How soon is now?

BDean

Silence can be meditative but, more effectively, one of the severest forms of torment. Like being led into the center of a crowded room, wearing nothing but sensory isolation headgear, I wait for the next blow. Will it be painful, shockingly so? I can't anticipate which way to bend with the force. The silence is killing me.

Apparently, the quietest place on earth can drive a person insane in 45 minutes.

Perhaps for those that haven't learned the joys of solitude, silence can definitely be more torment than meditation.

So what if you came in to our playroom, devoid of all clothing but silenced and blinded with a hood and earplugs, and just waited for your mistress in the middle of the room?

Would you die before your Mistress even entered the room?

A fantasy that scares me, is to hear plate ware and the kind of dry conversation of, bored, and very rich people. People not like me, and I am only welcome as entertainment.

And even my outright torture and humiliation never seems to halt a conversation. A cut lash across my abdomen no more startling than a violinist in the corner.

And the one last thing I have left, my anonymity is even taken away. When the door on the wooden box around my head, a door no bigger than that on a bird cage, is opened.

After an an eternity in darkness, the chandelier is so bright in my eyes that I see the floaters on my retina. I am reeling from the shock of being exposed yet nobody stops eating.

The humiliation is so brutal that I want nothing more than to be put back in my lesser hell. So the they close the little door, but remove my lead, and I wander, without direction, awkwardly and dumb.

When I was younger, I studied a lot of various topics. I spent a lot of time in libraries and bookstores, so naturally I took advantage of all the accessible knowledge lying around.

I once spent a while studying different types of torture and mind control used by militaries all over the world. China has some great torture techniques. Most of them aren't solely focused on physical pain, but also mental anguish. I learned that even a little sound repeated over the span of hours and days could drive someone crazy, or even a drop of water on their forehead. I am very fascinated by these techniques of mind control because it proves that more is less.

This is very interesting, I would like to try what you, Mistress Zhao, suggested at a session. There would also exist an added internal "noise" because of the anticipation and not knowing if you were in the room.

There would finally be relief once I knew you were there through some sensation. But you wouldn't leave me there for two hours alone, would you??!

I experienced silence such as this to a small degree, once, when my friend and I had our car stuck in the desert after a sandstorm and a trucker picked him up to get help, and I remained alone.

I agree with you, more is less.

Sometimes you only need a few words, or even none at all. I remember being given the silent treatment by my mother when she was upset with me. After three days, I was ready to fling myself onto the ground beneath her feet, but that didn't even work!

When I was younger, I studied a lot of various topics. I spent a lot of time in libraries and bookstores, so naturally I took advantage of all the accessible knowledge lying around.

I once spent a while studying different types of torture and mind control used by militaries all over the world. China has some great torture techniques. Most of them aren't solely focused on physical pain, but also mental anguish. I learned that even a little sound repeated over the span of hours and days could drive someone crazy, or even a drop of water on their forehead. I am very fascinated by these techniques of mind control because it proves that more is less.

Sometimes you only need a few words, or even none at all. I remember being given the silent treatment by my mother when she was upset with me. After three days, I was ready to fling myself onto the ground beneath her feet, but that didn't even work!

I am glad you agree with me. More is less. For example, a lot of Asian horror films are psychological films, not like the gray films the US churns out (think Hatchet murderer hunting unsuspecting teenagers in the woods). Asian horror films rely on the retelling of memories, reflecting on the emotions and nightmares.

Mistress Sunya, the image of you as a girl researching torture techniques is terrifying and against my own self-preservation I find the idea of that influencing you as an adult extremely exciting. It reminds me of the Takashi Miike film, AUDITION!

I love that film! I think it is one of the few horror films where the viewer is able to feel sympathy for the "villain" of the story. Reminds me a lot of the Japanese film Helter Skelter..

• 4 weeks later...

Can't imagine you flinging yourself on the ground beneath someone's feet. The other way around, yes.

Mistress Kang, please forgive me for asking, but what is "woffy"? Is it Hello Kitty's pet dog? = )

Woffyboy was my name on The Forum until I changed it (after Mistress Kang's suggestion) to Methinks to tweak Mistress Zhao after she told me to stop saying methinks on my posts. Mistress Zhao then ordered me to become Big Trouble Baby and I've been BTB ever since. Some still call me Woffy, as you can see.