Power of language

AromaLover21

It's been a reoccuring thought of mine. Language, and the power that comes with it. To be more specific I was thinking of how a session would play out being spoken to in another language. Trying to interpret what the mistresses are telling me. Learning key words throughout the session. I personally think it would be arousing. To be commanded and try figure out what is being said. I have always found other languages interesting. I study french and japanese in my spare time though I'm still a novice.

My question for the ladies whom speak another language: Do you enjoy doing so in session? Enjoy watching a sub try to catch on or watching them clueless?

I wish my spoken Arabic and French were good enough to do this, I'm intrigued! Going on my list of goals for next year. How is the Japanese going? I've always wanted to learn but it seems like a daunting task, haha. It's very beautiful, however.

I think this could make for an interesting dynamic, particularly in an interrogation or slave training scenario (teaching certain words and phrases, and punishing you for getting them wrong). I also like the element of forcing a sub to read and be attentive to a Mistress' nonverbal communication.

I wish my spoken Arabic and French were good enough to do this, I'm intrigued! Going on my list of goals for next year. How is the Japanese going? I've always wanted to learn but it seems like a daunting task, haha. It's very beautiful, however.

I think this could make for an interesting dynamic, particularly in an interrogation or slave training scenario (teaching certain words and phrases, and punishing you for getting them wrong). I also like the element of forcing a sub to read and be attentive to a Mistress' nonverbal communication.

It is indeed daunting learning Japanese, especially writing it. Learning the differences between Hirigana, Katakana, and Kanji. Being a fan of Japanese culture has made it a bit easier to learn and speak but it is hard nonetheless.

French would be easier for me to grasp due to my time in college. I took an introductory class and surprised myself at how well I picked it up.

Ive posted a fantasy in a different thread involving being interrogated in a different language. I too wish your spoken Arabic was well enough for a session. I wish to learn how to speak it as well.

I once had a session where Mistress Rey taught me French. Learning from her was easy since she is a good teacher and knows how to motivate. But I haven't kept up with my studies ☹️.

I have often thought a double domme session where the mistresses conspired and teased me in another language would be fun. But I have never done that one yet.

AL:

I sessioned in Japanese with a Japanese Mistress and her female submissive/switch. English was used as well but I had to count each stroke in Japanese.  

Dannyboy

I'll have to study up on both my French and Japanese in order to count high enough for a session where I may be hit. Sounds interesting!

I once had a session where Mistress Rey taught me French. Learning from her was easy since she is a good teacher and knows how to motivate. But I haven't kept up with my studies ☹️.

I have often thought a double domme session where the mistresses conspired and teased me in another language would be fun. But I have never done that one yet.

I'd love to be under her tutelage in a session with rewards and punishments. And I like your idea but for such a session wouldn't both have to speak the same language? Or would you like to be tossed between two languages? Decisions decisions.

I'll have to study up on both my French and Japanese in order to count high enough for a session where I may be hit. Sounds interesting!

I'd love to be under her tutelage in a session with rewards and punishments. And I like your idea but for such a session wouldn't both have to speak the same language? Or would you like to be tossed between two languages? Decisions decisions.

The way I have it in my head they would both be speaking the same language. This does limit who I could session with but allows the dommes the ability to communicate without me knowing what they are planning on. This also describes most of my multi-domme experiences anyway, but language allows for a different dynamic especially if being commanded to do something in another language and I have no way of knowing what to do.

AL:

I needed to count to 100. Another time, pre-Fortress, I sessioned with Ms. Kang and her visiting friend who counted to 100 in Korean. I am familiar with several languages but not Korean. I am most comfortable with Japanese in session but I never studied Japanese.

Dannyboy

The way I have it in my head they would both be speaking the same language. This does limit who I could session with but allows the dommes the ability to communicate without me knowing what they are planning on. This also describes most of my multi-domme experiences anyway, but language allows for a different dynamic especially if being commanded to do something in another language and I have no way of knowing what to do.

Ah okay. I was leaning toward the assumption that it would be 2 mistresses speaking the same language. I concur, a totally different dynamic as without vocal cues you would be forced to interpret.

