Empowerment through BDSM

travellerinlife

With the modern media showing women as strong individuals, I was curious as to whether or not the dommes feel an underlying sense of empowerment when they're in a session. BDSM heavily revolves around sensation and I would imagine that there is a mental sensation of displaying their strength as women on the male sub, but correct me if I'm wrong. For the subs, I'm curious if you have these similar questions. Do you feel pleasure from taking punishment as acknowledgement of the strength of a woman?

I'm not entirely sure, these could be silly questions because at the end of the day, BDSM is about the enjoyment of the experience. 

tr.....:

I'll leave it to the Mistresses here to reply as they wish.  I've discussed this with Mistresses over time and could venture my own educated opinions. In my case I do not get pleasure from pain in a physical sense. There is more of a psychological need to purify my soul through the ministrations of an empathetic and understanding woman. Now don't ask me what I mean by that.

Dannyboy

For me, the pleasure of taking punishment comes from being able to trust my vulnerable true self to a Mistress whom after whacking away any psychological barriers I may have, extracts the purest forms of emotions to dissect and imprint her will upon

That and the fact that they seem to have fun swinging various instruments of pai… I mean pleasure as we cry in bliss

This is an interesting and complicated question. Yes, in many ways, embodying a dominant persona inverts social norms in a way that is very freeing (and natural, for me)... sessioning can be a space in which women's power is revered rather than feared.

I will say, whether it can be that or not depends a lot on you. With subs who are respectful and appreciative of me, my boundaries, and my time, and who are upfront and communicative about their interests and limits? Absolutely. Failing that? Not so much.