Gamer Girls (Video Games)

ABDamienNY

It is amazing how many people think they are high level Smash players. I have played in Smash tournies around the country in Smash 4 and Melee but I still get smoked at locals now-a-days with how good everyone has gotten.

Do any of you follow competitive Smash? It is my preferred esport.

Indeed the skill level has increased significantly. I still play all four smash games, my favorite being Melee due to its speed, second is Smash 4 (Project M was amazing as well). I once reigned supreme among my friends. Ive played in local tournies but my friends have surpassed me. As they fine tuned their skills and practiced daily I kind of fell off and stopped playing as much as them. I still win a few matches at locals but I can admit I have been dusted more often than I'd like with the current skill of players. Never stocked though, I at least take a life. I don't follow it as closely as I used to.

I grew up with a C64 system, so I played games like Jumpman, Zork and Maniac Mansion.  Now I mainly use a PC and Steam to game, although the E3 trailor for Detroit: Become Human are making me seriously consider getting a playstation-- if they actually release the game (but that is another story.)  I am currently playing through the Dishonored franchise as well as a competition fighting game called Minion Masters.  I like a lot of weird indie games and frequently check out the bundles featured on humble, fanactical and indiegala.

Why did I not know about all this when we had dinner!  I had an IBM Compatible (remember when THAT was a meaningful term!) but loved Zork and especially Maniac Mansion.  I loved Maniac Mansion so much, I even loved the much less remembered Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders!

Why did I not know about all this when we had dinner!  I had an IBM Compatible (remember when THAT was a meaningful term!) but loved Zork and especially Maniac Mansion.  I loved Maniac Mansion so much, I even loved the much less remembered Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders!

LucasFilm Games really put out some gems back in the day. 

Maniac Mansion had some great Easter eggs.  My favorite one was if you recorded to "Tentacle Mating Sounds" record on to the blank cassette tape and gave it to the green tentacle he's play it in his stereo and start to freak out.  Then the screen would go black and your charactor's name would be on a tombstone in the front yard.  Presumably he fucks you to death.  haha  I never played Zak McCracken, but I remember hearing of it. 

I played a lot of Zork, especially Zork III.  I was either eaten by a grue or threatened to be eaten by a grue many times.  My mother got me into Zork.  She mapped out the dungeons as she played and showed me how to do that so I wouldn't get lost.  Later my folks also got a big Zork companion guidebook with tips and tricks.  I think it also had dungeon maps, too.

Ooh. I love the old Lucas arts adventure games. My two favorite were Monkey Island and Loom. Monkey Island is pretty well known, but I think Loom was an amazing fantasy adventure game that is severely overlooked.

I have only ever sessioned with Mistress Zito, but all this gaming talk makes me feel I really need to meet You as well, Mistress Katz.

Maniac Mansion had some great Easter eggs.  My favorite one was if you recorded to "Tentacle Mating Sounds" record on to the blank cassette tape and gave it to the green tentacle he's play it in his stereo and start to freak out.  Then the screen would go black and your charactor's name would be on a tombstone in the front yard.  Presumably he fucks you to death.  haha  I never played Zak McCracken, but I remember hearing of it. 

I played a lot of Zork, especially Zork III.  I was either eaten by a grue or threatened to be eaten by a grue many times.  My mother got me into Zork.  She mapped out the dungeons as she played and showed me how to do that so I wouldn't get lost.  Later my folks also got a big Zork companion guidebook with tips and tricks.  I think it also had dungeon maps, too.

Respectfully, Mistress, you gotta go with the DOS sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlXhEmYm2I

It's sort of awesome to see the German text though.  Wahnsinniger Schloss?

I didn't know there were tentacle mating sounds in MM!  I did know Weird Ed would murder you if you microwaved his hamster and then gave him the remains.

I didn't really get into the Zork games until they started being released in anthology collections.  I remember thinking it would be crazy to try and map the Zork mazes when that goddamned thief would pick up and move your items.  I did really enjoy the later games like Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor, though the series was on borrowed time at that point.

Ooh. I love the old Lucas arts adventure games. My two favorite were Monkey Island and Loom. Monkey Island is pretty well known, but I think Loom was an amazing fantasy adventure game that is severely overlooked.

I have only ever sessioned with Mistress Zito, but all this gaming talk makes me feel I really need to meet You as well, Mistress Katz.

Oddly I never played either, though I heard a lot about both and I had a gamer magazine from back in the day with some screenshots from Loom that just seemed gorgeous.

Mistress Zito did chime in a bit earlier.  I asked her about video games once and we didn't have a lot of games in common.  I hope she doesn't mind me revealing that at the time, she'd been playing one of those games where you oversee like a little village or something.  I wanna say Animal Crossing but that's probably wrong.  She said every time she went several days without playing, the characters would break the fourth wall to complain and the town would look run down.  I thought it was so funny that these video game characters were literally trying to guilt-trip a sadist (and I mean that as a compliment) like the wonderful Ms. Zito!

On 2/26/2018 at 11:01 AM, oyvey said:

I've heard of Monkey Island but not Loom.  It looks like Steam has brought back a lot of those old games, so maybe I will pick it up at some point.  I'd love to meet you, too.  I don't also run into many people who also appreciate video games from the late '80s early-mid '90s every day. 

