Iron Man 2

I just saw Iron Man 2 last night. It was okay. Plenty of action and fireballs, but i left feeling slightly dissatisfied.

Also, there was a Monster truck parked nearby giving out free cans of Monster Java energy blend, and that became my movie beverage. And then i had trouble falling asleep at night :(

I'm looking forward to Robin Hood! With Russell Crowe i expect it will be like " English Gladiator in Sherwood Forest". Ha.

Iron Man 2 was enjoyable, but (A) lacked the more compelling storyline of the first one, and (B), suffered from that sequel thing, where they feel like they have to "top" the first movie. So if there were 10 explosions in the first one, the sequel's gotta have 20! And if Iron Man fought a guy in a giant Iron Man-like suit in the first one, well then he's gotta fight a dozen this time!

On the plus side, there's Scarlett Johnnsson in that costume.

(You got any outfits like that?)

*daydreams*

I just saw Iron Man 2 last night. It was okay. Plenty of action and fireballs, but i left feeling slightly dissatisfied.

Also, there was a Monster truck parked nearby giving out free cans of Monster Java energy blend, and that became my movie beverage. And then i had trouble falling asleep at night :(

I'm looking forward to Robin Hood! With Russell Crowe i expect it will be like " English Gladiator in Sherwood Forest". Ha.

I haven't seen IM 2 yet, but I've seen some trailors from Robing Hood and it looks very promising. Very Different from all other Robin Hood movies...you'd think it was a Guy Ritchie production.

Iron Man 2 was enjoyable, but (A) lacked the more compelling storyline of the first one, and (B), suffered from that sequel thing, where they feel like they have to "top" the first movie. So if there were 10 explosions in the first one, the sequel's gotta have 20! And if Iron Man fought a guy in a giant Iron Man-like suit in the first one, well then he's gotta fight a dozen this time!

*daydreams*

Agreed, I've seen very few movies where the follow-up rivaled the original..and yes, you can't go wrong with Scarlett who I think is one of the top 5 most beautiful woman in H-Wood.

Also, there was a Monster truck parked nearby giving out free cans of Monster Java energy blend, and that became my movie beverage. And then i had trouble falling asleep at night sad.gif

Stick with Errol Flynn.

*daydreams*

EXACTLY. But it was still an entertaining watch. And yes, Yes, YES to Scarlett Johansson. Even with dark hair she is so damn HOT!! *squeal*

Ray:

You're showing your age. The original is still the greatest. Did you ever notice that in Gladiator they used the Zulu war chant from the movie Zulu (starring Michael Caine?)

Dannyboy

You just made me wonder... If "originals are the best" because they were amazing when they were made or because the sequels and re-dos of later ages were just really bad and so it's not that the originals were necessarily all that amazing, it's just that the ones to come after were worse? And so by comparison uplifting the originals?

You just made me wonder... If "originals are the best" because they were amazing when they were made or because the sequels and re-dos of later ages were just really bad and so it's not that the originals were necessarily all that amazing, it's just that the ones to come after were worse? And so by comparison uplifting the originals?

Dear Mistress Ree:

I usually apply that thought to music. Most sequels, with some notable exceptions like Godfather 2, simply don't measure up to the original and represent an attempt to cash in on the impact and popularity of the original. It's also a generation thing where in the newer versions the main characters take on differing images and values much to the chagrin of the older folks who long for the good old days. How many people today even remember "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond and can compare it to the original with Al Jolson?

As to music, many great works by black artists were "covered" and made popular by white artists. In my day I heard the covers first and later in life heard the originals.

Dannyboy

Dear Mistress Ree:

I usually apply that thought to music. Most sequels, with some notable exceptions like Godfather 2, simply don't measure up to the original and represent an attempt to cash in on the impact and popularity of the original. It's also a generation thing where in the newer versions the main characters take on differing images and values much to the chagrin of the older folks who long for the good old days. How many people today even remember "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond and can compare it to the original with Al Jolson?

As to music, many great works by black artists were "covered" and made popular by white artists. In my day I heard the covers first and later in life heard the originals.

Dannyboy

Aha! Yes