Dom vs sub

GeorgeSaliba

I am not sure if this topic was entertained before ,but do you think being a dominant or submissive is something that we are born with ? Are we born with these traits ?,or is this something that we acquire later in life ?..nature vs nurture, or more specifically, nurturing our nature …

I say this because I had this fetish since as far as I can remember, as if it was hardwired in my brain ,and I always fantasized about it but kept it within me for many years …

unfortunately this is something we can’t usually disclose to our partner , I didn’t disclose it to my ex over 11 years of marriage, and I find it difficult to disclose it to my girlfriend, they usually won’t understand and they’ll judge and change the image they have about me .

so thank you Mistresses for providing a safe and discreet place where we can express our fantasies in a professional and nonjudgmental way .

again , I believe that these urges ( the urges to be dominated , slapped , spat on, worship etc … ) are hardwired in our brains, and life happens once and it is now . 

On 12/27/2023 at 8:18 AM, GeorgeSaliba said:

I am not sure if this topic was entertained before ,but do you think being a dominant or submissive is something that we are born with ? Are we born with these traits ?,or is this something that we acquire later in life ?..nature vs nurture, or more specifically, nurturing our nature …

I say this because I had this fetish since as far as I can remember, as if it was hardwired in my brain ,and I always fantasized about it but kept it within me for many years …

unfortunately this is something we can’t usually disclose to our partner , I didn’t disclose it to my ex over 11 years of marriage, and I find it difficult to disclose it to my girlfriend, they usually won’t understand and they’ll judge and change the image they have about me .

so thank you Mistresses for providing a safe and discreet place where we can express our fantasies in a professional and nonjudgmental way .

again , I believe that these urges ( the urges to be dominated , slapped , spat on, worship etc … ) are hardwired in our brains, and life happens once and it is now . 

I think it’s both nature vs. nurture! However, some people can be born this way and have more of an “increase risk” than others to develop fetishes and be submissive. Then there’s people who are born without any fantasies/fetishes or any thoughts of being submissive but due to circumstances/experiences it unlocks something in a person! :) I believe there are some peer reviewed articles not necessarily on this topic but on the “nature vs nurture” debates! 

4 hours ago, Mistress Angel Feng said:

I think it’s both nature vs. nurture! However, some people can be born this way and have more of an “increase risk” than others to develop fetishes and be submissive. Then there’s people who are born without any fantasies/fetishes or any thoughts of being submissive but due to circumstances/experiences it unlocks something in a person! :) I believe there are some peer reviewed articles not necessarily on this topic but on the “nature vs nurture” debates! 

I totally agree Mistress Feng , personality traits are something that we inherit ,they are  known as the big 5 in psychiatry (agreeableness / submission being one of them ) … however sometimes we  express or suppress that trait as a result of certain experiences that activates / unlocks that gene. 
True , There are many articles about it , the one that comes to my mind is Minnesota twin study . Yet not definitive answers. 
In my case ,I don’t recall any experience or trauma 😁 that have activated my fetish … I think I was hardwired into it .. I’ve been having these fantasies since I started making memories .

On 12/28/2023 at 4:27 PM, GeorgeSaliba said:

I totally agree Mistress Feng , personality traits are something that we inherit ,they are  known as the big 5 in psychiatry (agreeableness / submission being one of them ) … however sometimes we  express or suppress that trait as a result of certain experiences that activates / unlocks that gene. 
True , There are many articles about it , the one that comes to my mind is Minnesota twin study . Yet not definitive answers. 
In my case ,I don’t recall any experience or trauma 😁 that have activated my fetish … I think I was hardwired into it .. I’ve been having these fantasies since I started making memories .

For you it was probably innate 😝