I love animal crossing! Lol right now I’ve been playing the pocket camp app, but also have it on my 3DS. I have a soft spot for my little animal villagers hahah. 

I’m a fan of cutesy games, but once in a while I will play something more skilled, intense, involved. I don’t consider myself an experienced “gamer” and sometimes gaming conversations tend to veer toward proving how knowledgeable you are, and I’d rather just enjoy myself and play! 

1 hour ago, Mistress Vivienne Fang said:

I am also on level 400 of Candy Crush. Just wanna put that out there. I will now be accepting congratulatory notes

Yes Mistress!  Congratulations!  I don't play Candy Crush so I don't know what the max level is but it sounds really high.  Of course you are on the highest level of mistresses anywhere.  We should not have to be told to give you the utmost congratulations that you deserve.  But we subs are slow learners and are thankful for your instruction on proper etiquette.

1 hour ago, homefight said:

Animal Crossing was a favorite back in the day. We filled up a bunch of memory cards in our GameCube with different villages. I recently just got new leaf and really liked what they did with it! 

Lately it's been a lot of Minecraft for me 

New leaf is fun! It actually takes a a ton of play to get close to reaching all of the goals which is great if you fly through games, but frustrating at times. 

On 3/4/2018 at 2:06 PM, Mistress Alexia Zito said:

I love animal crossing! Lol right now I’ve been playing the pocket camp app, but also have it on my 3DS. I have a soft spot for my little animal villagers hahah. 

I’m a fan of cutesy games, but once in a while I will play something more skilled, intense, involved. I don’t consider myself an experienced “gamer” and sometimes gaming conversations tend to veer toward proving how knowledgeable you are, and I’d rather just enjoy myself and play! 

So true. I kind of miss my old console days (I don't think I've owned a console since college), but I don't miss those conversations. And I was never very adept at them :P I'm really excited about getting Alto's Odyssey soon, and last year I had a disastrously obsessive few days playing The Witness, but I'm super out of the loop these days. I hope one of my friends gets an oculus rift. I want to experience it, and I refuse, on principle, to go to a "VR bar." 

I've never played animal crossing at all! I'm afraid I'll get too obsessed haha

On 3/4/2018 at 2:06 PM, Mistress Alexia Zito said:

I owned Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii. It was definitely a game you could spend hours on conversing with the neighbors, collecting fossils and bugs, and paying Tom Nook (The Crook). It always made me more sad than I'd like to admit when my favorite neighbors moved to another town lol. I loved messing around with Mr Resetti as well.

On 2/25/2018 at 1:34 AM, Mistress Sophia Katz said:

I loved "Day of the Tentacle" which was the sequel to the "Maniac Mansion". However this is how I learned about the "Maniac Mansion", as the whole original MM game can be played on a computer resembling a C64 inside the "Day of the Tentacle". LOL  Still loving it!

On 3/8/2018 at 10:19 PM, gabin4u said:

I loved "Day of the Tentacle" which was the sequel to the "Maniac Mansion". However this is how I learned about the "Maniac Mansion", as the whole original MM game can be played on a computer resembling a C64 inside the "Day of the Tentacle". LOL  Still loving it!

I acquired "Day of the Tentacle" from a humble bundle, but have not played it yet.  It is on my list because I loved "Maniac Mansion" so much.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, gabin4u said:

5 hours ago, Mistress Sophia Katz said:

I acquired "Day of the Tentacle" from a humble bundle, but have not played it yet.  It is on my list because I loved "Maniac Mansion" so much.

"Day of the Tentacle" is fun.  It can't live up to the original for me, with all the nostalgia attached, but it's fun in it's own right.

On 3/4/2018 at 12:54 PM, Mistress Sophia Katz said:

I've heard of Monkey Island but not Loom.  It looks like Steam has brought back a lot of those old games, so maybe I will pick it up at some point.  I'd love to meet you, too.  I don't also run into many people who also appreciate video games from the late '80s early-mid '90s every day. 

Grim Fandango is another good one. Lucasfilm Games was great on the PC back in the 80's-90's.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:00 PM, job1617 said:

Grim Fandango is another good one. Lucasfilm Games was great on the PC back in the 80's-90's.

Grim Fandango looked creepy and neat.  It appeals to my goth sensibilities.  haha A few years ago Double Fine, a developer that I casually follow, released a remastered version of it.  I never got to play it in it's original form, but I picked up the remastered version from a steam sale and it is in my ever growing "to play" digital pile of games. 

On 3/18/2018 at 3:31 AM, Mistress Sophia Katz said:

Grim Fandango looked creepy and neat.  It appeals to my goth sensibilities.  haha A few years ago Double Fine, a developer that I casually follow, released a remastered version of it.  I never got to play it in it's original form, but I picked up the remastered version from a steam sale and it is in my ever growing "to play" digital pile of games. 

Double Fine did a good job on the remaster. I think you will really like it.  I too have a pile of "to play" games on my PS4 Pro. Time to build my own PC and get on Steam.