Now that's bondage!

ConsentOptional

One of my pet peeves is faux bondage.  Little spring-loaded clasps that I can easily reach to free myself from, loose rope making knots readily available, etc. 

My thinking is that of all the things I'm willing to pretend for the sake of a session, pretending to be tied up shouldn't be one of them.  I should add that my experiences at FF have involved real bondage.  High quality rope, serious metal restraints.  Strict and sustainable, 2 of my favorite S's.

But check this out.  Looks like garage door cables, ferrules and a professional crimping tool.  That had to be Valentine's Day.  What else could prompt such a loving romantic gesture....

Hey, you have your definition of loving romantic gestures and I have mine.

Thanks for sharing... that really is hot!  I agree that's really good bondage.  I think lots of dommes out there are just too lazy to do real bondage.  I've been doing sessions for quite some time and it wasn't until my first session at the Fortress last year when I experienced real bondage by Mistresses Shankar and Li.  They really used the rope to tie me up tightly and a ball gag.  I felt scared as they took turns sitting on my face and torturing my balls.

Bondage is perfect for all forms of torture because there's no way a slave can escape; I'm talking about inescapable bondage.  I still have yet to experience corporal punishment (whipping, caning) WITH medium to heavy bondage of some sort.  The Mistresses I've seen over the years keep wanting to flog, whip, and cane me without restraining me (and if they do, it's very little).  I shouldn't be able to escape!  

ConsentOptional, I feel the same way about having one less thing to have to pretend.  ;)

23 hours ago, Pussywhippedboy said:

I think lots of dommes out there are just too lazy to do real bondage.

I don't know if it's laziness that often.  Some guys probably like knowing they can just reach up and free themselves; they don't want the experience to be too immersive.  I'm just the opposite.  I like knowing there's not a damn thing I can do.

That said, basic understanding of bondage - how to really secure someone with whatever is available, sustainable positions, etc - is one of the sharp dividing lines between someone who is toying with the idea of being dominant and an actual domme.  Flogging/whipping is another.  When all is said and done they're crafts and one either takes them seriously or they don't.

As you say, the default setting at FF is real bondage.