the Dominatrix and Sherlock Holmes (small spoiler!)

Mistress Haru

Irene Adler has to be one of my favorite tv representations of a domme. Clever and just a touch ruthless, in complete command of her body... or is she? Sherlock is able to break through even when she leaves seemingly nothing to be discerned.

How many subs wish you had the Holmes' gift for observation when you session with us and pray that you'll catch a glint of something secret... lust? Desire? Mercy? Things you wont find in us ;)

Interesting that the 'Watson' in that new TV version of the Sherlock Holmes stories (Elementary) played a domme. :)

I was just about to bring that up! In the show Elementary, Lucy Liu plays Sherlock Holmes. Whats even better, is that in real life, Lucy Liu contributes to most of the directing and production on set of the show, you know know, she is a real life Boss Lady.

I was looking for some videos of the show to attach to my comment, but I found this instead. Its a scene from Payback, starring Lucy Liu.

[media=]

[/media]

I love Elementary (huge soft spot for Lucy Lui!) and the British version as well. There are a lot of BDSM undertones in both versions actually. I just started season 2 of Elementary.

I haven't watched season 2 yet. But I do agree, there are a lot of BDSM undertones. I love it when they are so subtle, but only a true kinkster or domme or sub would be able to pick up on them.

True dommes are astute in their observations, but never satisfied to stop at that. I love a good challenge and being able to push and manipulate for my enjoyment is a skill that though inherent, I love to keep sharpened.

Skills are like knives. They can be used over and over again but at a certain time, there will be a point at which they need to be sharpened. Like Mistress Haru, I like to keep my skills sharpened. I find different methods of putting them to the test..

Interesting that the 'Watson' in that new TV version of the Sherlock Holmes stories (Elementary) played a domme. :)

I think she's at her best, and seems to be her truest self, in Sherlock. She's totally hot typecasted as the Dragon Lady, but nice to see her out of that mold. As a Queens native watching her as Watson makes me feel like she could've been my neighbor ;-)

I think she's at her best, and seems to be her truest self, in Sherlock. She's totally hot typecasted as the Dragon Lady, but nice to see her out of that mold. As a Queens native watching her as Watson makes me feel like she could've been my neighbor :wink:

Yes, there's a quiet strength about her character and there is a good back-story there. A juicy role that I'm sure she brings much of herself to.

As to BDSM undertones, it's interesting to note that the actor who plays Sherlock was married for a bit to Angelia Jolie who wore a black rubber dress to their wedding and there was definitely some kink in that relationship according to some profiles.