Sub, switch or dom?

Virgil Hyde

Which side are you on?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a ...

• submissive (i.e. always looking for a dominant mistress)?
    • dominant (i.e. always looking for a sub-girl / slave)?
    • switch (looking for both)?

Hi all,

I was curious how many of you guys (and mistresses?) are into being submissive versus dominant versus switch. It seems to me that places out there mostly advertise to the submissive guy, which makes me suspect that that's what's mostly been looked for. Of course, this is also safer and easier on the mistress.

My own fantasies have always been around being with a submissive girl, tying her up, spanking her, and such. So when I for the first time actually "went for it", I naturally went for a submissive (in London, actually - they are very much into the "schoolgirl-who-needs-to-be-spanked" kink over there :lol: ). Before I went for the second time, I noticed on her web page that she did "two-ways", and thought I'd try that, too.

I was rather surprised then to find that I enjoyed being the sub just as much.

Ever since (i.e. since my second time), I've almost exclusively done switch sessions, i.e. sessions during I would be the dominant for some part of the session, and the sub for the other part. And occasionally both at the same time in the session. :unsure:

I guess I'm really a natural switch. I feel I miss something if I don't also experience the other side.

Oh yes, at Fetish Fortress, I have had various great switch sessions with Jung, Zhao and Choi, sometimes with one of them at a time, and sometimes with two of them. I have enjoyed these enormously - but maybe later more of that. For now, just a quick thank you to you, Jung, Zhao and Choi!

In my next session, I'll try a "pure sub-girl" session, i.e. I'll only be the dominant (yes, Zhao, that's what's in store for you!). But I'm not sure yet if that'll really work for me - it has to be followed by a session where Zhao is the Mistress for the entire session, I think. Well, we'll see.

OK, so now get to work with the poll, and let us know where you stand. Or bend over, or whatever.

Best,

Virgil Hyde

It seems to me that places out there mostly advertise to the submissive guy, which makes me suspect that that's what's mostly been looked for. Of course, this is also safer and easier on the mistress.

I think one of the main reasons for that is because, for a dominant, straight male it isn't that hard to find regular, attractive girls who are submissive or willing to try "kinky things" and outside of a professional environment. I think it is more difficult for regular guys to find a woman that is attractive to them and also dominant or willing to dominate them.

Because of the sexy nature of BDSM it is more uncommon to find a straight woman (not lesbian or bi) who wants to be dominated by a fellow female.

I think one of the main reasons for that is because, for a dominant, straight male it isn't that hard to find regular, attractive girls who are submissive or willing to try "kinky things" and outside of a professional environment. I think it is more difficult for regular guys to find a woman that is attractive to them and also dominant or willing to dominate them.

Hi Mistress Ree,

I've never thought about it this way, but that actually makes a lot of sense, given the traditional (?) man-woman roles.

One more thought/question though: If the clientele is dominantly (pun intended) submissive males, how comes that all the pictures are of beautiful girls/women dominating other women? Well, even though as a switch I enjoy being dominated, I never enjoyed looking at other men being dominated, so I guess I'm not unique in that?

Best,

Virgil

Because of the sexy nature of BDSM it is more uncommon to find a straight woman (not lesbian or bi) who wants to be dominated by a fellow female.

I have to agree with Mistress Ree. I've never had a shortage of attractive women who've wanted me to dominate them. Often, they were the ones who initiated it when I just thought I was in for a wholesome go-round of straight-ahead sex. I aim to please, so of course I obliged ;P

I do find it interesting and a bit mysterious that most of the women who've wanted me to dominate them have been in their early 20s. Is this a coincidence or a generational thing? Maybe that's a question for the ladies of the Fortress...

Mistress Ree is also correct that it's tough to find an attractive woman who is willing to dominate. I have convinced a number of women to try going Domme on occasion. While they were beautiful and I love them for trying, they just didn't feel comfortable in that role or simply weren't convincing.

Hi all,

I was curious how many of you guys (and mistresses?) are into being submissive versus dominant versus switch. It seems to me that places out there mostly advertise to the submissive guy, which makes me suspect that that's what's mostly been looked for. Of course, this is also safer and easier on the mistress.

My own fantasies have always been around being with a submissive girl, tying her up, spanking her, and such. So when I for the first time actually "went for it", I naturally went for a submissive (in London, actually - they are very much into the "schoolgirl-who-needs-to-be-spanked" kink over there :lol: ). Before I went for the second time, I noticed on her web page that she did "two-ways", and thought I'd try that, too.

I was rather surprised then to find that I enjoyed being the sub just as much.

Ever since (i.e. since my second time), I've almost exclusively done switch sessions, i.e. sessions during I would be the dominant for some part of the session, and the sub for the other part. And occasionally both at the same time in the session. :unsure:

I guess I'm really a natural switch. I feel I miss something if I don't also experience the other side.

Oh yes, at Fetish Fortress, I have had various great switch sessions with Jung, Zhao and Choi, sometimes with one of them at a time, and sometimes with two of them. I have enjoyed these enormously - but maybe later more of that. For now, just a quick thank you to you, Jung, Zhao and Choi!

In my next session, I'll try a "pure sub-girl" session, i.e. I'll only be the dominant (yes, Zhao, that's what's in store for you!). But I'm not sure yet if that'll really work for me - it has to be followed by a session where Zhao is the Mistress for the entire session, I think. Well, we'll see.

OK, so now get to work with the poll, and let us know where you stand. Or bend over, or whatever.

Best,

Virgil Hyde

Hi virgil hyde! Its good to see you on the forum. I've had a great time switching with you. I'm looking forward to getting back into sub space with you.

You are correct in your thinking about the photos. Even though you enjoy being dominated, you have no real interest looking at photos of other men being dominated. That's one of the reasons why we do not have them. Also, what fun is it to see "your" Mistress dominating another man?

