Crazy weather!

Mistress Ree

So i just went to check weather.com so i would know what to wear today and the high temperature Thursday is 76F!!!!!!! But then Friday it goes back down to 55F :( Such a tease! :roll:

Dear Mistress Ree:

October has been so cool that Mother Nature has to balance things out at bit.

I wonder about New York City Marathon day as the ideal weather would be mid 40's, overcast and little wind.

Dannyboy

I thought the ground was supposed to open up and lava was would come oozing out in my back yard.

I hoped for that too. If I had to pick a way to go, I'd rather die from the heat than freeze to death. Did you ever see that episode of the Twilight Zone where its dying hot because the earth is moving closer to the sun but then she wakes up to find the exact opposite is going on and they're freezing to death instead because the earth is moving away from the sun.

I'll have to disagree with you in turn!! Rain is much more unpleasant than snow - you don't get immediately drenched in the snow! I love looking at the snow falling...so the snow is also much prettier. Somehow, I just don't feel as miserable when it's cold and snowy as opposed to when it's cold and rainy.

Anything is better than the weather we had last weekend! I'll take 55 degrees over cold and rainy any day... :lol:

I'll differ on this one. Cold and rainy is better than cold and snowy or excessive heat and humidity.

I thought the ground was supposed to open up and lava was would come oozing out in my back yard.

I hoped for that too. If I had to pick a way to go, I'd rather die from the heat than freeze to death. Did you ever see that episode of the Twilight Zone where its dying hot because the earth is moving closer to the sun but then she wakes up to find the exact opposite is going on and they're freezing to death instead because the earth is moving away from the sun.

Based on a true story.

Mistress Jung,

I'll differ with you on this (with your permission, of course). I've camped in freezing temperatures and hot, humid weather. If I were trapped and the temperature dropped enough to kill me, It might be like drifting off to sleep. I think the heat would be much more brutal.

Ray

Based on a true story.

Ray:

Reminds me of a Robert Frost poem.

Dannyboy