DnD: Domination and Dragons

I always wondered why boys don't request cosplay more often. If there was any reason to bring out a person's inner geek, this would definitely be it. ;)

Maybe it comes down to the preferred atmosphere of a session? For example, I've got my geeky side for sure but I tend to prefer a session with a more severe or sensual air to it :)

How would you describe your geeky side?

Well, I'm definitely not a unique geek: my childhood was all fantasy and SciFi and anime and D&D. But the way it manifests itself most now is an appreciation of the detailed and fastidious. I myself am not so detailed (nor fastidious) but I love seeing the care and work out into things such that they're treated more like ritual than route. Specifically on the geeky side, that might mean fawning over hand drawn anime or the language of a book. It also means that, if left to my own speaking devices, I can be one insufferably boring cunt.

Well, I'm definitely not a unique geek: my childhood was all fantasy and SciFi and anime and D&D. But the way it manifests itself most now is an appreciation of the detailed and fastidious. I myself am not so detailed (nor fastidious) but I love seeing the care and work out into things such that they're treated more like ritual than route. Specifically on the geeky side, that might mean fawning over hand drawn anime or the language of a book. It also means that, if left to my own speaking devices, I can be one insufferably boring cunt.

Okay, but there isnt anything in particular that you like now? 

Okay, but there isnt anything in particular that you like now? 

Oh plenty of stuff! I don't have as much free time, but I still geek out over good scifi or fantasy, still sift through new anime coming out each season to see if any of it looks good, and am still trying to get people together for a D&D game.

I'm definitely a TV geek these days too, running off to Onion AV Club or What's Alan Watching after a show airs to start analyzing it (gonna be sad when Mad Men ends this year). And a bit of a food/drink geek as well, with an embarrassing love for things like obscure cocktails. Not sure if these really count as geeky though :)