BDSM Furniture

Hello All:

I have been re-decorating my apartment and have been looking into a new bed frame. I have actually been looking at beds with the thought in mind "Is this bed good to tie someone down to?"....I just thought it was funny and interesting how my thought process has changed over the years. I use to only be concerned about aesthetic and price which I still think about but now there are many other important "factors." Same goes for cabinets and dressers as I want to make sure I have room and space for my many other toys...not just clothing.

Just something I notice that I thought some of you could relate to.

MTran

Hello All:

I have been re-decorating my apartment and have been looking into a new bed frame. I have actually been looking at beds with the thought in mind "Is this bed good to tie someone down to?"....I just thought it was funny and interesting how my thought process has changed over the years. I use to only be concerned about aesthetic and price which I still think about but now there are many other important "factors." Same goes for cabinets and dressers as I want to make sure I have room and space for my many other toys...not just clothing.

MTran

Miss Tran,

I know what you mean. When I'm ready to settle down, I'll want to find the right neighborhood, the right house (ample separation from the neighbors), the right furniture, etc. I wouldn't want to turn it into a hard-and-cold dungeon. Instead, it would be warm, comfortable and unassuming to any guests, but definitely set up for some serious play.

Some of the challenges: finding a crafty way to install a heavy duty electric hoist into the basic bedroom structure that's concealed when not in use. Maybe a couple hydraulically powered doors would open to uncover parallel I-beams with electrically powered hoists on each. Of course this would be just above the bed. All of it would operated by a remote control that looks like the remote for your TV. Underneath the throw rug at the foot of the bed: well crafted removable floor-boards that uncover D-rings embedded into a rolling track that easily allows you to adjust their position and lock them into place with a quick-release pin. The walls: extra noise dampening insulation. The stereo system: built-in. Lighting: a wide variety of lighting options that allow brightness and color to be adjusted with the same remote control. The windows: fitted with louvers like many European homes have to block 100% of the light....also operated by remote control. The walk-in closet would have a second smaller closet to easily cover up toys that you wouldn't want the maid to see....think the closet from the movie Mr & Mrs Smith. Hmm what else???

Now, imagine this being the next episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Admit it, the story line would be hilarious.

Danny

Not only is this a topic I can relate to, but it is coincidentally timely.

Beyond aesthetics, comfort and price, I have two additional criteria for a bedframe. First, is it up to the demands of vanilla intercourse? Is it going to walk across the room during a vigorous "workout"? Are its joints going to squeak and complain? I'm not trying to portray myself as some sort of sexual superman, but so many beds fail in this regard that I often wonder about other people's sex lives - is there a lack of thrust?

And second, attachment points. I don't care who gets tied up - I can get off on both dom and sub roles - but one of us must find ourselves in restraints if it's going to be a memorable experience. So the bedframe should offer lots of convenient attachment points, yet be able to fly under the radar if my conservative relatives visit. (Not my mom - she's cool.)

My friend (and noted NYC prodomme) Troy Orleans designed her own custom-fabricated bedframe, which meets all of these requirements. I was just reading about it and enjoying her photos earlier this evening, which is why I felt it was a "coincidentally timely" topic. Her description: "The tall headboard and foot board are fashioned to echo a bramble of frosted winter tree branches. The intersections of the branches are, shall we say, convenient. Additional tie points were added on the underside perimeter. There's plenty of room underneath to stash a body, too. It's a terrific bed: tall, comfortable, cozy, great for reading. One might call it "furniture you'd get attached to." Guests always compliment it. I always smile graciously."

As for myself, I am currently making do with an IKEA bedframe whose headboard is bolted to the wall, and I've discretely added some attachment points. It's not ideal, but it works. For now.

Philip (aka Speechless)

my favorite bdsm furniture would have to be cage-like. something with bars on it and enough space to hold me. since i like being incarcerated, when i look at closet doors especially the walk-in kind i imagine the doors replaced with steel bars. little joey loves doing time.

Hello All:

MTran

MTran,

It appears that a few others are on the exact same page. I will always greatly admire Your thought process in every aspect and if it has indeed changed over the years, I surely think it has reached such a paramount peak. Happy re-decorating, I certainly hope Your search leads You in a direction that meets all of your specifications as well as any other important factors that might come into play.

Miss Tran,

I know what you mean. When I'm ready to settle down, I'll want to find the right neighborhood, the right house (ample separation from the neighbors), the right furniture, etc. I wouldn't want to turn it into a hard-and-cold dungeon. Instead, it would be warm, comfortable and unassuming to any guests, but definitely set up for some serious play.

Some of the challenges: finding a crafty way to install a heavy duty electric hoist into the basic bedroom structure that's concealed when not in use. Maybe a couple hydraulically powered doors would open to uncover parallel I-beams with electrically powered hoists on each. Of course this would be just above the bed. All of it would operated by a remote control that looks like the remote for your TV. Underneath the throw rug at the foot of the bed: well crafted removable floor-boards that uncover D-rings embedded into a rolling track that easily allows you to adjust their position and lock them into place with a quick-release pin. The walls: extra noise dampening insulation. The stereo system: built-in. Lighting: a wide variety of lighting options that allow brightness and color to be adjusted with the same remote control. The windows: fitted with louvers like many European homes have to block 100% of the light....also operated by remote control. The walk-in closet would have a second smaller closet to easily cover up toys that you wouldn't want the maid to see....think the closet from the movie Mr & Mrs Smith. Hmm what else???

Now, imagine this being the next episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Admit it, the story line would be hilarious.

Danny

Danny,

Extremely well thought out. Not sure we will see it anytime soon in prime time on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, but I agree, the story line would really be hilarious.

Hello All:

MTran

That's quite easy to fix, just make sure is solid and made in a matterial that allows you to apply 4 to 6 Bondage Trax and you'll have all the attachment points you need.

HD. :-)

Miss Tran,

Danny

I really like how you really thought this out....can you build my BDSM dream house? hahaha