Painting time

I get a lot of questions or mentions of my painting since I’ve shared a few of my (many) sketches ! different paintings have different intentions and process of completion — regardless , I’m blessed with my muses (aka subs haha) who are the most perverted, creative, adventurous, brave, and unique of them all. 

I love to I see and paint all the hidden forms of yours that speak through your ways of submission to me. What do you see in this painting ? I’ve been painting non stop since coming back home last night !!

5420EBF5-02B3-46C1-8F4F-804A7D7AB24B.jpeg

It’s really cool to see the painting evolving. I love that you take your experiences with us and use it to create more art.

Because I know it was inspired by our submission, I’m worried I’m seeing things that aren’t there. E.g. In the first version, I kept wanting to interpret her hand as mimicking a praying mantis claw, but after seeing the second version now I suspect that was just me projecting. 

I’d love to hear what specifically inspired you.  Tho I’d totally understand if as an artist (or a mistress) you’d rather just let the painting speak for itself. 

On 8/20/2022 at 9:03 AM, philosophicalsub said:

It’s really cool to see the painting evolving. I love that you take your experiences with us and use it to create more art.

Because I know it was inspired by our submission, I’m worried I’m seeing things that aren’t there. E.g. In the first version, I kept wanting to interpret her hand as mimicking a praying mantis claw, but after seeing the second version now I suspect that was just me projecting. 

I’d love to hear what specifically inspired you.  Tho I’d totally understand if as an artist (or a mistress) you’d rather just let the painting speak for itself. 

Well I think that’s point of art! You are free to see whatever you want in it — the animalistic nature of the painting was DEF inspired by our Mantis&butterfly RP, but it’s really meant to capture any and all related feelings, thoughts and experiences an audience can draw from their life. Violence, passion, water, life, death, intimacy, fluidity, power, exploration of the unknown, bravery, immobility and mobility, domination and submission, resistance and acceptance, octopus and a woman…

On 8/21/2022 at 1:31 AM, Mistress Kang said:

It definitely speaks to me. Reminds me of the book cover art for Heinlein's Stranger In A Strange Land. It's an image of Smith hiding underwater, martian water-brother.

The image in your painting looks like it is underwater to me. The tentacles feel menacing... 

ohhhh beautiful cover art! I def see it. 

I feel like I’m sometimes the octopus man… gracefully menacing. ??

B69ED0A7-0D63-40BB-AD88-F2D029768C2D.jpeg

On 8/19/2022 at 5:09 PM, Mistress Juno Sato said:

Progress pic ..

E9383AC5-9D09-4C46-A9B3-34560FFC6C39.jpeg

I feel like I can see two faces in the green...like someone caressing the central figure, who doesn't seem that enamored with it.

6 hours ago, Mistress Juno Sato said:

FDF66BBC-FC6B-4412-AC3B-2EBA5FE3017F.jpeg

I'm jealous now, you have other piggie subs!

On 8/22/2022 at 10:48 AM, Mistress Juno Sato said:

Well I think that’s point of art! You are free to see whatever you want in it — the animalistic nature of the painting was DEF inspired by our Mantis&butterfly RP, but it’s really meant to capture any and all related feelings, thoughts and experiences an audience can draw from their life. Violence, passion, water, life, death, intimacy, fluidity, power, exploration of the unknown, bravery, immobility and mobility, domination and submission, resistance and acceptance, octopus and a woman…

I definitely agree that one of the cooler parts of art is that it affects everybody differently. Still, even though I know that, part of me is afraid of getting it “wrong“ somehow. 

Right or wrong, after some reflex, here’s how my brain makes sense of the picture: Because the female character is put in the foreground and the face of the background male is so still, it definitely feels like she is the more powerful of the two. But both of the characters feel a little restrained to me. They are literally entwined in each other, and even if she has more power, she isn’t completely free to do as she wants.

Which seems like an apt metaphor for d/s dynamics to me. The dominant does have all this apparent power, but they are restrained by their partner’s limits, their desire not to cause real harm, etc. 

I don’t think I would have put it this way before thinking about the painting, but I find it very rewarding when I am able to loosen my dominant’s restraints a little. That is, allow them to feel comfortable indulging some desire they normally feel they have to hold back on for the sub’s sake.