat yourself up over it. That will be Mistress' job, later. :twisted: Seriously, though, from what I've gathered here on the forum, Mistress Chan can be quite welcoming and forgiving for your first Fortress experience.

Firstly, congratulations! It took me a while to go from being interested in playing to actually getting up the courage to go to a munch. Below is a summary of my first experience, FWIW.

My first session was years ago back in Texas. I went out to a munch and got picked up and invited to a private play party. Down in Texas, rather than clubs, play parties in private houses are more common with typically 15-25 people attending.

I knew that I was interested in BDSM, but was completely new to the scene and while I thought the idea of being played sounded fun in the abstract, I really wasn't sure why anyone would want to have their ass paddled :-)

After we'd had our first drink and I'd nervously watched some of the other people starting to play, I was invited to lean over a table, and I felt incredibly self conscious as my pants were pulled down and my dom started to gently flog my bare ass - in full view of a bunch of complete strangers.

However, at some point, I just completely tuned into the session and everything else seemed very far away. As the flogging built up a pleasant warmth in my ass, and as the pleasure started to play on the edge of pain, I just felt this amazing feeling of being in the moment, experiencing the play and totally trusting my dom for the night.

Even though the physical stimulus wasn't that intense, that is still one of the top few sessions as a sub I've ever experienced. I was so far out of my comfort zone mentally and had to trust so much that it was just an awesome experience. After the session, we just hugged and chilled for maybe 45 minutes before I started to be able to string meaningful sentences together again. It was quite a trip :-)

As for your session, firstly, great choice with Ms. Chan. Got to play with Minnie recently and she wasn't too bad (actually, she was awesome, but don't let her know I said that - can't have her getting too confident :-) ).

Secondly, I'd recommend you just keep busy with your life. Don't sweat it. You're gonna blow an hour or two and a little money and afterwards you'll know a little more than before - about BDSM and about yourself. That's a win, whatever the experience is like. Don't have huge expectations, remember that fantasies and reality are different things, and just let the session flow and enjoy. I'm pretty sure you'll be back for more, but why not post what it was like after the session, so we can all share the fun?

Hi wormwood, slaphappypuppy, and bacchusNYC.

Thanks for responding and for your advice.

You're right about everything you guys said. I found myself thinking far too much about the whole thing. I was constantly reading Ms Chan's interactions on the Forum, trying to figure her out so i would be better prepared. It was as if i was preparing for a competition. Then Ms Kang informed me that Ms Chan was on a sabbatical and didn't know when she would be back. PULVERIZED!!! Should i wait? No... if i wait i,ll probably chicken out.

Ms Kang gave me some suggestions and i rescheduled with Mistress Zhao, coming up very soon. There's very little on the Forum with Ms Zhao so i,m going in blind so to speak. Maybe it's better that way.

I'll get back to you after my session, after the holidays.

By the way bacchusNYC what is a "munch"?

Ray

woffy,

I hope you have fun with MIstress Zhao. Let us know how it went. Btw. a much is an informal gathering of scene or lifestyle people. It can be for a lunch, dinner or drinks or at someone's home or anyplace to talk and get to know other like minded folks in the bdsm scene.

whip

By the way bacchusNYC what is a "munch"?

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no! :o I step away from the forum for a couple weeks and I return to find that Mistress Chan is currently away? Her active and energetic participation here on the guest forum was one of the major motivations for me to dive in with the Fortress. Her words are an inspiration to budding subbies. I dread not seeing more of them.

Here's hoping for her speedy return...

Mistress Chan has retired and is no longer available for session! She's moved on to pursue other ventures...we miss her too and have wished her the best of luck! ;-)

A few of us are planning on going to the Rubber Ball this Sunday the 18th (http://www.nyrubberball.com/index.php). Anyone here going? Their all rubber/pvc/neoprene (and 'tolerance for spandex' lol) makes dressing up fun and easy for us! ;-)

Oh!, woffyboy, I really enjoyed your review of your first session with Mistress Zhao! ;-)

• 3 years later...