Breaking Down After Session

machina2k1

Hey there,

I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience to this. I just got done with a session with Mistress Shankar (I'll be sure to write all about it in a longer post concerning all my sessions) that went wonderfully. After saying our goodbyes, which admittedly saddens me as I don't know the next time I'll be stateside, I left and almost immediately broke down crying. It wasn't really from anything in particular, I think the session just brought out a lot of emotional baggage that I've been carrying for too long. It was another hour until I was okay (I'm sure I must've been a terror to look at!).I guess I'm just asking if anyone else has experienced that, just completely breaking down after a session about things that had nothing to do with the session. Thoughts? 

Thank you for reading!

Hi machina2k1...Every ones emotions vary considerably...as for me I am extremely enthused and most honored to be in the presence of a BREATHTAKING BEAUTIFUL FEMALE as a BDSM playmate...but as the session ends and I return to everyday scenarios there is a sense personal deprivation which can only be alleviated somewhat by interacting on the FETISH FORTRESS website and eventually rescheduling another session...as the MISTRESSES THERE ARE TORTUROUS PERFECTION personified...of most SENSUALLY DESIRED FEMALE PHYSICALITY...who will most assuredly elevate your emotional state of well being...of course it goes without saying...anyone leaving the most SENSUALLY ALLURING MISTRESS JUSTINE SHANKAR...is bound to shed a few tears...Lonewolf

I think that is common because BDSM is a very emotional experience. Sub-drop usually takes place up to three days after session. There are feelings of sadness, anger, resentment and fear. It comes from the sense of letting go what you hold inside. My latest session with Mistress Zito dealt with some very personal issues. The next day I had a lot of flashbacks. The next week I felt so much better for sharing this part of myself with someone.

I agree wholeheartedly with the assessment that sessions tend to open up ones emotions to release or sudden release. I don't recall post session breakdown in my own case. I do recall in a 2014 session with Ms. Zhao talking about the accident which left me seriously injured a few months before. Suddenly I broke down uncontrollably. I finally tapped into the fear of death that I suppressed for those months. I was very stoic during the incident and in the hospital. I knew intellectually that I might have punctured a lung and could have bled out before the para-medics came. I had visions of the Angel of Death in the form of a Mistress I knew. Then i realized that I wasn't breathing and struggled to survive. I suppressed the terror I felt until it was suddenly released in the Tatami room that day.

Dannyboy

Hi M,

I'm so glad you posted to share your experience and ask for advice. I'm sure subs will have some helpful insight into this, as some have already shared here; there are also a few threads in recent memory on subdrop that contain some great information. As I think you know, (good) BDSM is a very intense energy exchange, and both submission and domination are in their own ways incredibly vulnerable. It's very understandable, then, that the experience brings up some deep emotions that can take a while to process. I think physical release, like crying, can be really beautiful and important in doing so. I also think it can be a positive product of allowing yourself to go to painful places in your mind and heart that you normally close off, or hold at a distance. As a domme, it's an honor to be able to take you there, and I wish you the best in working through what's come up for you -- which I'm sure you'll be able to do. Thank you for a wonderful session, and enjoy your time with Mistresses Von Dietz, Katz, and Zito; they're a powerful trio, and you're in for quite the experience!

• 6 months later...
On 8/29/2017 at 11:25 PM, Mistress Justine Shankar said:

Hi M,

I'm so glad you posted to share your experience and ask for advice. I'm sure subs will have some helpful insight into this, as some have already shared here; there are also a few threads in recent memory on subdrop that contain some great information. As I think you know, (good) BDSM is a very intense energy exchange, and both submission and domination are in their own ways incredibly vulnerable. It's very understandable, then, that the experience brings up some deep emotions that can take a while to process. I think physical release, like crying, can be really beautiful and important in doing so. I also think it can be a positive product of allowing yourself to go to painful places in your mind and heart that you normally close off, or hold at a distance. As a domme, it's an honor to be able to take you there, and I wish you the best in working through what's come up for you -- which I'm sure you'll be able to do. Thank you for a wonderful session, and enjoy your time with Mistresses Von Dietz, Katz, and Zito; they're a powerful trio, and you're in for quite the experience!

Dear Mistress Justine Shankar,

Reading your beautifully compassionate words take me back to a severely limits-stretching session.

I was told not to move, and not to cry out, or everything would double. After each limit breaking corporal, I was held, touched, whispered to, encouraged. I wept. Corporal started again. Then a whisper "did you hear those beautiful sounds? Listen more carefully. And, "Remember, be silent." I endured and endured in obedient hyperventilating silence. After multiple peaks, when it was over, I was comforted, whispered to, held again, for a long time.  My body was quivering head to toe. Then a beautiful whisper "Now thank Me." I fell to the floor in mind-boggling thankful rapture to kiss and adore Her feet. In my delirium of touching Her beautiful feet, I orgasmed. Your kindness and wisdom took me back.

On 8/29/2017 at 12:59 AM, machina2k1 said:

Hey there,

I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience to this. I just got done with a session with Mistress Shankar (I'll be sure to write all about it in a longer post concerning all my sessions) that went wonderfully. After saying our goodbyes, which admittedly saddens me as I don't know the next time I'll be stateside, I left and almost immediately broke down crying. It wasn't really from anything in particular, I think the session just brought out a lot of emotional baggage that I've been carrying for too long. It was another hour until I was okay (I'm sure I must've been a terror to look at!).I guess I'm just asking if anyone else has experienced that, just completely breaking down after a session about things that had nothing to do with the session. Thoughts? 

Thank you for reading!

Yes -Mk1- 

What you felt is fairly common as many sessions deal with past traumas-!

You were dealing with a healthy catharsis & what makes sessions so ---" healing "

A

Machina,

I believe there is another post on the forum discussing sub-drop where many others shared their experience with this feeling. You definitely are not alone in this experience, and I find it very healthy to allow yourself to experience all of the emotions that a particular session may bring on. Thank you for sharing, I know others can identify with this feeling of vulnerability.