boxing

May 1st will mark the biggest boxing fight this year. "Sugar" Shane Mosley will face undefeated Floyd Mayweather. If Floyd wins he will face filipino sensation Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao has been destroying everyone he faces lately, but will have his hands full against Mayweather. Does anyone think the pacman has a chance of beating floyd who, once again, is undefeated. post-792-12712896707704_thumb.jpg

The time to fight Pacquiao was before the election. He has his mind on other thing. maybe have some problems. After the election whole country behind him. That matters a lot. Also Freddie Roach is very very smart man. I have his videos learn alot of interesting things. Maybe 50-50 who is winning those fights Freddie or Manny. Manny is not so smart. Also they wanted his blood before the fight. that wont happen.

Dear Mistress Tan,

I have thought a lot about you since I sessioned with you when you first arived at the Fortress. You are as i said beautiful and quite lovely, but hardly a wall flower.I find your knowledge of fighting fantastic . I think of you doing a beatdown to me but worry about internal injuries. I wonder if I can take you and provide you a suitable beatdown object to honor you ,how do you feel about it ,Spockme

Hi Mistress Tan,

It's Robert, I don't know if you remember me, but we had a session on Apr 8th..late night at 10:30 pm. You do indeed have a deep knowledge of fighting and I do love that about you. As far as the fight, I'd have to go with Floyd, the guy is just really good at not getting hit and delivering fast targeted jabs and combos. As for a fight between him and pac, I'd still have to go with Floyd, but if he takes Pac Man lightly and doesn't come prepared....he could find himself on the mat looking up at the lights real fast.

I also just wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful session with you! Your champagne is most delicious! Mistress Kang referred me to you... I hope to have a double session with you and Mistress Kang my next visit. After our session, I felt like I had been in a losing boxing match lol! Take care and be well my Asian Queen. :)

The time to fight Pacquiao was before the election. He has his mind on other thing. maybe have some problems. After the election whole country behind him. That matters a lot. Also Freddie Roach is very very smart man. I have his videos learn alot of interesting things. Maybe 50-50 who is winning those fights Freddie or Manny. Manny is not so smart. Also they wanted his blood before the fight. that wont happen.

Manny doesn't want to give a blood test which makes it seem like he's avoiding something. Pacquiao just looks a little too strong at welterweight. Im not saying he is a cheater, but it sounds a little fishy too me since Freddie Roach's fighters have been taking performance enhancing drugs.

Losing a significant amount of blood can make one week, but it would have to be an awful lot. Having blood taken for a drug test would not effect your strength at all. As for many, he does move really well and is very well conditioned. It can be tough to beat someone who doesn't tire and can keep the punches coming. I know what you mean Mistress when it comes to weight gain. I can gain or lose 35lbs in a matter of weeks, You just have great genetics.

May 1st will mark the biggest boxing fight this year. "Sugar" Shane Mosley will face undefeated Floyd Mayweather. If Floyd wins he will face filipino sensation Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao has been destroying everyone he faces lately, but will have his hands full against Mayweather. Does anyone think the pacman has a chance of beating floyd who, once again, is undefeated. post-792-12712896707704_thumb.jpg

Too bad I don't have time to elaborate but Pacquiao would have beaten Mayweather if they fought as soon as Mayweather decided to come back. Mayweather wanted no part of Pacquiao then so he set up his fight with Marquez instead. Then Mayweather refused to make the contract weight with Marquez and had to pay $600,000 as a penalty instead of weakening himself. Weight is everything and that's why those conditions were agreed upon.

Mayweather won't fight Pacquiao until he feels he has every advantage.

Mayweather is without honor in my opinion. Pacquiao has honor.

I don't think they will ever fight.

Dannyboy

Perhaps, boxing is all about money and there's a lot things going on behind the scenes. Often the manager is calling the shots for the purpose of setting of big money matches down the road. Coaches and managers generally get paid by commission. Some fighters are indeed scared of other fighters for fear of losing a shot at the belt, or for fear of just getting beat. I believe Tyson gave up one of his belts so that he didn't have to fight Lenox Lewis. Any professional athlete who dodges drug tests, definitely has something to hide. Imagine a member of the Yankees dodging a drug test...imagine what would be said. As for a fight with Mayweather...who ever wins, it'll be a darn good fight.

