bdsm vs abuse poster

Stinger

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing this.

I agree that BDSM is NOT abuse. BDSM is something that is done between people who are consenting to the activities. One of the most important things in BDSM is communication. Hence why people have safe words or systems set up to let their partner(s) know how far is too far.

I think BDSM is actually the total opposite of abuse. It is something pretty intimate you can do, even with someone who is not your intimate partner. I feel this way because you need to develop a bond of trust between yourself and the person you are playing with.

The only fetishes which I do not really approve of in the BDSM community are fetishes including animals or children, or in general anyone who is not able to consent. I am also not a big fan of the whole "findom" fetish. I don't consider it a real fetish, just people trying to financially exploit other people. It does not belong in the community.

I really love that chart!

Communication! Communication! Communication!

I agree with MSunya that there are certain fetishes that I don't agree with due to the fact the other party can't consent too. Unless we are talking about your fetish for anime blow up dolls and pillows- that's ok!

We all know Anime Blow up dolls and body pillows are asking for it!