Safe word Issues

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems with a lot of subbies, safeword use is often polarized.

Either they're newish and eager to try new things out, but abuse the safeword or

they're comically stoic and try their hardest not to use it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of using gags, I prefer duct tape.

Around the entire head.

Dear Mistress Zhao, Do you mean this??

duct-tape.jpg

You are really a duct tape lady, I know. But around the entire head? Isn't it contradicting with your statement "dirty panties make good gags". Or when you said that "you are the last person I will see before I die". Or your proposed research on the correlation between the twinkling in your eyes and the voltage on my body. Will not be able to see that with duct tape over my eyes. And you don't need a soundproof cell in your basement for that. At the other side, if there is someone who is creative, it is you. Robbie

About Safe Words. Are they always 'Safe' ???

By the way, some Suboptimal Safe Words

1. Cognitive dissonance can be problematic. For example, using “More, More, Harder, Harder,” “Green Light,” or “Yes! Yes! Yes!” as a Safe Word may prove sufficiently confusing to cause a transient but uncomfortable delay in the desired cessation of festivities.

2. Homographs are iffy. Your more exacting Doms won’t find “You say tomato, I say tomato” all that amusing.

3. Murphy’s Law: Any safe words that can be confused will be confused and its corollary: “Momentary confusion” takes on a entirely different meaning when the “momentary” part occurs during a flogging.

4. Multi-syllabic, sesquipedalian words, especially those of the sort most often found in medical or scientific literature or novelty books about word play are not ideal. Even if you can routinely recall such monstrosities as “floccinaucinihilipilification,” “hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomies,” and “Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,” it’s showing off, and, believe me, nobody likes a smart ass sub.

5. Safe Words that aren’t words (e.g., “833646520034″) fall into the same category as #4.

6. While dramatic and emphatic, exclamations such as “Ouch,” “Damn, that hurts,” and “What the heck do you think you’re doing?” can be misunderstood.

7. The subjunctive mood (e.g., “It’s as though I can’t take any more” or “I wish it would quit hurting”) is typically inappropriate for ones Safe Word.

8. AAAA. (“Assiduously Avoid Acronyms, Asshole”). “NGSCB” may mean “Next-Generation Secure Computing Base,” to you, but does your Dom know that?

9. Think twice before choosing tricky proper names (for example, names of towns such as Unalakleet, Amsterdam or Prem Nagar, India and especially those vowel-deficient designations of Welsh villages such as Cwmtwrch). A good rule of thumbscrews is that if you can’t grunt the Safe Word intelligibly with a gag in your mouth, then it’s not really safe, is it?

10. Using something on the line of “Is that the best you can do, Mistress?” and “You’re such a wuss, Master” is just asking for trouble.

11. Some words and terms just don’t fit the context. For example,

• “Hamiltonian-Federalist Jeffersonian-Republican Alignment”

• “Willing suspension of disbelief”

• “Bernoulli’s Principle”

• Anything in the form of a rhyming couplet

• Almost all scripture from the New Testament (yes, even the modern translations)

12. “Fuck You, Mistress” is a Safe Word probably best left to the very experienced, hard core players.

Dear Mistress Zhao, Do you mean this??

duct-tape.jpg

You are really a duct tape lady, I know. But around the entire head? Isn't it contradicting with your statement "dirty panties make good gags". Or when you said that "you are the last person I will see before I die". Or your proposed research on the correlation between the twinkling in your eyes and the voltage on my body. Will not be able to see that with duct tape over my eyes. And you don't need a soundproof cell in your basement for that. At the other side, if there is someone who is creative, it is you. Robbie

It's still very possible to stuff dirty panties in a mouth as a gag and then apply duct tape around their entire head, is it not?

And then there's the very fun activity of removing all of the duct tape from the head in a swift and dizzying manner.

These are all incremental activities, robbie, not final or fatal :)

It's still very possible to stuff dirty panties in a mouth as a gag and then apply duct tape around their entire head, is it not?

And then there's the very fun activity of removing all of the duct tape from the head in a swift and dizzying manner.

These are all incremental activities, robbie, not final or fatal :)

'All incremental activities, not final or fatal' You have such amusing phrases, Queen of the Duct Tapes, I almost believe you mean it. :wacko: Cannot wait to see you, with or without your dirty panties.

'All incremental activities, not final or fatal' You have such amusing phrases, Queen of the Duct Tapes, I almost believe you mean it. :wacko: Cannot wait to see you, with or without your dirty panties.

I've always wanted to do an entire session based on the many used of duct tape. With a few stray elements thrown in (ie dirty panties, etc) I think we could make it work.

And fortunately, you're thin so there's plenty of duct tape to go around.

I wonder if I could tape you to the wall..

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted to do an entire session based on the many used of duct tape. With a few stray elements thrown in (ie dirty panties, etc) I think we could make it work.

And fortunately, you're thin so there's plenty of duct tape to go around.

I wonder if I could tape you to the wall..

ducttape_joke_van.jpg

No moving indeed. But with duct tape covering my complete body, I am at least rather safe for your devilish whims, am I? :unsure:

That kind of foolish thinking surprises me, robbie!

I have several kinds of jabbers with your name on them!

And who's to stop me from cutting little windows in the duct tape to make room for other types of nonsense?

In fact, I do believe the duct tape cocoon is more for my convenience rather than your safety! :D

I am fairly sure this has been posted elsewhere, but this one always makes me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6SLzbTWFcg

It also highlights the fact that you must know your exact safe word - or else we may Mis(tress)interpret!

A safe word of that nature just spells trouble for the sub and is open to so much Mis(tress)interpretation. Your sense of humor scares me, but I like that in a Mistress.