Mistress and Food

MisterWinerack

OK, so maybe a bad topic to compare Mistresses to wine. How about Mistress to food - prepared dish? I made a fra diavolo sauce this evening with shrimp, clams and snow crab (with a wonderful Super Tuscan) and couldn't help to wonder whose personality this fit best. Lets hear it and why.

MW

How about that deeeelicious Cheeze Whiz or Spam on Shop-Rite saltines, ummmmm gooood, guess who dat is? :D

OK, so maybe a bad topic to compare Mistresses to wine. How about Mistress to food - prepared dish? I made a fra diavolo sauce this evening with shrimp, clams and snow crab (with a wonderful Super Tuscan) and couldn't help to wonder whose personality this fit best. Lets hear it and why.

MW

I think that dish you made would fit Vu because it's considered a "luxurious" and "glamorous" entree yet it's made of things that are "down to earth".

Zhao would be a slow-cooked casserole dish of macaroni and cheese with crust on top because she's cultured yet simple with a hard exterior but a softy inside and everyone loves mac-n-cheese "done right" ;-)

Ahn would be Bi Bim Bop because the name deserves a giggle after you say it and the ingredients are not so great if eaten alone (unseasoned mushrooms, spinach, eggs and ground beef), but mixed together with that "spicy" (haha) sauce makes a hearty meal with little bits of everything in it!

Choi is 6 course meal made with oysters, all oysters...she is THE aphrodisiac.

Ree is hot dogs, no matter how you dress it up, it's still hot dogs. There's no outshining Ree's original beauty no matter what you try to mask it with. She's super down to earth and fun to eat and EVERYONE loves hot dogs coz they're so bad for you LOL

Jung, hmm...she's high end bluefin tuna sashimi sliced just right with lean lines of delicious fat (matches her physique) that melts in your mouth. Skip the soy sauce, she doesn't need fluff.

MW

Everytime I've gotten snow crabs they were frozen. Is that standard? Or maybe I'm buying them at the wrong places.

I prefer cooking them live. Blue crabs and dungeness crabs. They are feisty!

In my opinion, cooking the live ones tastes far superior. I've never seen live snow crabs, if you have, I would love to know where you bought them!

MW

I think that dish you made would fit Vu because it's considered a "luxurious" and "glamorous" entree yet it's made of things that are "down to earth".

Zhao would be a slow-cooked casserole dish of macaroni and cheese with crust on top because she's cultured yet simple with a hard exterior but a softy inside and everyone loves mac-n-cheese "done right" ;-)

Ahn would be Bi Bim Bop because the name deserves a giggle after you say it and the ingredients are not so great if eaten alone (unseasoned mushrooms, spinach, eggs and ground beef), but mixed together with that "spicy" (haha) sauce makes a hearty meal with little bits of everything in it!

Ree is hot dogs, no matter how you dress it up, it's still hot dogs. There's no outshining Ree's original beauty no matter what you try to mask it with. She's super down to earth and fun to eat and EVERYONE loves hot dogs coz they're so bad for you LOL

Jung, hmm...she's high end bluefin tuna sashimi sliced just right with lean lines of delicious fat (matches her physique) that melts in your mouth. Skip the soy sauce, she doesn't need fluff.

Hilarious. I'd alter the mac n' cheese simplicity with some cayenne pepper. Like simplicity with a kick.

Mistress Kang is an apple pie with a cheddar cheese crust and a huge dollop of whiskey sour whipped cream topping. She, like the mac n' cheese, has a firm exterior which is actually harder than the casserole crust, but is crisp and savory. Her insides are sweet and tart at the same time, but gooey and filling. And that whiskey sour whipped cream is a halo of danger, like her blonde hair :D

MW

How about that deeeelicious Cheeze Whiz or Spam on Shop-Rite saltines, ummmmm gooood, guess who dat is? :D

Poor old (deceased) Andy. May he rest in piece with his ritz

MW

Wow Mistress Kang,. Those descriptions are wonderful and can only come from someone who knows them well. Thanks for sharing!

MW

Everytime I've gotten snow crabs they were frozen. Is that standard? Or maybe I'm buying them at the wrong places.

I prefer cooking them live. Blue crabs and dungeness crabs. They are feisty!

In my opinion, cooking the live ones tastes far superior. I've never seen live snow crabs, if you have, I would love to know where you bought them!

Snow crab claws are typically frozen. Just like king crab for example (my favorite). The faster they are frozen upon harvest and remain that way until cooking, the better. They pull the legs / claws off the bodies and throw them back to grow again and harvest again and again. The key is that they remain frozen and if you buy them and they are thawing, don't refreeze. Eat them then and enjoy. I agree, nothing beats live crabs (blue / dungeness / whatever). Seems like we have something else in common to go with our red wine.

MW

Hilarious. I'd alter the mac n' cheese simplicity with some cayenne pepper. Like simplicity with a kick.

