"Fortress" Goes to the (Spa) "Castle" LOL

Guest Mistress Kang

Yesterday we, the Fortress, had a long awaited full day off of relaxation at the Spa Castle (nyspacastle.com). It was a quick road trip away as all 6 of us squeezed into a mini-suv (thanks to a last minute rental at ZipCar! LOL). We were pretty sad Vu and Ahn couldn't make it, but we understand ;-(

We arrived around noon. It was early in the day and a weekday so it was sooo empty it was like having the entire castle to ourselves! First we changed into our bikinis and went for a soak-n-spray in the heated rooftop pools. You can't really swim in then because it's like 4 feet deep all over, but there was this little path that you kinda get pushed along with the water, it was fun, we just kept going around and around LOL And I think *some* of us (ahem!) were more attracted to the water massages than others LOL There was this big metal cylinder with a bar around the top to hold onto while the water sprays really hard down in the middle area...The Masturbation Center, I call it. There was also this super hard double-headed shower spray thing that can rip the skin off your shoulders LOL A few of us gave it a go but there's just no way to open your eyes while you're using it. You also end up blinding and deafening (water in the ears) all the people around you LOL Then we bombarded a couple in the tiny jacuzzi filled with lemon-lime Gatorade colored water then we ended our initial rooftop adventure with a dip in the larger (teak?) hot tub which was 104 degrees and lite blue like super watered down mouthwash LOL There was one lone gentleman in there soaking in the corner probably trying to run away from his wife ;-)

We left the pools and went downstairs to get ready for our Korean bodyscrubs! We all showered and soaked in more pools and sat in the saunas. Choi and I were waiting our turns as Zhao, Tan, Ree and Jung were getting their scrubs so she joined me in a sitting shower and personal shaving ;-) If you've never had a Korean body scrub, here's how it works: First you have to shower so you're clean before you soak in the hot tubs. Once you're clean, you should soak about 30 minutes in as many hot tubs and the wet and dry saunas as possible to open your pores and soften your skin. It's a huge bathroom like area with sitting and standing shower stations and mirrors everywhere (love the mirrors!). Everyone is naked and at the most has a hand towel to wrap around their head, not very modest...LOL Then a Korean lady in her bra and underwear calls you over by your number worn around your wrist and you lay naked on the shower table and she pours a few buckets of warm water over your body, washes you with soap and washes it off with more buckets of water. Then she starts scrubbing EVERYWHERE on your body with these little scrubby mitts that fit over her fingertips. You flip over on your sides, stomach, back, etc. so she can scrub every inch of skin. She'll wash your hair, and some places will give you a cucumber mask if you want too! Not sure how it works on the men's side of the locker rooms..?!

About 3:00pm was manicure pedicure time! Zhao fell asleep during her facial and was still a little weird when she woke up and ended up picking a color of naiilpolish she wouldn't have normally. Was kinda funny :lol: It seemed like it took forever because we were all soo hungry. The ones who were done first had snacks while waiting for the rest of us. Ree came in and fed us ONE strawberry each LOL

Finally, it was FOOD TIME, soo hungry!! We had a table full of yummy Korean food that we seemed to wolfed down. Choi got some cupcakes from Babycakes for Zhao's birthday (last week) and we all sang "Happy Birthday" as she blew out her candle ;-) We shared all 6 different flavors of the cupcakes (carrot cake, lemon, vanilla, chocolate brownie, red velvet and ?!?! I forgot the last one LOL). I think Choi may have some pics but she'll have to sort through them ;-)

After eating I took a 3 hour nap in the lazyboy lounge chair area. I'm not sure what everyone else did. I think they roamed around and went in the 7 different sauna igloos. I know Ree and Choi went back for round 2 in the pools upstairs LOL And when I woke up a few times Jung was asleep in the lazyboy next to me, then Zhao was asleep in another lazyboy next to me. Zhao said she fell asleep every time she laid down ;-)

We spent about 8 hours there and drove back to Manhattan. It was lots of fun!! Also wanted to thank whiplash for the gift certificate - I really enjoyed myself ;-)

I loved the spa castle. I took my ex there last year... Did you guys go in all the caves? I could only take so much of that heat... The massage chairs felt real good too. It looks cool after it gets dark and they turn all the lights on around the outside area.

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun & relaxation... Good stuff!!!

Mistress Kang,

I'm so happy to read that You had a great time. I got a thrill reading about Your time and at the spa and I'm glad the other ladies had a wonderful time as well. Of course I would have loved to have been there or at least have been an invisible man watching discreetly. But vicarious thrills are the next best thing. It is such a pleasure to get a chance to relax during the holidays and It makes me smile just knowing I could bring some pleasure to Your day this time of year.

whip

What a day of relaxation it was! If you have never been there before, you have to AT LEAST look at the website and then make the trip there yourself. I'm already planning the next one in my head! :D Its like a giant playground for adults to unwind and pamper themselves and most of all HAVE FUN. One of my favorite parts was the body scrub. I've never had one before. As MJK described, this Korean women in her bra and underwear comes over when its your turn and lays you down on the table. Mind you, you're butt naked and she twists and turns, and flips and spreads you all different ways so she gets every inch of your skin. She wears these scrubby mitts on her hands to slough away the dead skin. At first, the scrubbers hurt but right away they started to feel nice. I looked down at one point and saw this blackish brown stuff on me which I thought was the scrub the woman was using, but in fact, it was my own dead skin she had scrubbed off!!! You would not believe how soft and smooth my skin is today!

Thanks again to MJK and all the other Mistresses for sharing such an indulgent day with me :)

Thanks, M. Kang, for that rejuvenating experience. It reminds me that in this hectic city, you really have to make time for relaxation, or else you'll just get eaten up by the frantic energy of this place. The body scrub was amazing, the most invigorating experience ever. That Korean lady scrubbed me so hard that aside from losing my tan, I thought parts of my tattoo would surely be lighter. Luckily, that didn't happen. :)

xo

• 4 weeks later...