AL:

I needed to count to 100. Another time, pre-Fortress, I sessioned with Ms. Kang and her visiting friend who counted to 100 in Korean. I am familiar with several languages but not Korean. I am most comfortable with Japanese in session but I never studied Japanese.

Dannyboy

Interesting. Moreso you can understand than speak or are you able to converse in the languages you know?

Interesting. Moreso you can understand than speak or are you able to converse in the languages you know?

AL:

Without being specific, I studied 2 languages and at one time I could have a rudimentary conversation in both of them. I've forgotten 90% of those languages the same way an athlete loses conditioning because of inactivity.

I acquired Japanese from a love interest and years later continued with it by regular contact with specific Japanese Mistresses. When I reunited with my Japanese daughter and had other contact with Japanese speaking friends I kept some minimal ability with the language. In work settings I was also exposed to Spanish speaking people who were not proficient in English and naturally acquired enough proficiency to help some of those people understand what they needed to know.

In the military I was tested for foreign language aptitude and later, when I had access to the records of thousands of personnel records, I never saw a score that equalled mine and only one score that was 50% of mine. 

At this stage of my life I barely understand English anymore let alone any foreign language.

Dannyboy

AL:

Without being specific, I studied 2 languages and at one time I could have a rudimentary conversation in both of them. I've forgotten 90% of those languages the same way an athlete loses conditioning because of inactivity.

I acquired Japanese from a love interest and years later continued with it by regular contact with specific Japanese Mistresses. When I reunited with my Japanese daughter and had other contact with Japanese speaking friends I kept some minimal ability with the language. In work settings I was also exposed to Spanish speaking people who were not proficient in English and naturally acquired enough proficiency to help some of those people understand what they needed to know.

In the military I was tested for foreign language aptitude and later, when I had access to the records of thousands of personnel records, I never saw a score that equalled mine and only one score that was 50% of mine. 

At this stage of my life I barely understand English anymore let alone any foreign language.

Dannyboy

Ah, I understand. I agree, without constant use the ability to speak said language will deteriorate. Having cousins whom are spanish has kept me in the loop for basic conversation. Aside from that with French and Japanese, key words are what I listen for to translate what is being said. Since I'm a bit rusty now that is.

Do you take Japanese classes? How do you practice?

I have never taken a formal Japanese lesson. My ex had taken Japanese in high school and retained some knowledge. So I started with that and through her I met her friends whom also took the class along with her having a few Japanese friends.

As of right now I self study, I practice through roughly translating manga (SUPER HARD TO DO) and the use of duolingo lol.

I love to watch subs who cannot speak Chinese struggle to understand. I also love to decorate their bodies with dirty words--the fact that they have no idea what I'm writing is so empowering.

Haha I'm always so surprised when a non-Asian sub starts speaking to me in Mandarin. It's really impressive because it's a hard language to learn, but a few of them are pretty good!

What motivates one person to learn another language? Is it the culture or the intricacy of the language itself?

My motivation to learn another language is simple really. I want to be able to communicate wherever I go. Not having to rely on English so I can better immerse myself into whichever country I may be in. It shows a willingness to learn and adapt. An appreciation of the culture in my opinion.

What motivates one person to learn another language? Is it the culture or the intricacy of the language itself? 

Dear Ms. Jin:

When I was young I heard other languages and felt at a loss because I didn't understand what was said. The ones I heard were Spanish, Yiddish, some Italian and also what I thought was Chinese (hadn't heard of Cantonese or Mandarin at that time.)

When I was 9 I could count to 10 in Spanish and Yiddish and knew a few very common phrases and greetings and a couple of dirty words or phrases. In today's world that is not an accomplishment. In my formative years few kids born to American born parents had any need to learn any language but English. 

My need to understand drove my interest in learning on my own what other people were saying in my presence. Many languages have rules and follow some sort of order. I like figuring things out and following things wherever the rules might take me.

Very young I had an argument with my big sister. Listening to the Dean Martin song "That's Amore" I told her that "amore" means "love." She said "no you stupid idiot you don't say "that's a love." I said "no you're thinking in English, in Italian "love" is one word "amore." He's singing "that's love." Of course she didn't believe me and told me how stupid I was.

To answer your question: culture or economic necessity are prime factors in learning languages other than one's native tongue. I never had to learn a language until it was part of a school program. In fact the prevailing attitude of my early years was that the rest of the world needed to learn and speak English.

