San Diego Bound!

Hi All! I am leaving for San Diego this week! Yay, I can't wait to take in as much sunshine as I can. Can anyone suggest things for me to do or see while I'm out there? I plan on renting a car too, so maybe I can get in a get in a road trip.

You can look forward to some fun travel pics from me when I get back :D

Hi All! I am leaving for San Diego this week! Yay, I can't wait to take in as much sunshine as I can. Can anyone suggest things for me to do or see while I'm out there? I plan on renting a car too, so maybe I can get in a get in a road trip.

Ooooo have fun!

Mistress Jung,

The Forum readers took a vote and decided you can't leave us, even for a week.

Mistress Jung:

I'm happy that you can get away from this weather. Do you like to sightsee? Do you have other specific interests? I expect to get a phone call from LA today so I might be able to inquire on your behalf.

Dannyboy

There is a great Sushi restaurant (hole in wall place and small so try and make a reservations) out by Mission Bay, but I have had some of the most amazing unusual fish there (for example needle fish, absolutely the best!). It is called Sushi Ota food rated 28 out of 30 in Zagat, decor a 12! I said it was a small divey place.. but don't let that fool you. Go early so they don't run out of certain specials (for example I was selfish and ate up most of the needle fish that night). Make sure they reserve you a spot at the sushi bar and talk to the chef and ask him what is especially good and what is unusual. The latter was my introduction to the needle fish which wasn't on the menu.

Drive over to Coronado Island and go to the Del Coronado. It is one of those classic old hotels, and just beautiful out by the Strand. You can eat dinner out there and catch the sunset.

La Jolla is fun. You might want to drive out to the hang-gliding center to watch the gliders. They have one of the best views of Blacks Beach sun-bathers (a nude beach). Walking the main drag in La Jolla is fun, lots of shops and galleries.

Dinner at the Marine Room in La Jolla is not bad. They have huge bay windows overlooking the water and the waves practically are crashing right on the glass. Kind of a romantic place and a lot of older couples dinning early but the food is good and the view incredible. Again the sunset is nice from here.

Enjoy the Gaslamp district! There are a couple of hot roof top bars one at the Marriott Gaslamp by the stadium called Altitude and the other is Loungesix aka Jbar at the Solamar Hotel. Altitude packs up on weekends and they hold people down in Lobby as they run one of the elevators up to the top.

Mistress Jung:

I'm happy that you can get away from this weather. Do you like to sightsee? Do you have other specific interests? I expect to get a phone call from LA today so I might be able to inquire on your behalf.

Dannyboy

I love sightseeing and anything else unique to the area that I'm visiting. Plus, I love being outdoors, so maybe can excursion somewhere? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks Dannyboy!

There is a great Sushi restaurant (hole in wall place and small so try and make a reservations) out by Mission Bay, but I have had some of the most amazing unusual fish there (for example needle fish, absolutely the best!). It is called Sushi Ota food rated 28 out of 30 in Zagat, decor a 12! I said it was a small divey place.. but don't let that fool you. Go early so they don't run out of certain specials (for example I was selfish and ate up most of the needle fish that night). Make sure they reserve you a spot at the sushi bar and talk to the chef and ask him what is especially good and what is unusual. The latter was my introduction to the needle fish which wasn't on the menu.

Drive over to Coronado Island and go to the Del Coronado. It is one of those classic old hotels, and just beautiful out by the Strand. You can eat dinner out there and catch the sunset.

La Jolla is fun. You might want to drive out to the hang-gliding center to watch the gliders. They have one of the best views of Blacks Beach sun-bathers (a nude beach). Walking the main drag in La Jolla is fun, lots of shops and galleries.

Dinner at the Marine Room in La Jolla is not bad. They have huge bay windows overlooking the water and the waves practically are crashing right on the glass. Kind of a romantic place and a lot of older couples dinning early but the food is good and the view incredible. Again the sunset is nice from here.

Enjoy the Gaslamp district! There are a couple of hot roof top bars one at the Marriott Gaslamp by the stadium called Altitude and the other is Loungesix aka Jbar at the Solamar Hotel. Altitude packs up on weekends and they hold people down in Lobby as they run one of the elevators up to the top.

Wow fistluvr, thanks! That is a big help! :D I'll be sure to look into all those things. Can anybody go hang gliding with an instructor or do you have to have a certification of some sort? If you think of anything else, please let me know. I'll be checking up on the Forum often :)

Dear Mistress Jung,

I was only on a one day trip to San Diego, driving there from L.A. ...

As tourist I had to stop at the "Hard Rock Cafe" in La Jolla, where

the "Maverick" helmet from Tom Cruise in "Top Gun" is shown.

Which isn't very surprising, since Miramar, with the "Top Gun Air Base" is just around the corner...

so don't be too surprised, if two fighting jets thunder over your beautiful head....

