I need your help guys...

Guest Mistress Kang

Centro vs. iPhone

I currently have an (white) Palm Centro. It's my second Centro within the last 12 months, the last one leaped out of my hand into a toilet - it LEAPED! I dropped my current phone 8x too many and it now has a few big dark gray marks all over the screen and makes texting really difficult since I can't read the message. I have to copy and paste the message onto a blank page just so I can read it LOL Yes, I know - I need a new phone LOL

I don't know if I should get another (white) Centro or spring for an iPhone?! I mostly use my phone for texts, emails, online calendar (not calendar program), photos and calls.

The iPhone takes better photos than the Centro. The iPhone also has a cooler screen (you can enlarge pages) which is great for internet use (i.e.: email and online calendar). I've tested out the texting feature on the iPhone and it's not as easy to use as the Centro. I can type REALLY fast on the Centro. The iPhone seems like it will take some getting used to...

I have Tmobile and do not want to change carriers. I have an unlocked Palm Centro and would need the iPhone unlocked and jailbroken. Anybody have experience with or advice on using an iPhone with a carrier other than AT&T? Do I just call up Tmobile and tell them I have an iPhone?

Help me decide guys!!! Do you have any experience with either phones? Any advice?!? Thanks...

Hi Jessy,

This may give a little insight on Verizon and Apple's next plans:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/48295

Here's the code:

http://code.google.com/p/independence/

More fun:

http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/09/ipho ... ext_ge.php

If you have a tech savvy friend or are feeling adventurous (in tech not BDSM sorta way), you can use the two links above to take care of it. On another note- a friend of mine just got the Google phone and I gotta admit it is pretty cool. He's on Tmobile ;-)

D

simple solution, since you are on T-Mobile.

Get a G1 cell phone. They have the contract with T-Mobile, and when i decide to dropkick my "brick" Nokia cellphone (which is a brute, dropped it so many times and doesnt bother it, taking a bath with it is a whole nother issue) i may just tell AT&T to go fuck themselves and jump to T-Mobile, largely due to the G1.

here's some of the specs on the G1 (taken from the link below)

The T-Mobile G1 is the first cell phone to utilize Google's new Android OS. Key features include a full slide out QWERTY style keyboard, 3G data, Wifi, Google maps with street view, 3.0 megapixel camera, music player (1GB memory card included), touchscreen, stereo Bluetooth and video playback,

http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-research/htc-g1.aspx

It also has access to a mess of android applications, just like the iPhone does with its apps, difference is that the G1 is opensourced, if that's important or not.

for a more through comparision with the iphone & g1 (and even palm's pre) check out the link below -

http://gizmodo.com/5126870/in-a-nutshel ... hone-vs-g1

now off to (attempt) to make some chicken adobo... i never seems to make it taste the same everytime i make it :))

Centro vs. iPhone

I currently have an (white) Palm Centro. It's my second Centro within the last 12 months, the last one leaped out of my hand into a toilet - it LEAPED! I dropped my current phone 8x too many and it now has a few big dark gray marks all over the screen and makes texting really difficult since I can't read the message. I have to copy and paste the message onto a blank page just so I can read it LOL Yes, I know - I need a new phone LOL

I don't know if I should get another (white) Centro or spring for an iPhone?! I mostly use my phone for texts, emails, online calendar (not calendar program), photos and calls.

The iPhone takes better photos than the Centro. The iPhone also has a cooler screen (you can enlarge pages) which is great for internet use (i.e.: email and online calendar). I've tested out the texting feature on the iPhone and it's not as easy to use as the Centro. I can type REALLY fast on the Centro. The iPhone seems like it will take some getting used to...

I have Tmobile and do not want to change carriers. I have an unlocked Palm Centro and would need the iPhone unlocked and jailbroken. Anybody have experience with or advice on using an iPhone with a carrier other than AT&T? Do I just call up Tmobile and tell them I have an iPhone?

Help me decide guys!!! Do you have any experience with either phones? Any advice?!? Thanks...

Ms. Kang, pardon me but it sounds like it's the owner not the phone :lol::lol::lol:...I know not any help but I couldn't resist :lol:

I had Sprint for years and had absolutely no problem with them. I had heard so many bad things about AT&T that I swore I wouldn't switch phone companies just to get an iPhone.... Well, I'm an Apple junkie and I broke down and got the iPhone 3G and I have to admit, AT&T really isn't that bad... I'm having trouble finding things to complain about!

Things to think about:

• [*:14jy0zcl]Apple is due to release a new, much better version of the iPhone either this fall or winter.

[*:14jy0zcl]Apple is rumored to be talking to Sprint and Verizon about carrying their new iPhone:
http://macosrumors.com/ in 2010

[*:14jy0zcl]It's not as easy to Jailbreak the newer 3G iPhones as it was the first generation, but if you do, you won't ever be able to upgrade, add new features or enjoy many of the features that makes the iPhone so cool!

My suggestion is that if you won't do the Full Monty and switch to AT&T for the iPhone, you are better off getting a phone you like with your current carrier. Maybe it'll be enough to hold you over until the iPhone is available to all carriers.

