Team Kang?

Leaving the gym the other night I glanced back and saw a guy working out wearing a navy blue baseball jersey with the number 12 and the name J KANG. What can this mean? He wasn't Asian. Can there be another "devotee" in the midst?

Ray

Maybe he was a fan of James Kang the college baseball star from the Californian Lutheran University. I wouldn't call this one in yet, There's approximately 24000 people in the United States with the surname of Kang (thank you WolframAlpha), and it could be likely that he is in fact J. Kang and number 12 on whatever team. There's nearly a 6% fraction of all people with the surname Kang not being Asian. (How insane is WolframAlpha?)

-Just a thought, monokuro

Leaving the gym the other night I glanced back and saw a guy working out wearing a navy blue baseball jersey with the number 12 and the name J KANG. What can this mean? He wasn't Asian. Can there be another "devotee" in the midst?

Ray

Maybe he was a fan of James Kang the college baseball star from the Californian Lutheran University. I wouldn't call this one in yet, There's approximately 24000 people in the United States with the surname of Kang (thank you WolframAlpha), and it could be likely that he is in fact J. Kang and number 12 on whatever team. There's nearly a 6% fraction of all people with the surname Kang not being Asian. (How insane is WolframAlpha?)

-Just a thought, monokuro

Monokuro,

Thanks for the info. Never heard of WolframAlpha before. As someone who likes statistics I'll be looking into this site.

While the Kang shirt looked like a sports shirt from the back, the front had a small emblem over the left breast leading me to believe it may have been some Company logo.

Ray