Mistress Tran in Vietnam

Hello boys!

I am going back to the homeland for a few weeks. Im really excited but need a little help with my phone situation. Anyone has info on using an Iphone there? I do not want to waste money on international packages from AT&T as I know its cheaper to buy a SIM card there.

Also, any general advice from those who have been there is very much welcomed.

I will be taking pictures, video, and hopefully finding some cool old Vietnamese torture device to bring back and use on you boys. I want to bring back snake wine but I am not sure its possible- have any of you tried it?

MTran

I had some AMAZING snake wine in China- actually it was snake in "Baijiu" which is grain alcohol. They literally had an entire snake inside the bottle of hard alcohol.

I've been lucky enough to try many different hard liquors in my day, but this was the best by far. They claimed it did something for your mojo. It was so warm going down it was ridiculous. And potent!

Unfortunately, we were warned that customs didn't let you bring a bottle back to the US. A year later, they closed the restaurant (Which was called Snake House) because some of the snake dishes they sold there were endangered species.

If vietnamese snake wine is anything like it, it's worth trying to bring back.

Most countries in Asia offer cheap prepaid gsm accounts for unlocked iPhones. Japan being the only exception, but that's another story.

I found this link which is a few years old but seems like it should still be accurate.

http://ask.metafilter.com/142027/Best-carrier-for-traveler-with-unlocked-iPhone-in-Vietnam

Depending on how you will be staying you if you have access to an WiFi or if you expect only an ethernet cable then it might be worth bringing an Airport Express access point with the correct power connector(s) from one or more World Traveler Adapter kit ( also works with the phone charger if you don't have access to an laptop, or works with the apple laptop of your choice)

Vietnam seems to use an mix of US, European and now English/Singapore connectors but I'm sure you already knew that.

Enjoy your visit to the front of the earth.

HD. m(_ _)m

(null)

Reporting from Vietnam:

Waiting to go see the water puppet show in hanoi. I've had lots of great food and luckily haven't got sick yet. I have however been sweating like crazy! This is one hot hot country made even hotter by one hot Mistress!

Pics to come!

*limited Internet access so wait patiently my little subs

Based on my experience with Singapore and Thailand I'm guessing that 1) rains at the same time each day. 2) every day have rain forecasted. 3) average temp is 34c or 93.2f all year around.

But yes girls from Vietnam are much cuter and that's my claim ( unless water boarded by Asian mistress of other ethnicity of course ). \(^o^)/

Enjoy your trip, the journey is the reward. (^-^)/

HD.

(null)