Mistresses and Fine Wine

MisterWinerack

All this talk and comparison of Mistresses a fine wine in other posts got me to thinking about my cellar and how I would name each section / region after a different Mistress based upon your personality and style. So lets play another game Mistresses, if you were a fine wine, what kind would you be and why? Try to be as specific as you can but not more general that a region. For example, you can't respond only red or white, or only California but instead, red from Tuscany and even a better, a Brunello (my favorite and reserved for Mistress Vu because of its complex yet balanced, smooth, velvety, ripe aroma and taste that is as long as it is full, vigorous and completely satisfying with even tannins) because ....

Lets hear it Mistresses and others that would venture a guess and see if your Mistress(es) agree with you!

MW

I would love to play this game but I just don't know enough about wines. I like sauvignon blanc from New Zealand and chardonnay from California (France and Australia are good for both too) but I don't know how to describe further or make a comparison. :oops:

All this talk and comparison of Mistresses a fine wine in other posts got me to thinking about my cellar and how I would name each section / region after a different Mistress based upon your personality and style. So lets play another game Mistresses, if you were a fine wine, what kind would you be and why? Try to be as specific as you can but not more general that a region. For example, you can't respond only red or white, or only California but instead, red from Tuscany and even a better, a Brunello (my favorite and reserved for Mistress Vu because of its complex yet balanced, smooth, velvety, ripe aroma and taste that is as long as it is full, vigorous and completely satisfying with even tannins) because ....

Lets hear it Mistresses and others that would venture a guess and see if your Mistress(es) agree with you!

MW

Hows 'bout somma that Ripple 'er Thunderbird that'll get the party goin', unscrew that cap n' let it flow...think all of the ladies have some of that in 'em. :twisted:

MW

Hows 'bout somma that Ripple 'er Thunderbird that'll get the party goin', unscrew that cap n' let it flow...think all of the ladies have some of that in 'em. :twisted:

Spoken like a true connoisseur.

Mister Winerack,

This is a difficult game for me!

If it helps, I LOVE only reds. MUST be DRY and SMOOTH. I'm not a fan of whites, maybe I never had a good white, I don't know. I even drink red when eating seafood!

Are you a wine taster? Because I love wine but certain things, (like their description, I cannot comprehend).

I have no idea what Thunderbird is....

I don't think I will do well in this game...

It's probably because you are far more refined, sophisticated, complex and smooth to even be mentioned in the same sentence. You don't want to know what Thunderbird is but have you heard of Mad Dog 20 20? Same level. Cheap, unsophistocated, unbalanced, course, but as with all wines, enough gets you happy. You'll do fine, I've got your back (or is it that you have mine?).

Mister Winerack,

If it helps, I LOVE only reds. MUST be DRY and SMOOTH. I'm not a fan of whites, maybe I never had a good white, I don't know. I even drink red when eating seafood!

Are you a wine taster? Because I love wine but certain things, (like their description, I cannot comprehend).

What did you think of my description for you for a Brunello? I'm mainly a red guy as well. Drink it with anything. I believe you drink wine to enjoy it not to make sure it completely matches up to whatever you are doing or eating. Perhaps you've never had a great white but perhaps some day I can turn you on to one or two and teach you for a change. Whites for me are refreshing and more of a drinking wine than accompaniment to food but it really depends on my mood. To each his/her own is what I go with / recommend.

It's probably because you are far more refined, sophisticated, complex and smooth to even be mentioned in the same sentence. You don't want to know what Thunderbird is but have you heard of Mad Dog 20 20? Same level. Cheap, unsophistocated, unbalanced, course, but as with all wines, enough gets you happy. You'll do fine, I've got your back (or is it that you have mine?).

I have no idea about "Mad Dog".

About whites, many love it, but frankly, it is not my favorite.

When I say that about whites, MANY have said: "On a hot summer day a REALLY COLD glass of wine is great."

Frankly, if something has to be super cold for me to enjoy, I'm a bit iffy about that... Making a drink cold can confuse your taste buds thinking it's better than it is.

I'm no expert. Just my opinion

Mister Winerack,

What did you think of my description for you for a Brunello? I'm mainly a red guy as well. Drink it with anything. I believe you drink wine to enjoy it not to make sure it completely matches up to whatever you are doing or eating. Perhaps you've never had a great white but perhaps some day I can turn you on to one or two and teach you for a change. Whites for me are refreshing and more of a drinking wine than accompaniment to food but it really depends on my mood. To each his/her own is what I go with / recommend.

The comparison you've made really put a smile on my face :-)

I know who I am, and I know what I'm not. I'm very flattered with your comparison. If I actually disagreed with you, I would have made it very obvious that your description of me is wrong.

Thank you. :)

I have no idea about "Mad Dog".

About whites, many love it, but frankly, it is not my favorite.

When I say that about whites, MANY have said: "On a hot summer day a REALLY COLD glass of wine is great."

Frankly, if something has to be super cold for me to enjoy, I'm a bit iffy about that... Making a drink cold can confuse your taste buds thinking it's better than it is.

I'm no expert. Just my opinion

You don't have to be an expert and that what makes drinking wine so much fun. Its all about individual tastes and mood. Yes a hot summer day there might not be nothing better if you are in the mood but you might also be in the mood for a nice cold glass of water and that would do it for you over any wine. I do agree with you, red most likely will (and generally does for me) provide a much better drinking experience.

Mister Winerack,

The comparison you've made really put a smile on my face :-)

I know who I am, and I know what I'm not. I'm very flattered with your comparison. If I actually disagreed with you, I would have made it very obvious that your description of me is wrong.

Thank you. :)

Thanks. I'm glad

To answer your questions: I like Sauvignon Blancs fruity and Chardonnays either stone fruit or heavy oak. Does that tell you anything?

I think my absolute favorite is Brancott Sauvignon Blanc 2007 - delicious and under $20 ;-)

Mistress Kang, it tells me a lot. The oak - and I like oak - fits your personality. Oak, to me, is what gives a wine life, longevity, complexity and power. Its the ingrediant that keeps the foundation strong.

As to fruity? well aren't we all a little nuts? but about that oak ..... Sorry couldn't resist.

I've never had that SB before but must be great.

MW

It would take quite an education to be able to compare each individual mistress to a specific wine.

Besides, I prefer whiskey ;)

I never would have guess you as a whisky girl. What kind do you like and how do you take it?

Usually Jack. I like it girly with ginger, or cran, or just shot straight if I'm feeling dangerous.