I am not so much into sushi and fish... I went to an "Islands" Restaurant

it is some kind of Burger Restaurant with some hawaiian flair, which is only located in cities in

Hawaii, California, Arizona, Colorado and Nevada...

I think the view at the Coast was breathtaking... there were cliffs as well as beach...

Wish I could be more of a help, but as I said it was just a one day trip...

Have fun!!!!!

Nice to know I'll be missed! But I need a change of scenery for some new candid pics :D Plus I'm sure you'll enjoy hearing about my hijinx I plan on causing on the west coast, hehehe.

Mistress Jung,

You will without question be missed, I hope that you enjoy the change from the current cold weather and snow featured here as of late. I will definitely be looking forward to seeing some new candids as well as hearing about your west coast hijinx. Have a safe trip and a whole lot of fun.

I love sightseeing and anything else unique to the area that I'm visiting. Plus, I love being outdoors, so maybe can excursion somewhere? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks Dannyboy!

Mistress Jung:

Funny by my LA contact almost never goes to San Diego. However she mentioned that San Diego has a world famous zoo and Sea World. Further you could do an internet search for places of interest in that area.

Dannyboy

Dear Mistress Jung,

I was only on a one day trip to San Diego, driving there from L.A. ...

As tourist I had to stop at the "Hard Rock Cafe" in La Jolla, where

the "Maverick" helmet from Tom Cruise in "Top Gun" is shown.

Which isn't very surprising, since Miramar, with the "Top Gun Air Base" is just around the corner...

so don't be too surprised, if two fighting jets thunder over your beautiful head....

I am not so much into sushi and fish... I went to an "Islands" Restaurant

it is some kind of Burger Restaurant with some hawaiian flair, which is only located in cities in

Hawaii, California, Arizona, Colorado and Nevada...

I think the view at the Coast was breathtaking... there were cliffs as well as beach...

Wish I could be more of a help, but as I said it was just a one day trip...

Have fun!!!!!

Thank you Tommy! What a coincidence, I was only to San Diego once before and it just for a day too. I didn't really get to do much but what I do remember is how gorgeous it was!

Mistress Jung:

Funny by my LA contact almost never goes to San Diego. However she mentioned that San Diego has a world famous zoo and Sea World. Further you could do an internet search for places of interest in that area.

Dannyboy

Yes, I've heard from several sources that the zoo is a must. I'll keep you updated on what I find :)

I have been to San Diego maybe 20+ times in the last 10 years on business. Usually I don't have time to have fun during the day, but being the pervert I am I have made the hike down to Blacks Beach which is pretty hair raisingly steep to get my nude sunbathing fix.

I never ended up at the Zoo but I have heard from reliable sources that it is absolutely amazing! Check out the Bonobos....a type of chimpanzee. They have a small colony here that are kind of unique and apparently very smart.

If you want the safest absolute dive bar experience, check out the StarBar 423 E St (between 4th Ave & 5th Ave). The bartenders are all Filipinas or at least used to be. I have been absolutely F-upped here but luckily was staying at the Westin just few blocks a way, so i could stagger back home. It can be absolutely packed on weekends, usually people coming in to drink cheap before hitting the clubs. For a while the bartenders all knew me and because I looked like George Costanza/Jason Alexander they would alway call me George even after 6 months away.

Hope you have nice place to stay.

I have been to San Diego maybe 20+ times in the last 10 years on business. Usually I don't have time to have fun during the day, but being the pervert I am I have made the hike down to Blacks Beach which is pretty hair raisingly steep to get my nude sunbathing fix.

I never ended up at the Zoo but I have heard from reliable sources that it is absolutely amazing! Check out the Bonobos....a type of chimpanzee. They have a small colony here that are kind of unique and apparently very smart.

If you want the safest absolute dive bar experience, check out the StarBar 423 E St (between 4th Ave & 5th Ave). The bartenders are all Filipinas or at least used to be. I have been absolutely F-upped here but luckily was staying at the Westin just few blocks a way, so i could stagger back home. It can be absolutely packed on weekends, usually people coming in to drink cheap before hitting the clubs. For a while the bartenders all knew me and because I looked like George Costanza/Jason Alexander they would alway call me George even after 6 months away.

Hope you have nice place to stay.

Thanks again for the info fistluvr! Have you ever been to a place Phils BBQ? My gf told me it was very yummy.

Mistress Jung,

San Diego is a beautiful city. I remember I had a lot of fun there in my late 'teens and that I got really bad sunstroke. I don't remember that much, but you'll have fun. Unfortunately, it is one of several cities I dare not go back to for various reasons... (On that list is Cleveland, and Tongyeong) Please, do have a relaxing time and enjoy the sight, does anybody know what the translation from German is for San Diego? :D

-monokuro