My Brilliant Friend ?

franknot

Is anyone else enjoying the recent miniseries "My Brilliant Friend" on HBO as much as i am?

It may not have been intended to, but it appears to be a story of a true Domme in the making.

Lila',..  the very "brilliant friend" of the title, is one of the two main protagonists and, to me, could be a Mistress Rey or Zito at a young age .. dark, strong, supremely confident, and totally without fear.

While reading the first novel in the series i got sucked into watching the miniseries, which is in Italian with sub-titles. The visual images and the casting of the young Lila' are terrific.. the casting is great throughout but you can't help but be drawn to her fierce character. 

The sub-titles are not at all distracting .. in fact they seem to make the story more compelling.

I'm not a big fan of t.v. but i find this to be exceptional.

From the web...

Pseudonymous author Elena Ferrante has written four mega-popular Neopolitan novels that explore the complicated intensity of female friendship. "My Brilliant Friend" is the first in the series, and also the first to be adapted for television. Filmed in Italian, the eight-episode drama centers on elderly author Elena Greco, who learns that the most important friend in her life, Lila Cerullo, has disappeared without a trace. It causes Elena to reflect on the early days of their friendship in dangerous but fascinating Naples, Italy, in the 1950s, when Elena and Lila are two very different girls at the top of their class. The story goes on to cover more than 60 years of their lives as Elena tries to describe the mystery of Lila.