Favorite rooms

Bigred87

These last few days I've been walking around spaces haunted by memories. I haven't been here in a while, and yet now that I'm back, it doesn't feel like as much time has passed as I thought. Spaces can retain memories in intense and surprising ways. Wounds that I thought had closed feel fresh in these moments. The pain can be even worse, when I thought I had moved on.

I go to the Fortress with some regularity. I wonder what it would be like if I were away for a while, or for some reason couldn't go for a long time. To return to those three very familiar rooms, each with their memories, their pains, their charms. What would it feel like to walk back in after a long time away? Would the familiarity be disorienting, or be like returning home? What would it be like to see a Mistress there after a long time away—or to see a new Mistress there after a long time away? Would I have a preference between rooms? The same room where I sessioned last, or the room with the most intimate-feeling memories, or perhaps the least?

Pleasure can be bittersweet; pain can be a relief. Surely the cruelest Mistress is time.