Women's World Cup voting

franknot

I am not up to date on this event. Still struggling through the Triple Crown races and not very successful. I became aware of superior female athletes when I started running long distance races so many years ago. At another period of my life a female co-worker was a national class amateur boxer. We competed in long distance races together and I couldn't beat her at 5k and 5 miles. I never thought of her as a dominatrix though but I felt a sense of confidence that she was a "concealed weapon" in plain sight. I will not mention her name although I doubt that anyone will know who I am talking about. She did have a short professional boxing career.

Dannyboy

15 hours ago, Dannyboy said:

I am not up to date on this event. Still struggling through the Triple Crown races and not very successful. I became aware of superior female athletes when I started running long distance races so many years ago. At another period of my life a female co-worker was a national class amateur boxer. We competed in long distance races together and I couldn't beat her at 5k and 5 miles. I never thought of her as a dominatrix though but I felt a sense of confidence that she was a "concealed weapon" in plain sight. I will not mention her name although I doubt that anyone will know who I am talking about. She did have a short professional boxing career.

Dannyboy

I’m not a huge fan of soccer (football?) but became interested in women's soccer in 2015 when my Japanese wife and I watched the championship match between the USA and Japan.

While watching those super-fit, tireless, sweat soaked women, I remember thinking  ...what I wouldn't give to be the guy who collected the post game clothing (socks especially) for the laundry.

Dannyboy,.. Now that you mentioned it .. I'm always eager to see a quality women's MMA match, ever since Ronda Rousey raised awareness back in 2010-2015… there’s something extremely arousing about a physically superior woman that you (and she) know could totally dominate you without the need of role-play or games.

Recently saw a match between Delfine Persoon and Katie Taylor. It was a brutal match. Then I watched Ruiz knock out Joshua. The lady I spoke of was about 25 years my junior and didn't look like a fighter. In my prime I could have outrun her at those distances but never had the urge to fight her. She was quite attractive then so other urges crossed my mind.

Dannyboy

17 hours ago, Dannyboy said:

but never had the urge to fight her

Probably a wise decision ... it would have been a lose-lose ... you couldn't have out punched her and you couldn't run away either.

While on the subject.. both you and i lived through the Mohamed Ali era, but watching the "what's my name" documentary recently on HBO brought a tears to my eyes.

11 hours ago, franknot said:

Probably a wise decision ... it would have been a lose-lose ... you couldn't have out punched her and you couldn't run away either.

While on the subject.. both you and i lived through the Mohamed Ali era, but watching the "what's my name" documentary recently on HBO brought a tears to my eyes.

As Spock would say your analysis seems logical. Didn't know of the documentary but I didn't get to see him fight Ernie Terrell. By sheer coincidence I happened to be in Portsmouth, England the night that he beat Brian London in Portsmouth, England. Perhaps the special is still available on demand. If so I'll watch it.

Dannyboy