Manny doesn't want to give a blood test which makes it seem like he's avoiding something. Pacquiao just looks a little too strong at welterweight. Im not saying he is a cheater, but it sounds a little fishy too me since Freddie Roach's fighters have been taking performance enhancing drugs.

The disinformation about Pacquiao using steroids was put out by the Mayweather camp because it was felt that Mayweather could not win the planned fight at that point in time. Something had to be done to create a deal breaking issue or to get into Pacquiao's head. This would never had been brought up had Mayweather felt ready for Pacquiao.

The argument that fighters should be weaker as they go up in weight, not stronger, was put forth by Paulie Malignaggi because he felt his value as a fighter was diminished by the success of Pacquiao who defeated two fighters who beat him: Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Sour grapes. Let's analyze what happened to Pacquiao.

When he moved up he no longer had to deplete himself to make the lower weight, so he was naturally stronger and already naturally faster. In the De La Hoya fight Oscar had to weaken himself to make the weight and then take iv solutions to rehydrate himself before the fight. He was too weak to fight at that weight anymore and already at the end of his career.

Ricky Hatton was a strong, but uni-dimensional fighter who lost only once to Mayweather by running into the knockout punch. After embarrassing Malignaggi, he fought Pacquiao and rushed face first into a well timed knockout punch. This was for the 140lb championship. No mystery at all.

Miguel Cotto had fought many wars before facing Pacquiao, so he was already past his prime and couldn't cope with the speed of Manny. Cotto took many beatings, even in fights that he won, and had been cut many times. No mystery there.

When Pacquaio fought Clottey, who was known for pulling defeat from the hands of victory in his most important fights, Clottey refused to open up and survived 12 rounds while losing big on the scorecards.

How strange it is that Mayweather fights Shane Mosley who was on steroids for the second De La Hoya fight, a fight that I thought Oscar won and in which Mosley looked strangely bigger than in the past. Now that Mosley is well past his prime it's safe for Mayweather to fight him. Mosley's demolition of Margarita was attributable to the many power punches that were landed on him by Cotto in their fight, the psychological blow of the discovery he was cheating by having plaster in his gloves and the illegal tactics used by Mosley as much as Mosley's skill and experience. Mosley, despite beating Margarita is well past his prime and can't get up to that level anymore.

Is Pacquio using illegal drugs or is he just refusing to yield to the mindgame of Mayweather? Boxing is a dirty game but I believe in the honor of Pacquiao until I can be convinced otherwise.

Dannyboy

Don't get me wrong here, I think Pacquio is a great fighter and no doubt will be remembered as one of boxing's greatest. I also agree with you on all of the points you've made, though from what I understand, even the boxing commission have confirmed Pacquio not wanting to take a test. I'm not going to sit here and say he was on drugs or not, but as an avid weightlifter and someone's who's played sports all my life, I have to wonder. I suspect that there's been cheating of all sorts from many boxers over the decades...most of whom we will never know.

Now, you are correct in that boxing is a DIRTY sport and lots of things happen behind the scenes that most of us will never even know about. It's possible that even the boxing commisson will put out false info just to keep a controversy going, We all know now baseball ignored the use of steroids, largely because the "longball" kept baseball popular. The length that organizations will go to cover up stuff is legendary these days lol.

All of guys you mentioned...drugs or no drugs are great fighters. I think that it'll be a good fight regardless.

Don't get me wrong here, I think Pacquio is a great fighter and no doubt will be remembered as one of boxing's greatest. I also agree with you on all of the points you've made, though from what I understand, even the boxing commission have confirmed Pacquio not wanting to take a test. I'm not going to sit here and say he was on drugs or not, but as an avid weightlifter and someone's who's played sports all my life, I have to wonder. I suspect that there's been cheating of all sorts from many boxers over the decades...most of whom we will never know.

