Immaculate conception!

Mistress Ree

Hi Mistress Ree,

Thanks for sharing that fascinating article. I didn't realize that cloning was already present in nature before humans began their work on it.

When I saw your post I wasn't thinking about immaculate conception in the way the article explained. While I'm somewhat religious and a believer in

the Christian concept of a diety I never understood the need for an immaculate conception. Humans and creation are sacred and so is our sexuality and the

creativity and creation that springs from it. But the article shows that nature's kind of immaculate conceptions can be something quite beautiful and inspiring.

whip

Hi Mistress Ree,

Thanks for sharing that fascinating article. I didn't realize that cloning was already present in nature before humans began their work on it.

When I saw your post I wasn't thinking about immaculate conception in the way the article explained. While I'm somewhat religious and a believer in

the Christian concept of a diety I never understood the need for an immaculate conception. Humans and creation are sacred and so is our sexuality and the

creativity and creation that springs from it. But the article shows that nature's kind of immaculate conceptions can be something quite beautiful and inspiring.

whip

Hi whip,

You're very welcome! I've known about parthenogenesis but had not realized that more complex life forms were capable of it. It certainly presents itself for some interesting discussion, along with the interesting fact that, at least for boas, some interaction with a male is required, if not the sperm itself.