Fetishes Explained

Dear Ms. Rey:

I could defer a reply for a week or so to find the best possible reply but I can't guarantee I will live that long. LOL

The clip was a calming, feel good about oneself kind of a presentation.  I have no idea as to the credentials of the authors or the underlying research to come up with these hypotheses.  Should we be ashamed of our participation in these activities or should we be public and unfettered in all of our sexual activities? I would say neither.  For myself I enter into these activities voluntarily whether I understand the reasons or not.  Do I need to go to work in the morning and announce to those in the office that my Mistress urinated on my face and I enjoyed it very much?  Of course not.  Do I accept that someone in the office discusses his panty fetish within earshot of others at time when work has to get done? No I don't.  Am I particularly judgmental about the activities? No, but we need to be mindful of time and place and the sensibilities of others.

My activities are not subject to examination by and discussion with others. I want to be free of unwelcome intrusions by others' sexual proclivities as well. This clip does not help or inform me in any way.

Some of the points make intrinsic sense to me but the overall thesis rings hollow.

The only category of activity that meets the definition of fetish is "uniforms." Domination and Submission or public sex is not by definition a fetish.  I loved her accent and the "peaceful, easy" tempo of the presentation.

Thank you for putting this question before us.  I am curious to read the responses of others.

Dannyboy

I am no longer ashamed of my fetishes and BDSM play.  I was when I first came to the Fortress. I felt perverted and dirty. Through the Fortress  mistresses and the Forum I learned how normal these feelings really are and how fortunate I was to be able to explore them with such enlightened and beautiful women. 

I do not broadcast my activities, (It is still my business) But I speak more openly on the subject if it comes up.  If someday I discovered i would admit without shame.

I am no longer ashamed of my fetishes and BDSM play.  I was when I first came to the Fortress. I felt perverted and dirty. 

From "Take the Money and Run." Do you think sex is dirty?  It is if you're doing it right.

Read the lyrics of "Psychotherapy" sung by Melanie Safka.  "....til his analyst assured him that he really was inferior."

Bradley:

If I didn't feel perverted and dirty I would have to stop.  Why take the fun out of it?

Dannyboy

From "Take the Money and Run." Do you think sex is dirty?  It is if you're doing it right.

Read the lyrics of "Psychotherapy" sung by Melanie Safka.  "....til his analyst assured him that he really was inferior."

Bradley:

If I didn't feel perverted and dirty I would have to stop.  Why take the fun out of it?

Dannyboy

I see your point Dannyboy