Now, you are correct in that boxing is a DIRTY sport and lots of things happen behind the scenes that most of us will never even know about. It's possible that even the boxing commisson will put out false info just to keep a controversy going, We all know now baseball ignored the use of steroids, largely because the "longball" kept baseball popular. The length that organizations will go to cover up stuff is legendary these days lol.

All of guys you mentioned...drugs or no drugs are great fighters. I think that it'll be a good fight regardless.

Excellent points. I'm not saying you are wrong. Certainly, the tests that Mayweather requested are not the standard tests that are used in boxing. Pacquiao had agreed to take the tests, had to actually, that are required of all boxers. If anyone knows about how to cheat the system it's Mayweather. I guarantee you that if Pacquiao is doing something wrong, or if Freddie Roach is giving him something without his knowledge, Mayweather has used the same substance and will time it to stay under the radar. I still believe in Pacquiao's honor. I'm also keeping him in perspective as to where his position in boxing history will be. Mayweather believes that he's the greatest fighter of all time. I guess he never heard about Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis or the many great fighters who never got the title shot they deserved when they were at the peak of their performance. Dannyboy

Excellent points. I'm not saying you are wrong. Certainly, the tests that Mayweather requested are not the standard tests that are used in boxing. Pacquiao had agreed to take the tests, had to actually, that are required of all boxers. If anyone knows about how to cheat the system it's Mayweather. I guarantee you that if Pacquiao is doing something wrong, or if Freddie Roach is giving him something without his knowledge, Mayweather has used the same substance and will time it to stay under the radar. I still believe in Pacquiao's honor. I'm also keeping him in perspective as to where his position in boxing history will be. Mayweather believes that he's the greatest fighter of all time. I guess he never heard about Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis or the many great fighters who never got the title shot they deserved when they were at the peak of their performance. Dannyboy

Again, all excellent points. Like all industries, the sports industry is all about the "bottom line" and will do what it takes to increase that bottom line. There are so many substances and masking agents out there that have permeated all sports,.. even sports that you wouldn't think.. like golf. Even Tiger's been questioned a bit about performance enhancing drugs..albeit, not aggressively. I have to wonder what they might find if they did indeed do a through investigation. The sports industry mindset nowadays reminds me of the old NASCAR saying that goes "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying to win" lol. On the other hand, mankind has always looked for the edge over his opponent...it's just our makeup as humans. But you are correct in that if Mayweather thinks that he's even close to being the best boxer ever,..then he's got to be on some type of drug lol! Testing policies of all the major sports are a joke in my book, If the tests were even close to legitimate, ALL professional bodybuilding would come to a screeching halt. Like other sports, they all know when they are going to get tested and what they are going to be tested for...it's really just a joke. Without steroids, bodybuilding contests judges would simply be judging a cast of guys with swimmers builds. Doping has been around so long, I'm sure that we've cheered some our favorite athletes on not knowing that they were juiced to the hilt. Guys who get busted more than likely have an addiction and just couldn't stop banging the needle or popping the pill.

Regardless of the deal with Pacquio, I think he's a great guy and will give his all when he steps in the ring....as he always does.

Again, all excellent points. Like all industries, the sports industry is all about the "bottom line" and will do what it takes to increase that bottom line. There are so many substances and masking agents out there that have permeated all sports,.. even sports that you wouldn't think.. like golf. Even Tiger's been questioned a bit about performance enhancing drugs..albeit, not aggressively. I have to wonder what they might find if they did indeed do a through investigation. The sports industry mindset nowadays reminds me of the old NASCAR saying that goes "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying to win" lol. On the other hand, mankind has always looked for the edge over his opponent...it's just our makeup as humans. But you are correct in that if Mayweather thinks that he's even close to being the best boxer ever,..then he's got to be on some type of drug lol! Testing policies of all the major sports are a joke in my book, If the tests were even close to legitimate, ALL professional bodybuilding would come to a screeching halt. Like other sports, they all know when they are going to get tested and what they are going to be tested for...it's really just a joke. Without steroids, bodybuilding contests judges would simply be judging a cast of guys with swimmers builds. Doping has been around so long, I'm sure that we've cheered some our favorite athletes on not knowing that they were juiced to the hilt. Guys who get busted more than likely have an addiction and just couldn't stop banging the needle or popping the pill.

