1000 ways to die

mongoose

I was watching that show and in this particular segment a guy hooked up with a Mistress. She made him wear a latex gimp suit, ball gagged him and then tied him up. The beatings ensued but little did he know he had a severe allergy to latex. He couldn't tell the Mistress to let him out of the suit; passed out and died. How real does that sound?

I was watching that show and in this particular segment a guy hooked up with a Mistress. She made him wear a latex gimp suit, ball gagged him and then tied him up. The beatings ensued but little did he know he had a severe allergy to latex. He couldn't tell the Mistress to let him out of the suit; passed out and died. How real does that sound?

People can and have died from allergies. Could one go through many years of life and discover a serious allergy at precisely that moment when communication becomes impossible? Plausible.

Dannyboy

It's unfortunately something that can happen. You might want to check out this NHS document, even though it just outlines the risks.

Key points: Latex is more easily absorbed though a mucosal surface such as the nose, mouth or genitalia rather then intact skin. This may occur by direct contact e.g. condom and diaphragm contraceptives, the glove of a dentist or doctor or when blowing up balloons. It can occur less commonly when latex particles are breathed in, this happens when powdered gloves or balloons in highly sensitive individuals. In this situation, symptoms may proceed rapidly due to the speedy absorption of the allergen.

So its quite possible that for somebody who is unaware that they are allergic, to submit for a full suit up, with hood and gag also in latex cause we are all fetish fashinistas, and now if your unused to being in rubber you got a lot of strange sensations to try to interpret. You may or may not realise that something is horribly wrong way to late regardless of you laying on your back or hanging upside down.

Your description of the event also mentions lack of ways to communicate, which is a problem some times. It's however uncommon to not use safe word, safety signal, dead drops etc, and while we can discuss it's pro's and con's in sessions with experienced long term partners they are mandatory in most short term SSC sessions.

HD.

OK found the episode

• Death#: 319
  • "Event" Name: Domin-a-Dead
  • Date of Death: February 27, 2006
  • Circumstances of Death: A man dies from an unknown allergy to latex after being subjected to wear a latex suit by a dominatrix. A ball gag prevents him from properly voicing his condition.

Sigh! The media angle make me shake my head. He don't seem very well secured to me. Now I'm not saying that you can't get yourself into positions where you have very limited movement etc, but heck he switched positions at least 3 times and was only chained up in the first position so it's not like he can't move a muscle.

HD.