Game of Thrones, anyone?

Out of curiosity, how many of you little subbies are geeks? In particular, geeks who watch the show Game of Thrones on HBO. I'm obsessed with the show! I highly suggest all of you kinsters here to check it out, in particular season 2 episode 4 :smile: I was quite surprised by it, even shocked. I'd love to know what everyone else's reaction to it is!

Hey, glad to have you back on the forum! Not that I've been on long, but I gather you last posted about a year ago.

By specific intent I don't get cable, but I have started watching it on Netflix. I was worried because I like the books and was afraid they would mess them up. But they've done an outstanding job. I haven't reached season 2 yet, but I know from the books the most shocking thing was what happened to Arya. That little actress is a beautiful bit of casting which will make her storyline that much more heartbreaking. Martin (the author) has no scruples about creating characters you fall in love with, then doing the most wretched things to them. So I don't know what that episode was you are referring to, but I'll find out.

Hmmm....may be seeing you soon. ;-)

I just noticed the subtitle of this thread is Sadism on Television. Umm, you're too young to remember it, but I think the original version was Lawrence Welk.

(was gonna say Gilligan's Island - funnier - but everybody LOVES that show, even if it looks stupid now.)

it's the best show on tv by far. The prostitute beating scene may have disturbed me for life though. Man, how it must feel to be the king and have everyone do as you please. Mistresses have no idea what im talking about obviously haha.

Original version of what? :-) I think that the show does quite well staying true to the books in season 1, it is too early in season 2 to really tell, but sadly it will probably start deviating from the novels. They did that with Dexter. Funny how most of my favourite shows start as book series! I certainly hope I see you soon, spankbri. I can show you what happens in that episode :twisted:

I just noticed the subtitle of this thread is Sadism on Television. Umm, you're too young to remember it, but I think the original version was Lawrence Welk.

(was gonna say Gilligan's Island - funnier - but everybody LOVES that show, even if it looks stupid now.)

joh, I have to agree that that was one of the most hardcore scenes I've seen on television - reading the blogs, it looks like a lot of people thought they went over the top with it to show how poorly suited Joffrey Baratheon is for the throne. Even I flinched a little bit, but that could be my overactive imagination of what he could have made the head prostitute do to the little bumpkin. A mind is a terrible thing...

That show is insane! I know exactly which scene ur referring to. Besides that one part, the show has so many strong female characters taking charge. The red lady is like a mistress controlling the powerful stanus baratheon. So seductive. Haven't read the books so I'm waiting to see if danaerys is gonna kick everyone's ass!

Original version of what?

Lawrence Welk is the original version of TV Sado-masochism....

BTW, if you have been dealing with the books, you may remember the long wait as GRR Martin composed Dance with Dragons. Readers of his blog grew incensed every time he posted about a vacation rather than progress on the book. If you haven't seen this response by a fellow writer defending him, it's a classic:

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/entitlement-issues.html

nyclatex - There are indeed many strong female leads in the show - which is why I thought more people on here would be watching it! How does that saying go? Behind every great man is an even greater woman? Something to that extent, at least :-)

Mistress Chen, *all* Lannisters? Spare the Imp from your wrath - I think he got the s**t end of the stick already, don't you?

nyclatex - There are indeed many strong female leads in the show - which is why I thought more people on here would be watching it! How does that saying go? Behind every great man is an even greater woman? Something to that extent, at least :-)

Mistress Chen, *all* Lannisters? Spare the Imp from your wrath - I think he got the s**t end of the stick already, don't you?

Mistress Choi,

I have yet to see this series, but You have definitely peaked my curiosity. I will now have to pick up season one on DVD.

"I certainly hope I see you soon, spankbri. I can show you what happens in that episode :twisted:"

You realize you have me at a terrible disadvantage here (nothing new, huh?) since the second season is not out on netflix.

Do I get to keep all my appendages? Do my intestines maintain their integrity? Are dental instruments used?!!

I hope you appreciate how much I must love you to still come in for this....

I'm a fan of the books and I also love the show. I honestly think that the show does an amazing job with being respectful towards the source material while still having an identity of its own. There are many scenes, including Joffrey's sadistic threesome that aren't present in the books, but still feel like a good addition. The casting is phenomenal and the music is absolutely intoxicating, I can gush about this series all day, yeah I am such a nerd! :P Btw I would definitely love to do a double session with Cersei and Melisandre. mmm droool

you will just have to come in and find out! The countdown is on and...

Session is coming.

"I certainly hope I see you soon, spankbri. I can show you what happens in that episode :twisted:"

You realize you have me at a terrible disadvantage here (nothing new, huh?) since the second season is not out on netflix.

Do I get to keep all my appendages? Do my intestines maintain their integrity? Are dental instruments used?!!

I hope you appreciate how much I must love you to still come in for this....

That's a hard question to answer - his intellect and, to an extent, compassion is kind of staggering and I'd love to break that to my will. It would be a lovely challenge ^.^ But at the same time, I kind of want to know if his pimp hand is as strong as they portray it! It's just so small!

Which bring me to the question... If you met the imp, would you prefer to domne or sub?

I mean he's clearly the intellectual of the lannisters but also a deviant. Would it be fun for you to be sub to duh a small but "powerful" man?

Sad Oak! you would be destroyed! Possibly from sheer incompetence on Cersei's part, but the Red Lady is bad ass.

I'm a fan of the books and I also love the show. I honestly think that the show does an amazing job with being respectful towards the source material while still having an identity of its own. There are many scenes, including Joffrey's sadistic threesome that aren't present in the books, but still feel like a good addition. The casting is phenomenal and the music is absolutely intoxicating, I can gush about this series all day, yeah I am such a nerd! :P Btw I would definitely love to do a double session with Cersei and Melisandre. mmm droool

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah!! I'm a Games fan too!!

Not at all surprised that the coolest, most amazing ladies on Earth, the beauties of the Fortress, are into the show too...........

First discovered the show before the start of this second season...watched an HBO "Making of Thrones..." special & first saw Emilia Clarke (Dani Stormborn Targaryen). WOW!!!!! I was immediately hooked!!

In true "geek" fashion, as M. Choi, puts it...I stayed up into the wee hours of the night reading the synopses of all the first season's episodes, before catching up thru Netflix!! Looking forward to tonight's finale!!!

Down with the Lannisters!!!!

Long live the FORTRESS!!!! :smile:

Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!