I do find it interesting and a bit mysterious that most of the women who've wanted me to dominate them have been in their early 20s. Is this a coincidence or a generational thing? Maybe that's a question for the ladies of the Fortress...

That's interesting- are the women you are attracted to, or pursue, in their early 20's? Or are you just a young woman magnet ? :lol:

I don't see what would make it a generational thing, unless it is a case of subconscious reverse-feminism? I know many female friends who are attracted to older men, some of the reasons being 1) they are more mature, 2) they know what they are doing in the bedroom. I don't know if they like being dominated in the bedroom (and don't much care to know! lol) but maybe these young women you are speaking of enjoy submitting to older, more experienced men and then reach a turning point as they approach middle age where they become more confident, and perhaps more dominant? in the bedroom. Then they become cougars :D

Just a theory... and a weak one too! lol

[quote name='Mistress Jung' date='25 August 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1282752643' post='14586

Also, what fun is it to see "your" Mistress dominating another man?

Although Jessy says my view puts me in the (small?) Minority of clients......I would Love to see pictures of you dominating controlling and humiliating anonymous hooded subs. It would offer serious psychological reinforcement to my image of you as a Controlling Powerful Dominant Woman.

But what do I know?

That's interesting- are the women you are attracted to, or pursue, in their early 20's? Or are you just a young woman magnet ? :lol:

I don't see what would make it a generational thing, unless it is a case of subconscious reverse-feminism? I know many female friends who are attracted to older men, some of the reasons being 1) they are more mature, 2) they know what they are doing in the bedroom. I don't know if they like being dominated in the bedroom (and don't much care to know! lol) but maybe these young women you are speaking of enjoy submitting to older, more experienced men and then reach a turning point as they approach middle age where they become more confident, and perhaps more dominant? in the bedroom. Then they become cougars :D

Thanks, Mistress Ree. That's a lot to think about. I'm certainly attracted to women in their 20s, 30s and even older women in their 40s or beyond. Maybe women in their 30s and older won't have me! Seriously, I find that women of a certain age are less receptive to the notion of open or non-monogamous relationships. In that sense I may be a young woman magnet by default. But I'm also pretty sure I'm a perv magnet :lol:

The reverse-feminism theory is pretty interesting to me, because I can say that just about every one of the younger subs I've been with have been self-identified feminists. The few that weren't agreed with each of the points that would be considered feminist issues- they just didn't like the title. I've even tried to convince some of them to embrace the title, to no avail. Oh well. Maybe their submission is a release from the everyday struggles for power equity in the everyday world? Hmmm...

Thanks again for your insightful reply.

Hi all,

Stinger: Yes, having another dom beside you is a great way to get into dominating a girl. There is actually so much to learn and know, until you can do things safely and effectively (and you'll probably be nervous and impatient - at least I was in the beginning). This also makes you appreciated all the knowledge and skills that the Mistresses have.

Jung: Hi, thanks for the welcome. So you did recognize me? Or did Jesse or Emma tell on me? <_< (For the uninitiated: No, Virgil Hyde is not my real name!). And I also enjoyed our switch sessions very very much! We shall meet again sometime soon!

Best,

Virgil

Mistress Ree,

The evolution of the cougar, interesting!

I actually never consider any of your theories weak, you always seem to offer up really perceptive insights.

Thanks, Mistress Ree. That's a lot to think about. I'm certainly attracted to women in their 20s, 30s and even older women in their 40s or beyond. Maybe women in their 30s and older won't have me! Seriously, I find that women of a certain age are less receptive to the notion of open or non-monogamous relationships. In that sense I may be a young woman magnet by default. But I'm also pretty sure I'm a perv magnet :lol:

The reverse-feminism theory is pretty interesting to me, because I can say that just about every one of the younger subs I've been with have been self-identified feminists. The few that weren't agreed with each of the points that would be considered feminist issues- they just didn't like the title. I've even tried to convince some of them to embrace the title, to no avail. Oh well. Maybe their submission is a release from the everyday struggles for power equity in the everyday world? Hmmm...

Thanks again for your insightful reply.

Hmmmm indeed! You have certainly given me food for thought today, thank you!

Jung: Hi, thanks for the welcome. So you did recognize me? Or did Jesse or Emma tell on me? <_< (For the uninitiated: No, Virgil Hyde is not my real name!). And I also enjoyed our switch sessions very very much! We shall meet again sometime soon!

Of course I recognized you. I knew it was you right away from your first post :)

Guest Mistress Kang

I have to agree with Mistress Ree. I've never had a shortage of attractive women who've wanted me to dominate them. Often, they were the ones who initiated it when I just thought I was in for a wholesome go-round of straight-ahead sex. I aim to please, so of course I obliged ;P

Mistress Ree is also correct that it's tough to find an attractive woman who is willing to dominate. I have convinced a number of women to try going Domme on occasion. While they were beautiful and I love them for trying, they just didn't feel comfortable in that role or simply weren't convincing.

Maybe your 20something gfs like a more mature figure to dominate them? :) And perhaps the older ladies you date enjoy viewing you as their boy toy- Ha!

Guest Mistress Kang

You may be right on both counts, Mistress Kang. That's fine with me. Whether I'm a dom or a boy toy, I'm more than happy to oblige!

As long as you're "in there", you're in there! :)

Hi all,

Stinger: Yes, having another dom beside you is a great way to get into dominating a girl. There is actually so much to learn and know, until you can do things safely and effectively (and you'll probably be nervous and impatient - at least I was in the beginning). This also makes you appreciated all the knowledge and skills that the Mistresses have.

Best,

Virgil

I´m most interested in that, I might just be a switch.