Saving Draft?

Occasionally an alert pops up on my computer informing me of a problem. Everything freezes until I press ok. Another message saying the tab has been recovered appears. While this is a minor inconvenience in most cases, it has caused me to lose things I was attempting to post on the Forum. There used to be a "save draft" feature on the previous Forum and I was wondering if there's any procedure that would work.

Guest Mistress Kang

Occasionally an alert pops up on my computer informing me of a problem. Everything freezes until I press ok. Another message saying the tab has been recovered appears. While this is a minor inconvenience in most cases, it has caused me to lose things I was attempting to post on the Forum. There used to be a "save draft" feature on the previous Forum and I was wondering if there's any procedure that would work.

Looked into it, unfortunately not available yet. Hopefully in a future revision...

Unfortunately isn't unlikely that it will be a feature of new revisions. PHP is quickly dying out due to major security flaws, and most new revisions will be addressing that rather than adding new features.

Depending on what kind of set up you have, you have a few options: The most simple is to get into the habit of copying text whenever it gets to being enough that you wouldn't want to lose it (just select the text and hold ctrl+c, and it's done).

If you have a computer with multiple hard drives, set up a RAID array so that it automatically copies everything over to the redundant drive, and have it set to do so frequently to increase your chances of having backup of whatever it is you would have lost.

Also, i noticed that you tried to start a new private conversation with me, but it says i don't have permission to view it. Just thought i'd let you know i'm not ignoring it, just can't access it

:unsure:

Unfortunately isn't unlikely that it will be a feature of new revisions. PHP is quickly dying out due to major security flaws, and most new revisions will be addressing that rather than adding new features.

Depending on what kind of set up you have, you have a few options: The most simple is to get into the habit of copying text whenever it gets to being enough that you wouldn't want to lose it (just select the text and hold ctrl+c, and it's done).

If you have a computer with multiple hard drives, set up a RAID array so that it automatically copies everything over to the redundant drive, and have it set to do so frequently to increase your chances of having backup of whatever it is you would have lost.

Also, i noticed that you tried to start a new private conversation with me, but it says i don't have permission to view it. Just thought i'd let you know i'm not ignoring it, just can't access it

:unsure:

Thanks BG, I'll look into it. I had left you a comment on your profile page. Just go there.

Ray