My Fooking Twitter Moment :)

Guest Mistress Kang

Guest Mistress Kang

Sitting at my white square dining table on my white bar height chair reading the Forum and drinking coffee I just made with my white coffee maker. Coffee is not black. Just put up curtains last night to cover my closet (I ripped out the doors (accident I swear). Finally picked up some paint over the weekend and will paint my storage bed next weekend...hopefully. I was only able to get 3 of the 5 colors I wanted (they were out of stock of the base for mixing) so I ended up getting 2 extra sample sizes of colors which I'll use to draw little pictures :) Also got some wire shelving for the rest of my bedroom crap LOL and I want to make a curtain for that too. OH! And I finally opened up a box I had delivered containing a custom made bean blanket and lap thingy too! HELLO KITTY OF COURSE!!! OMG..will take a pic once it's all done- I still have much to do including the walls...

Sitting at my white square dining table on my white bar height chair reading the Forum and drinking coffee I just made with my white coffee maker. Coffee is not black. Just put up curtains last night to cover my closet (I ripped out the doors (accident I swear). Finally picked up some paint over the weekend and will paint my storage bed next weekend...hopefully. I was only able to get 3 of the 5 colors I wanted (they were out of stock of the base for mixing) so I ended up getting 2 extra sample sizes of colors which I'll use to draw little pictures :) Also got some wire shelving for the rest of my bedroom crap LOL and I want to make a curtain for that too. OH! And I finally opened up a box I had delivered containing a custom made bean blanket and lap thingy too! HELLO KITTY OF COURSE!!! OMG..will take a pic once it's all done- I still have much to do including the walls...

Mistress Kang,

Best of luck on your current project. Sounds like it's coming along nicely, love the addition of anything HELLO KITTY. With your magic touch, I have high hopes for the finished product, can't wait to see the pic.

Guest Mistress Kang

Thanks and it is ;-)

Kinda brings back memories of building the Fortress from scratch. Days and nights on endless loop, lots of sugar free Redbull (caffeine!), Gatorade LOL for hydration, bags of pretzel sticks and yucky food from the deli around the corner (they are open all night and close by)... I went to EVERY single Home Depot in Manhattan, two in Queens and one in Brooklyn- ALL at least twice! I remember driving in a rental car to Jamaica (Queens) around 9am in the morning while listening to some classical musical station on the radio. And after having stayed up the entire previous night working away inside my very own Fortress, I felt like I could predict the next note of every song I heard even though I'd never heard them LOL Completely NUTSO I tell ya! And once I was so sleep deprived I made up a story in my head and started to think I was checking on little "I-don't-know-whats" (?!) in the Tatami Room to see if they were ready to "hatch" (?!) HAHAHA- But what I was REALLY doing was painting the originally white ceiling panels with black paint and leaning them upright in the Tatami Room until they dried to paint the next coat (because of the crevices they required several coats) LOL

I enjoy the end results of "manual labor" as much as the actual work itself ;-) I can't wait until my bedroom is what I exactly what I want it to be, then comes the rest of my apartment!

Thanks and it is ;-)

Kinda brings back memories of building the Fortress from scratch. Days and nights on endless loop, lots of sugar free Redbull (caffeine!), Gatorade LOL for hydration, bags of pretzel sticks and yucky food from the deli around the corner (they are open all night and close by)... I went to EVERY single Home Depot in Manhattan, two in Queens and one in Brooklyn- ALL at least twice! I remember driving in a rental car to Jamaica (Queens) around 9am in the morning while listening to some classical musical station on the radio. And after having stayed up the entire previous night working away inside my very own Fortress, I felt like I could predict the next note of every song I heard even though I'd never heard them LOL Completely NUTSO I tell ya! And once I was so sleep deprived I made up a story in my head and started to think I was checking on little "I-don't-know-whats" (?!) in the Tatami Room to see if they were ready to "hatch" (?!) HAHAHA- But what I was REALLY doing was painting the originally white ceiling panels with black paint and leaning them upright in the Tatami Room until they dried to paint the next coat (because of the crevices they required several coats) LOL

I enjoy the end results of "manual labor" as much as the actual work itself ;-) I can't wait until my bedroom is what I exactly what I want it to be, then comes the rest of my apartment!

Mistress Kang,

Just as I suspected, a magic touch. It is nice to see the fruits of your labor turn into exactly what you wanted the end result to be. Your story of the Fortress being a good example, after a diet of yucky foods, completely NUTSO moments, being sleep deprived and making up stories in your head that possibly twist reality, yet through it all finally success. I firmly believe, where you are concerned and whatever challenge you take on, the possibilities are endless.

Guest Mistress Kang

I have thought about the setup at times Mistress Kang. It's quite an impressive undertaking. Did you do all of the planning/work yourself?