Dannyboy

Dear Ms. Jin:

When I was young I heard other languages and felt at a loss because I didn't understand what was said. The ones I heard were Spanish, Yiddish, some Italian and also what I thought was Chinese (hadn't heard of Cantonese or Mandarin at that time.)

When I was 9 I could count to 10 in Spanish and Yiddish and knew a few very common phrases and greetings and a couple of dirty words or phrases. In today's world that is not an accomplishment. In my formative years few kids born to American born parents had any need to learn any language but English. 

My need to understand drove my interest in learning on my own what other people were saying in my presence. Many languages have rules and follow some sort of order. I like figuring things out and following things wherever the rules might take me.

Very young I had an argument with my big sister. Listening to the Dean Martin song "That's Amore" I told her that "amore" means "love." She said "no you stupid idiot you don't say "that's a love." I said "no you're thinking in English, in Italian "love" is one word "amore." He's singing "that's love." Of course she didn't believe me and told me how stupid I was.

To answer your question: culture or economic necessity are prime factors in learning languages other than one's native tongue. I never had to learn a language until it was part of a school program. In fact the prevailing attitude of my early years was that the rest of the world needed to learn and speak English.

Dannyboy

The need to understand others is a very important drive in learning another language since humans are social animals. How many languages have you learned in order to understand what others were saying? It seems that most people start learning dirty words before they get into other expressions lol

Dear Ms. Jin:

For me to say that I learned the language(s) would be a gross misrepresentation. It would be more accurate to say that I was able to communicate with others who did not speak English as a primary language while I did not speak the primary language of the other individual. Often the other had some facility with English and I acquired some facility with his language through listening, hand gestures and facial expressions. French and Japanese were my strongest languages. Hebrew and Spanish were next. Then on occasion in various phases of my life I had some minor involvement in Italian, Portuguese, German, Yiddish, Russian, Norwegian, Cantonese, Bengali and Vietnamese.

I worked alongside professional interpreters during one of my careers including one who was a very special friend. This friend was certified to translate Spanish and French and could also speak German and Italian. When still a teenager one friend was born in Israel and one friend's mother was born in Italy. I was surprised to hear that the Israeli mother conversed fluently with the Italian mother in Italian. 

In my experience the greatest barrier to learning a foreign language is fear and the next greatest barrier is inflexibility. Anyway I have lost over 95% of what I ever knew due to atrophy. 

Danny boy

Dear Ms. Jin:

For me to say that I learned the language(s) would be a gross misrepresentation. It would be more accurate to say that I was able to communicate with others who did not speak English as a primary language while I did not speak the primary language of the other individual. Often the other had some facility with English and I acquired some facility with his language through listening, hand gestures and facial expressions. French and Japanese were my strongest languages. Hebrew and Spanish were next. Then on occasion in various phases of my life I had some minor involvement in Italian, Portuguese, German, Yiddish, Russian, Norwegian, Cantonese, Bengali and Vietnamese.

I worked alongside professional interpreters during one of my careers including one who was a very special friend. This friend was certified to translate Spanish and French and could also speak German and Italian. When still a teenager one friend was born in Israel and one friend's mother was born in Italy. I was surprised to hear that the Israeli mother conversed fluently with the Italian mother in Italian. 

In my experience the greatest barrier to learning a foreign language is fear and the next greatest barrier is inflexibility. Anyway I have lost over 95% of what I ever knew due to atrophy. 

Danny boy

It's really hard to frequently use another language in America. Even in NYC where there are over 800 different languages spoken everyday, 2nd and 3rd generation Americans find it extremely difficult to learn their parent's native tongue. Losing 95% of what you learned is better than losing 100%. Keep practicing and maybe you can up that percentage!

I have conducted some sessions in Mandarin, and I think it actually is really fun when the slave doesn't speak as well as I do. That way, I always have the upper hand and an extra reason to punish them.

I have also found being gagged keeps me from speaking as well as a mistress. It often leads to drooling, which is also an extra reason for punishment. Of course in the presence of most mistresses I have found speaking English difficult and drooling still occurs. Any way you slice it my inability to speak as well as the mistresses end up with me getting punished.