Any cafe recommendations?

kneed2please

• 3 weeks later...

I will soon be in the Fortress neighborhood for an evening. Love spicy Szechuan. Any recommendations as to cafes?

Sorry for not replying sooner to this thread!

For future reference then, Xi'an Famous Foods in Chinatown is a must visit.

http://xianfoods.com/menu/

They just started delivery service, but only their cold dishes. Stewed Pork Burger is good, if you like lamb the Spicy Cumin Lamb Burger too. And Stewed Oxtail Hand-Ripped Noodles. Spicy Cucumber Salad. All YUM.

Dine in and listen to their "old-school" playlist ;-)

Sorry for not replying sooner to this thread!

For future reference then, Xi'an Famous Foods in Chinatown is a must visit.

http://xianfoods.com/menu/

They just started delivery service, but only their cold dishes. Stewed Pork Burger is good, if you like lamb the Spicy Cumin Lamb Burger too. And Stewed Oxtail Hand-Ripped Noodles. Spicy Cucumber Salad. All YUM.

Dine in and listen to their "old-school" playlist :wink:

I second this recommendation, the food at Xi'an is fantastic. When the weather is warmer I often go there for lunch. I love the lamb and noodle dish and the burgers are great also. Its also funny to see the looks on people faces when they are given Thor's hammer!

Thanks for the scoop. I ended up getting a quick snack at Vanessas. Not haute cuisine, but it was quite exotic compared to suburban Virginia fare! I hope to visit the lovely Ms Tran in the Spring (if she will have me), so I will check out Xi'an then.

That thread about strapons has got me thinking about ass play, something completely foreign for me. I am already plotting my escape from Virginia!