Mistress Kang is an apple pie with a cheddar cheese crust and a huge dollop of whiskey sour whipped cream topping. She, like the mac n' cheese, has a firm exterior which is actually harder than the casserole crust, but is crisp and savory. Her insides are sweet and tart at the same time, but gooey and filling. And that whiskey sour whipped cream is a halo of danger, like her blonde hair :D

I need more explanation on this please - "Her insides are sweet and tart at the same time, but gooey and filling"

MisterWinerack,

I'm aware that crabs and lobsters can regrow back claws. For a defense mechanism, they will just drop their claw so they can escape. I've seen it happen while boiling blue crabs.

But I'm unsure that Alaskan King crab or snow is like that? Because everyte I've gotton frozen snow crabs, a bit of the body is attached. And I don't think it can survive after!

Stone crabs, however, I know for a fact they just remove the claws and throw them back into the water. I believe by Florida law, you must throw them back.

Hmmm... I'm thinking of making King crabs soon :)

You must be a fine chef!!!!

I've recently made snow crabs myself!

Sounds very adventerous of you. How did you make them?

I just boiled them. I'm very new making my own food. Now I really like it!!! I'm going to get a steamer soon and see how different the taste will be.

Really isn't adventerous, it was already dead. First time I mad blue crabs, one grabbed my keys, another grabbed my drain stopper and one grabbed a sponge! LOL. But if you know me, I wouldn't let them win!

The best is when they grab on each other and won't let go. Easy for me, because they'll all go in at the same time ;-)

I am thinking about ordering stone crabs from Joe's. That and king crabs will be my next escalape! Good thing these can't fight back :)

MisterWinerack,

I'm aware that crabs and lobsters can regrow back claws. For a defense mechanism, they will just drop their claw so they can escape. I've seen it happen while boiling blue crabs.

But I'm unsure that Alaskan King crab or snow is like that? Because everyte I've gotton frozen snow crabs, a bit of the body is attached. And I don't think it can survive after!

Stone crabs, however, I know for a fact they just remove the claws and throw them back into the water. I believe by Florida law, you must throw them back.

Hmmm... I'm thinking of making King crabs soon :)

Dear Mistress Vu, you're right on all counts. Alaskan King crab, they literally pull almost all the legs off and toss the just the body back. I'd be happy to compare recipes for King Crab leg with you, or even cook it for you with the proper wine of course.

MW

You must be a fine chef!!!!

I've recently made snow crabs myself!

Sounds very adventerous of you. How did you make them?

I just boiled them. I'm very new making my own food. Now I really like it!!! I'm going to get a steamer soon and see how different the taste will be.

Really isn't adventerous, it was already dead. First time I mad blue crabs, one grabbed my keys, another grabbed my drain stopper and one grabbed a sponge! LOL. But if you know me, I wouldn't let them win!

The best is when they grab on each other and won't let go. Easy for me, because they'll all go in at the same time ;-)

I am thinking about ordering stone crabs from Joe's. That and king crabs will be my next escalape! Good thing these can't fight back :)

Mistress Vu, Ah to boil or to steam. Its all about time and what to put in the water. Even with steaming, you can steam to long, boiling and steaming can make them rubbery. Al the very least, lemon and butter in the water helps to keep them tender and sweet. I think I answered you other questions above. Let me know if you have other questions.

MW

MW

MMMM I love bi bim bap!!

However I'd've prefered to be spicy ramen (not top ramen, but like Ippudo<3 ramen)! It can be dressed up so many different ways and when your slurp it, you've got to be careful not to get hot liquid all over your face! HA!!! :twisted:

I need more explanation on this please - "Her insides are sweet and tart at the same time, but gooey and filling"

I didn't mean her actual internal organs, but rather her personality, of course. She is sweet and tart, which I find to be rather self explanatory. Gooey and filling is more like the feeling it would give a person once they got to know her more. I don't really know if M.Kang is gooey or filling, and I'll leave that up to chance rather than exploration to find out. ;)

I didn't mean her actual internal organs, but rather her personality, of course. She is sweet and tart, which I find to be rather self explanatory. Gooey and filling is more like the feeling it would give a person once they got to know her more. I don't really know if M.Kang is gooey or filling, and I'll leave that up to chance rather than exploration to find out. ;)

Mistress Zhao, I hoping you didn't mean her interanl organs - don't want to picture that. You don't see Gooey and filling being used to often. It was very descriptive and thanks for the further clarification. Perhaps someone who has first hand knowledge can let us know if Mistress Kang is just that.

MW

If my food is hot dogs, my wine might as well be Mad Dog! :lol:

Along the junk food lines... I think i would compare Jung with a perfect chocolate chip cookie. She's hot, like a cookie fresh from the oven, with a crisp wit and humor but break her open (lol) and she's soft and gooey with nuggets of rich melting chocolate. And not to mention sweet! Mmmm!

If my food is hot dogs, my wine might as well be Mad Dog! :lol:

Along the junk food lines... I think i would compare Jung with a perfect chocolate chip cookie. She's hot, like a cookie fresh from the oven, with a crisp wit and humor but break her open (lol) and she's soft and gooey with nuggets of rich melting chocolate. And not to mention sweet! Mmmm!

LOL ok so if everyone were to be a junk food then Choi is definitely "Hard Candy" (lol) and Vu is a marshmallow lol Zhao is pickels. I'm drawing a blank on Ahn and Jung...lol