Otherwise, I had some separation anxiety about leaving Sprint, but I'm over it and I'm happy with my new iPhone 3G!

Hopefully this helps you to decide!

I had Sprint for years and had absolutely no problem with them. I had heard so many bad things about AT&T that I swore I wouldn't switch phone companies just to get an iPhone.... Well, I'm an Apple junkie and I broke down and got the iPhone 3G and I have to admit, AT&T really isn't that bad... I'm having trouble finding things to complain about!

Things to think about:

• [*:3hrf05o4]Apple is due to release a new, much better version of the iPhone either this fall or winter.

[*:3hrf05o4]Apple is rumored to be talking to Sprint and Verizon about carrying their new iPhone:
http://macosrumors.com/ in 2010

[*:3hrf05o4]It's not as easy to Jailbreak the newer 3G iPhones as it was the first generation, but if you do, you won't ever be able to upgrade, add new features or enjoy many of the features that makes the iPhone so cool!

My suggestion is that if you won't do the Full Monty and switch to AT&T for the iPhone, you are better off getting a phone you like with your current carrier. Maybe it'll be enough to hold you over until the iPhone is available to all carriers.

Otherwise, I had some separation anxiety about leaving Sprint, but I'm over it and I'm happy with my new iPhone 3G!

Hopefully this helps you to decide!

Yes! *This* did help me decide! I'm going to get another Centro... Maybe by the time the new iPhone comes out I'll be ready for the switch!?

Thanks, magdiver! Thanks, GUYS! ;-))

I hope this is not too late...

Jessy, I own an iPhone 3G and it is by far the best phone I ever owned.

I had a blackberry and it is really more for business use.

For the iPhone 3G, you can do everything that a blackberry (or other phones) can do, only MUCH easier.

You drive to a new town and unsure what to eat? touch an app and it will show you everything around you breaking into different types... seafod, raw bar, sushi, chinese, thai, you name it... then you can see the review at once with the phone number and address. At one touch, the iphone will call the number and map out the direction from your current location to the new location.

The GPS is not a full blown GPS, yet --- but at the next OS update, it will be supported. In fact Tomtom and other major GPS companies are already working on a full GPS applications for the iPhone.

Want to know what movie/DVD? well 1 touch will give you full review, where to watch, from different review sites. Some may argue, yes, I can go to this site, I can go to that site... but it is never one touch.

Want to access your bank (if your bank support it like Chase), one touch banking.

Want to bid on stuff on ebay? one touch (yes other phone can use the browser but once again, it is not one touch operation). I was once driving while using one hand to one touch and won a hot item.

Want to chat with IM? well look no further, there is application that enable you to access all IM program in once touch (logging you in muli accounts and chat at gchat, yahoo, msn, etc at the same time).

it is also a full ipod and ipod video.

It can access and update ALL of your web mail accounts in one touch - yahoo, gmail, msn (certiain type), all at once. you can have 10 gmail accounts and it will update it auto - one touch to check all.

one touch to access your contact and map from your current location to their location.

There are also so many cool applications, a lot of them are free, some ranges from 99 cents to 2.99. rarely applications cost more than $5.99.

There are applications that turn your phone into a new age sound scape machine - wave, fireplace, birdy, beach sound... great to be used in sessions... or relaxations.

True, there may be a new phone, but guess what, there is ALWAYS a new phone, how long can you wait for the next newest and badest phone (much like computer 3D high end gaming cards). You just cannot "wait" for the next one.

It is a new experience.

But of cuz, if I am wrong, you can always punish me in whatever way you see fits...

:P

slave phoebe

yes if you plan on staying with t-moblie get stay with the Centro, i'll tell you this after a couple weeks with my iPhone i was texting faster. one of the coolest things is visual voice mail you see the list and can listen to anyone you want not have to listen to 50 msg to get the one you want and thats only on att. nothing has really been said about a new iPhone and being they just refreshed the line i doubt you will see anything new soon, how long you still in contract Ma'am? you use nothing but Apples for your computer needs i'd say jump in with the phone i could never use anything else.

the iPhone 3G is simply an amazing device.

There is always something new about it.

Which other phone is supported by the world wide users like the iPhone? The answer is, none.. or even if there is one, it is not even close.

one thing that the iphone can do where other phones cannot do.... you can write chinese words directly into the screen and it will recognize it. It is built in function --- factory setting.

I am not sure if other phones can drag the screen larger or smaller for surfing... I think the only phone that can do that is the iPhone.

The iPhone 3G also is supported by endless arrays of accessories --- not to mention it can also use most of the ipod accessories as well.

Another thing that the iPhone 3G will shine over other phones --- by far it has the easiest wifi resynchronization set up I have seen compare to other phones. The built in bluetooth synchronization is also the smoothest one I have ever seen.

Finally, having an iPhone 3G is like symbol of status and styles. No other phones can come even close to that edgy status when you pull out your iPhone. (It is silly but true).