Regardless of the deal with Pacquio, I think he's a great guy and will give his all when he steps in the ring....as he always does.

Thanks for your insights and objective points of view. I remember how disappointed I was to see Frank Shorter finish second in the Montreal Olympic Maration to Waldemar Cierpinski of East Germany. Years later it came to light that the winner used performance enhancing drugs to gain his victory. The results still stand but many of the Eastern Bloc athletes of that time, especially the women, later suffered physically because of the drugs, (cancer, birth defects, etc.) I wish you the best.

Dannyboy

Thanks for your insights and objective points of view. I remember how disappointed I was to see Frank Shorter finish second in the Montreal Olympic Maration to Waldemar Cierpinski of East Germany. Years later it came to light that the winner used performance enhancing drugs to gain his victory. The results still stand but many of the Eastern Bloc athletes of that time, especially the women, later suffered physically because of the drugs, (cancer, birth defects, etc.) I wish you the best.

Dannyboy

Likewise "Dannyboy", It's always good to have decent conversations about what's going on in the world. You have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the boxing world. Ever been to any fights? I've been to football and baseball games, but have yet to make it to a professional fight. I've been working overseas for many years, so it's hard to sked vacations to catch one.

Likewise "Dannyboy", It's always good to have decent conversations about what's going on in the world. You have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the boxing world. Ever been to any fights? I've been to football and baseball games, but have yet to make it to a professional fight. I've been working overseas for many years, so it's hard to sked vacations to catch one.

CRUSHAH:

I've been to many fights over the years and have seen many more on television and pay per view. Last fight I attended was Cotto - Clottey at Madison Square Garden. Manny Pacquiao was there to scout his next opponent: Cotto. He got quite a reception from the crowd. Cotto fought the last 4 years on the night before the Puerto Rican day parade and won all of them. This year he will fight Yuri Foreman, an orthodox Jew, at Yankee Stadium for his 154 lb title.

I've never been to a professional football game, only college and high school games. Been to hockey, basketball, tennis, track meets, soccer, horse races, dog races and baseball games.

This is a great place to talk about many subjects with interesting people. The only taboo subject is politics. Mistress Kang expects us to be respectful of each other. I try to be good most of the time.

Dannyboy

CRUSHAH:

I've been to many fights over the years and have seen many more on television and pay per view. Last fight I attended was Cotto - Clottey at Madison Square Garden. Manny Pacquiao was there to scout his next opponent: Cotto. He got quite a reception from the crowd. Cotto fought the last 4 years on the night before the Puerto Rican day parade and won all of them. This year he will fight Yuri Foreman, an orthodox Jew, at Yankee Stadium for his 154 lb title.

I've never been to a professional football game, only college and high school games. Been to hockey, basketball, tennis, track meets, soccer, horse races, dog races and baseball games.

This is a great place to talk about many subjects with interesting people. The only taboo subject is politics. Mistress Kang expects us to be respectful of each other. I try to be good most of the time.

Dannyboy

Dannyboy:

The temptation to throw in a political comment sometimes is hard to resist. I know if I do I'll be quickly castigated by Mistress Kang, as she's done in the past.

Ray

I never gave my pick. I will not watch the fight. I believe that Mosley is past his peak and can't win unless Mayweather takes chances and gets hit with power punches.

Mayweather by decision.

Dannyboy

I never gave my pick. I will not watch the fight. I believe that Mosley is past his peak and can't win unless Mayweather takes chances and gets hit with power punches.

Mayweather by decision.

Dannyboy

I didn't watch the fight; not surprised by the result. It appears that the big fight is actually a possibility. There will be too much money at stake to blow this one and now that Mayweather has been able to get back into shape he will feel that the time is right.

Pacquiao, win or lose, will never fight again.

Dannyboy