After about 6 months of legwork, the original space (now the Fortress) was a ping pong club with of course an MJ room in the back LOL so we got to dispose of some pretty cool automatic MJ tables- have you ever seen those? They shuffle and line up the MJ pieces for you LOL

I pretty much knew exactly what I wanted and how to get it- no, not by batting my lashes, although that, a "thank you" and a smile never hurt ;-). Friends with professional backgrounds in areas I needed help in were always happy to lend a helping hand. I hired others (mostly Chinese) for other manual labored professions (ie contractors to build out the entire floor, electrical wiring, security system...). Things that I could do or at least *learn* to do, I did. Creating the looks for each playroom, designing and building the bondage tables and ladders, (too much!) painting, installing small things like door locks, light fixtures, shelving and TONS of Ikea trips which of course ended up in putting together their furniture. BTW, the drive to Jamaica was to pick up the pipes for the bondage ladders and table frames (the Pink Room ones are painted (several coats of) white, they are not PVC as many seem to think). Rented tools from Home Depot and learned how to use them... It's still an ongoing project, I will never see it as 100% complete and will always be room for improvement- that's just the way it is I guess LOL

After about 6 months of legwork, the original space (now the Fortress) was a ping pong club with of course an MJ room in the back LOL so we got to dispose of some pretty cool automatic MJ tables- have you ever seen those? They shuffle and line up the MJ pieces for you LOL

I pretty much knew exactly what I wanted and how to get it- no, not by batting my lashes, although that, a "thank you" and a smile never hurt ;-). Friends with professional backgrounds in areas I needed help in were always happy to lend a helping hand. I hired others (mostly Chinese) for other manual labored professions (ie contractors to build out the entire floor, electrical wiring, security system...). Things that I could do or at least *learn* to do, I did. Creating the looks for each playroom, designing and building the bondage tables and ladders, (too much!) painting, installing small things like door locks, light fixtures, shelving and TONS of Ikea trips which of course ended up in putting together their furniture. BTW, the drive to Jamaica was to pick up the pipes for the bondage ladders and table frames (the Pink Room ones are painted (several coats of) white, they are not PVC as many seem to think). Rented tools from Home Depot and learned how to use them... It's still an ongoing project, I will never see it as 100% complete and will always be room for improvement- that's just the way it is I guess LOL

Mistress Kang,

I'm impressed with Your efforts and perseverance but I'm not surprised. I've always sensed Your eagerness and determination and when those qualities are combined with Your intelligence and cleverness You are a powerful force.

whip

Mistress Kang,

I'm impressed with Your efforts and perseverance but I'm not surprised. I've always sensed Your eagerness and determination and when those qualities are combined with Your intelligence and cleverness You are a powerful force.

whip

Absolutely Whip, I couldn't agree more.

Guest Mistress Kang

Pretty damn neato huh?

Old school LOL

When I was little, *every* family get together (Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays..) included an 8-hour long MJ game of at least one table. The usual players: my mom, aunts, great uncle, great aunt, first cousins once removed and the occasional visiting family friend. We were the only kids (aka the "babies") in the family at that time so they would pay my brother and I in increments of quarters for pounding on their shoulders...a "massage" of sorts...LOL

A-ha! Look what I found! Check out the back wall, see the doorway on the right? that lead to the backroom where they played MJ..

post-3-047280400 1296184877_thumb.jpg

Mistress Kang,

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. Always wanted to learn how to play Mahjong and not loose my shirt.

LW

Pretty damn neato huh?

Old school LOL

When I was little, *every* family get together (Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays..) included an 8-hour long MJ game of at least one table. The usual players: my mom, aunts, great uncle, great aunt, first cousins once removed and the occasional visiting family friend. We were the only kids (aka the "babies") in the family at that time so they would pay my brother and I in increments of quarters for pounding on their shoulders...a "massage" of sorts...LOL

A-ha! Look what I found! Check out the back wall, see the doorway on the right? that lead to the backroom where they played MJ..

Pretty damn neato huh?

Old school LOL

Very cool, high tech gaming! I love historical stuff, particulary photography. So, from the vantage point where the photo was taken, is that as you get off the elevator now?

Guest Mistress Kang

Very cool, high tech gaming! I love historical stuff, particulary photography. So, from the vantage point where the photo was taken, is that as you get off the elevator now?

Yes that's right, the row of windows on the left is where our four foot wide hallway is now LOL

Glad you enjoyed the trip back..

Guest Mistress Kang

Mistress Kang,

8-hour long Mahjong game at *every* family get together, pretty damn neato indeed!

Yep and it's about that time again! Time to dow-lai-see! (English translation: collect red envelopes!)

Only I don't think I'll be earning any quarters this year LOL

Guest Mistress Kang

I had googled MJ room before I posted and up popped a bunch of Michael Jackson rooms. I was thinking this was weird. Ping pong and Michael Jackson room?

I see you have not perfected the Google search function- if you had only asked "What is Chinese MJ" your little friend would have told you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong

Oh Raymonduh!

Guest Mistress Kang

Mistress Kang,

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. Always wanted to learn how to play Mahjong and not loose my shirt.

LW

Hey LW I think I might have added the "Pre-Fortress" photo after you replied, did you get to check it out? :)

There are quite a few underground MJ dens in Chinatown. Late at night when the streets are quiet, you can hear the sound of MJ tiles being shuffled, stacked... They are in the strangest of places; basements, lower level kitchens..I've even seen a game in the middle of a store front corner flower shop. I tried to snap a cell cam pic through all the good luck cumquat and bamboo plants but they did not look too happy LOL

Yep and it's about that time again! Time to dow-lai-see! (English translation: collect red envelopes!)

Only I don't think I'll be earning any quarters this year LOL

Mistress Kang,

Yes, for the Chinese New Year family get together.

You're right, I would imagine the days of both you and your brother earning quarters has passed.