A Short Taxidermy Tale

Mistress Ree

I went looking for some taxidermy books at Barnes and Noble the other day, and had to ask these two girls behind a customer service desk. First i asked where or if they had a "Hobbies" section. One of the girls, a pale, vacant eyed blonde asked, "What kind of hobby are you looking for?" to which i replied, "Taxidermy." She gave me a horrified look as though i was playing a terrible prank and said, "Seriously?" Testily, i answered back, "Yes." after which her horrified look became an intense, sickened eyeing of me, as though i were a dangerous animal. Or as though i might try to taxiderm HER. Hah! Maybe she was one of those PETA people. The other girl was much nicer and despite my unusual request took it all in stride and began searching their computer database. Alas, no luck. I'll have to order something online instead.

I went looking for some taxidermy books at Barnes and Noble the other day, and had to ask these two girls behind a customer service desk. First i asked where or if they had a "Hobbies" section. One of the girls, a pale, vacant eyed blonde asked, "What kind of hobby are you looking for?" to which i replied, "Taxidermy." She gave me a horrified look as though i was playing a terrible prank and said, "Seriously?" Testily, i answered back, "Yes." after which her horrified look became an intense, sickened eyeing of me, as though i were a dangerous animal. Or as though i might try to taxiderm HER. Hah! Maybe she was one of those PETA people. The other girl was much nicer and despite my unusual request took it all in stride and began searching their computer database. Alas, no luck. I'll have to order something online instead.

Dear Mistress Ree,

Taxidermy as a hobbie, I must honestly admit, I didn't see that one coming, but the reaction of the pale, vacant eyed blonde girl to your request sounds absolutely priceless, I actually wish that I was present to witness that. BTW...I kind of like the thought of envisioning you as a dangerous animal.

Hilarious.

You should've just popped out your chalk and drawn a huge pentagram on the floor of the Barnes and Noble, and asked her to lay down in it. Death is a part of life, and what's more beautiful than a dead thing in your living room to remind you of that?!

Hahahahahahaa.

LOL yeah... i should have thrown in "Santeria" too haha

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mistress Ree,

I was interested to know if you were able to get your hands on any taxidermy books as yet. If so, has taxidermy continued to peak your interest and is it something that you are looking to pursue? As in a Funeral Parlor room added to the Fortress, which I am sure would be kind of fun for the gorgeous Vampire Player. Not looking to volunteer or anything, as I hope to at least have a few good years left in me.

Dear Mistress Ree,

I was interested to know if you were able to get your hands on any taxidermy books as yet. If so, has taxidermy continued to peak your interest and is it something that you are looking to pursue? As in a Funeral Parlor room added to the Fortress, which I am sure would be kind of fun for the gorgeous Vampire Player. Not looking to volunteer or anything, as I hope to at least have a few good years left in me.

Taxidermy has always piqued my interest, lol. I haven't ordered any books yet, because i thought i'd try hitting up the library first, but i keep forgetting to go on my days off, or else i already have plans. I'm not in much of a rush because it will be difficult for me to find specimens upon which to practice here in the city and i figure if i do find any before i get the books i'll just stick em in the freezer :)

Dear Mistress Ree,

I haven't said much for a while, how are you? :D The other day I found the most terrifying Instructables tutorial yet, although there are much worse I'm guessing, but this was to make an LED rat throwie. Basically stuffing a rat with LEDs and magnets so it can be tossed against a fridge. Your taxidermy book search was kicking around in the background as a catalyst for remembering you (although your radiant smile took precedence by hip-checking the hobby thought over)

Check this thing out, it looks demonic: LED Throwie Rat (or Mouse)

Weirdest taxidermy-related article I've seen since the Linux Badger.

-Monokuro

Dear Mistress Ree,

I haven't said much for a while, how are you? :D The other day I found the most terrifying Instructables tutorial yet, although there are much worse I'm guessing, but this was to make an LED rat throwie. Basically stuffing a rat with LEDs and magnets so it can be tossed against a fridge. Your taxidermy book search was kicking around in the background as a catalyst for remembering you (although your radiant smile took precedence by hip-checking the hobby thought over)

Check this thing out, it looks demonic: LED Throwie Rat (or Mouse)

Weirdest taxidermy-related article I've seen since the Linux Badger.

-Monokuro

Hey monokuro, i'm doing great, how bout you?

That's rat is pretty crazy! Or should i say... creepy? lol.

Check out this think- taxidermy fashion accessories!!! I'm in love with the pigeon wing head piece, it reminds me of the Greek god Hermes. And the rate coin purse!! :D

Hey monokuro, i'm doing great, how bout you?

That's rat is pretty crazy! Or should i say... creepy? lol.

Check out this think- taxidermy fashion accessories!!! I'm in love with the pigeon wing head piece, it reminds me of the Greek god Hermes. And the rate coin purse!! :D

Mistress Ree, its good to hear you're well.

I'm fine, out of all my friends I'm the only one to have no incidents by now ;)

I think PETA people would have more of a problem with stuff like that than fur coats... Its really creepy and off putting. That's just like the Predators in the movies that wears skulls on there armor as trophies.

-Monokuro

Mistress Ree, its good to hear you're well.

I'm fine, out of all my friends I'm the only one to have no incidents by now ;)

I think PETA people would have more of a problem with stuff like that than fur coats... Its really creepy and off putting. That's just like the Predators in the movies that wears skulls on there armor as trophies.

-Monokuro

Aahhhh that reminds me of the movie Con Air, when Garland Greene (Steve Buscemi) says, "...I drove through five states wearing her head as a hat."