Mistresses and Fine Wine

MisterWinerack

• 2 months later...

Great post. Since wine has been done, I will pair mistresses personas with styles of Japanese sake:

Mistress Kang is "namazake" (unpasteurized sake) - always served super fresh, bold and explosive on the palate, with wild and unexpected flavors, zingy.

Mistress Vu is "junmai daiginjo" - the most refined type of sake, brewed with just the polished down core of each rice kernel, pure, complex and ultra-premium.

Mistress Chan - a lot of time has passed, but I do remember she was tasty.

Mistress Ahn will be compared with sake next week!

Great post. Since wine has been done, I will pair mistresses personas with styles of Japanese sake:

Mistress Kang is "namazake" (unpasteurized sake) - always served super fresh, bold and explosive on the palate, with wild and unexpected flavors, zingy.

Mistress Vu is "junmai daiginjo" - the most refined type of sake, brewed with just the polished down core of each rice kernel, pure, complex and ultra-premium.

Mistress Chan - a lot of time has passed, but I do remember she was tasty.

Mistress Ahn will be compared with sake next week!

LL,

Does sake come in whiskey flavor?

Guest Mistress Kang

Vodka-Lipo or Sangsom and Coke- WHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! NO PANTIES!!

Oh, Kat drinking- no problem just need a few ordinary pieces of household equipment:

Catchpoles1.jpg

net_gun.jpg

LL,

Does sake come in whiskey flavor?

"Koshu", which is aged sake, tastes the closest to whiskey. Koshu is a very small part of the sake world, and is kinda the anti-sake, because sake is really about extreme freshness. Unlike wine, and much more so than beer, sake is best consumed as soon after brewing as possible.

However, there is the famous Japanese whiskey brand Suntory, featured in the movie Lost in Translation, etc.

:) :) :) I can hardly imagine Warrior Princess Tan's lack of impulse control after a few drinks :) :) :)

"Koshu", which is aged sake, tastes the closest to whiskey. Koshu is a very small part of the sake world, and is kinda the anti-sake, because sake is really about extreme freshness. Unlike wine, and much more so than beer, sake is best consumed as soon after brewing as possible.

However, there is the famous Japanese whiskey brand Suntory, featured in the movie Lost in Translation, etc.

:) :) :) I can hardly imagine Warrior Princess Tan's lack of impulse control after a few drinks :) :) :)

LL,

Anti-sake! Sounds like Anti-Christ!

Koshu sounds delightful. I wonder if there are any Koshu breweries in NYC..

I have tried shochu before, and found it quite refreshing and enjoyable in its various flavors and lightness. It's much like vodka, but smoother and tastier :)

Everybody keeps talking about the effects of alcohol on Mistress Tan, but I have yet to witness the bedlam. I feel like I'm missing out!! Can we please do an experiment in a controlled environment where we feed her drinks and then watch her release her wrath from a safe distance, preferably behind bulletproof glass?!

LL,

Anti-sake! Sounds like Anti-Christ!

Koshu sounds delightful. I wonder if there are any Koshu breweries in NYC..

I have tried shochu before, and found it quite refreshing and enjoyable in its various flavors and lightness. It's much like vodka, but smoother and tastier :)

Everybody keeps talking about the effects of alcohol on Mistress Tan, but I have yet to witness the bedlam. I feel like I'm missing out!! Can we please do an experiment in a controlled environment where we feed her drinks and then watch her release her wrath from a safe distance, preferably behind bulletproof glass?!

No sake breweries in NYC, but you can drink the good stuff at Decibel (casual) and Sakagura (high end).

Or you could just try some of the nama sake I just gave Mistress Ahn. (needs to be kept refrigerated and consumed asap)

Now, as promised I will pair Ahn with a sake style - I will go with "shizuku" which literally means "drops." Basically junmai daiginjo sake is put into a canvas bladder, suspended by a rope, and the best part slowly drips out and is bottled. Very delicate, light, and super premium -- in addition to those attributes, obviously "bladder" "rope" and "drippings" are appropriate for the lovely Ms Ahn.