Advice for Timid Novice?

Switchdance

Hi all,

I was wondering if the veterans at the fortress had any tips for me, an very timid and nervous sub. I’ve been to another dungeon in the city several times but each experience was sub par in my mind. I really want to give the fortress a try but having trouble getting over the hump so to speak. Any advice? Thanks!

-Switchdance

Good communication makes for good scenes. We subs have such a wide range of desires that a Mistress is not going to be able to figure out what you want from a scene without you telling her. Being open about what you’re looking for from a scene and what you think went wrong with your scenes in the past is probably your best bet. But sometimes when you’re timid, just being open can be hard. Something that helps me is asking permission before speaking (e.g. “would it be all right if I say what I think went wrong in the past…”). Helps me feel less like I’m being pushy and more like I’m being a good sub.

Also, try and keep in mind that your Mistress, in addition to being sexy and skilled, is also just a person.  Listening to what they have to say, asking them how they’re doing, what sort of stuff they like, etc, will help to relax you and also help to get that communication going.  Treating her desires as at least as important as yours will help her to have a good time, which in turn will help you to have a better, more relaxed time.  My favorite scenes are the ones that felt like collaborations, where we took the time before the scene to figure out stuff we were both excited about.

Hope that helps. Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...